CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baneblade Update (2/8)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Baneblade Update (2/8) Empty
PostSubject: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 9:14 am

Got another update Smile I worked on this a bit over the weekend, and got it to a point where I am about 75% happy with where it is Smile So, taking the pictures this time, I again noticed there are places in the tread that I missed, so I'm going to take a bunch of pics and print them out so I can go through and catch every single place that I can make out.... Hate to have to do that, but I can't seem to remember all of the spots that were missing the primer....

But, other than the treads, I've got some touchups to do, and then there is one place I have to use some green stuff on (let's just say that I tried magnetizing something that apparently I probably shouldn't have, so I've got to fill in a hole), as well as putting the magnet into the full sized cannon (which is also painted, btw). Overall, I'm pleased with the results so far.... Actually, it almost looks like it's in a rain storm with how the inking turned out... I was actually even thinking about getting some of that water effects gel stuff and pooling it on places to make it look like it's collecting rain water... though, I think that would be excessive, but still a cool idea.... I haven't done the minis to "run over" yet, as I've got to get different minis from different armies to actually build from. I've got a place on eBay that I may buy individual plastic minis from, but if you all know of a place where I get get single minis for under 1.5-3 bucks apiece, let me know!

Baneblade Update (2/8) _2032779

Front view:
Baneblade Update (2/8) _2032780

So, what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 10:20 am

Looking pretty good I think. My one thought is to maybe hit the hull mounted heavy bolter thing with some more blue? It seems a little too patchy to me, but that's just my taste. My guess is that your best bet for single models is to bum a necron or an ork or a nid off of one of us. I know I have plenty of tyranid arms myself Wink.
Back to top Go down
Mack_attack
Neophyte
Mack_attack

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 8:21 pm

ME LIKE ME LIKE ALOT
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 8:19 am

I got my green stuff and more magnets a night or two ago, and I FINALLY have the ability to change the hellcannon to the baneblade cannon!! cheers So, I'll try to get a pic tonight with the bb cannon and the heavy bolter sponsons Smile
Back to top Go down
cowbomber
Neophyte
cowbomber

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 5:11 pm

like the color on the bane blade but don't like the color on the imperial guard kind of weird looking
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 8:39 am

cowbomber, the tank operator matches the IG Kasrkin that I have and the unit of IG troops. Basically, I wanted something that would go along with an Ultramarine army, like the fluff that says that Ultramar volunteers units for the IG from time to time...

Baneblade Update (2/8) KarskinSergeant

and some of the other unit:
Baneblade Update (2/8) _C182691

So, it's just a continuation of the theme of my army. I've been told that they look better in person (which I would tend to agree with).
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:15 pm

They sure do, I was a but put off when I first saw them. Much better in person.

Once you imrpove your skin painting they will look really nice.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Thanks Matt Smile Yeah, I agree, got to work on Flesh tones.... I wonder if there is anybody out and about that would want to get together sometime over a weekend and do some painting at Sci Fi? Maybe someone who has some skill with painting skin? (I know that leaves you out for now Matt) Just an idea Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Haha, if I wasn;t in Seattle I'd show up. I still need practice on skin.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 8:45 am

Ok, here is the baneblade cannon attached Smile I LOVE the magnets! I think it's awesome to have the ability to swap up the weapons like this Smile Still a WIP, though, as I just started painting the cannon, so it's not highlighted or anything yet...

Baneblade Update (2/8) _2072782

(If you notice, I also swapped out the flamers for the bolters for the pic Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade Update (2/8)   Baneblade Update (2/8) Empty

Back to top Go down

Baneblade Update (2/8)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: