CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warp Lightning Cannon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cowbomber
Neophyte
cowbomber

Warp Lightning Cannon Empty
PostSubject: Warp Lightning Cannon   Warp Lightning Cannon EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 am

i have a question... saturday at warhammer me my brother bruce rob and... uhm... that other guy played a warhammer fantasy game. i played lizardmen mack and bruce played skaven and the other team played elves (i hate elves). anyway my skinks were in close combat with a dragon when mack chose to fire his WLC. if the shot happens to hit the combat does it stop or hit what's in the line?
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Warp Lightning Cannon   Warp Lightning Cannon EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 12:31 pm

Get the rules up here and we may be able to tell you.
Back to top Go down
cowbomber
Neophyte
cowbomber

PostSubject: Re: Warp Lightning Cannon   Warp Lightning Cannon EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 pm

well it says that when you fire the canon first point it in the direction you wish to fire. it may be fired through your own troops.it says that there are no restrictions when pointing a target but does that include through combat
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Warp Lightning Cannon   Warp Lightning Cannon EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 2:10 pm

ok 1st off it only hits the ones in line which means it cant be randomized in the shot......give me 5 min to dig it up and Ill edit this to have the exact wording(fun) which is pretty legnthy.
the answer is right in the rule(missed it till I typed it up that part is in bold) I did not add anything to the rule except maybe a miss spell here and there

ok so from the fireing the cannon part of its rule(yes all of that part):The warp lightning cannon is a move-or-fire weapon like all other war machines.

To fire the cannon, first point it in the direction you wish to fire. Note that the special warstone-powered aiming sight allows the skryre adept to see through terrain and troops, so you don't need a clear line of sight to the target. The cannon can be fire in any diffection, even though your own troops- no restricion applies whtsoever. for convenience, it's better if you indicate a model as a target and line up the barrel towards it.

When the machine is fired, a bolt of leathal warpstone is released in a straight line from the cannon's muzzle. Roll 8D6 and total the score to determine what the range in inches the lighning proected from the gun is going to be that turn.

Determine which models are hit in the way as you would do for the bounce of a cannon ball, except that all models (friend and foes) lying along the entire line's length are hit. There is no need to randomise hits if the line goes through models engaged in close combat with the enemy, all the models lying under the line are hit as simple as that (note that this is an exception to the normal rules for shooting in close combat)

Roll an artillery dice. models hit by ligtnigh suffer an automatic hit at the strength rolled by the artillery dice. Armour saveing throws as normal, modified by the strngth of the cannon.

If you roll a misfire refer to misfire chart on the right.

ok so like I said that day only hit the units in the line
yea sorry I missed that part....its pointed out right in its own rules not sure how I missed it, oh well answers the question at least
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warp Lightning Cannon   Warp Lightning Cannon EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 2:02 am

It would have been good if you had read that to us saturday, but you are correct. I don't play skaven and was going by standard rules. We know better for next time though. If you don't have it, there is an errata for the skaven on GW's site they may clearify some other things we talked about.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Warp Lightning Cannon   Warp Lightning Cannon EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 7:15 am

The FAQ does help some, but yea I read that section and missed that whole part, not sure how I missed it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warp Lightning Cannon   Warp Lightning Cannon Empty

Back to top Go down

Warp Lightning Cannon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: