CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shining Spear assault and instant death

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

Shining Spear assault and instant death Empty
PostSubject: Shining Spear assault and instant death   Shining Spear assault and instant death EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 5:42 pm

So the shining spears are another one of the hardest hitting units in the game no questions asked. With a full squad you get 8 s6 power weapon attacks at WS4 and I5, and 3 s8 power weapon attacks WS5 I6, and if you attach an autarch your gettin 5 more s6 power weapon attacks WS6 I6.

Of course this is only the turn when they initiate the assault, and are 35 points a model and its a few hundred points for the aforementioned unit.

My question is...

The exarch carries a star lance, it follows the rules for a star lance but has a strength of 8 in all cases. This means that if he puts his attacks on an independent character with T4, and its the first round of assault, I can instakill him? On any turn in which they initiate an assault, models armed with laser lances count as having strength 6 power weapons. Thats right out of the codex.. but would it count as that strength for instakill?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Shining Spear assault and instant death   Shining Spear assault and instant death EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Shining Spear assault and instant death   Shining Spear assault and instant death EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 9:27 pm

I know this isn't the main topic of the thread, but shining spears are still a rough buy and are hard pressed to make their points back. I speak from personal and painful experience.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Shining Spear assault and instant death   Shining Spear assault and instant death EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Too many rolled ones (and even re-rolled ones) when moving through difficult terrain.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Shining Spear assault and instant death   Shining Spear assault and instant death EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 10:43 pm

No, simply their lack of staying power after the charge. if they are allowed to strike back, even with hit and run, you're pretty much screwed.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Shining Spear assault and instant death   Shining Spear assault and instant death EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 2:53 am

yeah you really need to strike the right target with them. No fun otherwise...

thanks for your help all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shining Spear assault and instant death   Shining Spear assault and instant death Empty

Back to top Go down

Shining Spear assault and instant death
Page 1 of 1