CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*

Go down 
+10
Evil Bob
Matt
FrostWolf
JMarv
Makari
Bojesphob
Scav
Preter
CJ
Marc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:12 pm

well this will be my third time playing "saim-hann", so it will be a learning experience for both of us. Very Happy

plus matt told us to beat up on you a little bit! Laughing jk
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:17 pm

hey guys i was just wondering. the latest i can get picked up is around 6:00. will i still be able to participate? will it be over by then. please let me know soon. thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 12:26 pm

thore closes at 6 so we havbe to be packed up around then
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Not sure how we will do scenarios tomorrow but i printed the 16 scenarios from GW if we want use those. we can randomly place the pages at each table and then they can ce flipped over and used!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 2:27 pm

I like the idea.
If we wanna be semi tourney mode though then every table should play the same scenario.

$0.02 Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 2:59 pm

oh i thought tourneys had different scenarios based either by round, or by table? as has been my experience. But by the same token I have played a tourney that all the scenarios were the same throughout.

I'm cool either way...
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 5:10 pm

From the sounds of people's arrival time and this desire for tourney related stuff then people should definitely look at 4x4 game space. Otherwise the games will take that much longer. Games on 8x4 just take longer.

Alternatively if someone wanted a longer single game two tables would still hold up to 8 players on 4x4 and keep one open. So we have options.

Even getting games started by 2pm I just don't see say six players getting in two games on large boards. Not without a very strict time keeper and everyone reliably showing up early enough.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 6:56 pm

FOOD?
What do people have in mind for food during the time span?
I like pizza just as much as the next guy... but I want to see if anyone had any ideas?
Big Party Sub? Chinese Buffet Delivered ish?
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 7:01 pm

I was just going to pack in some stuff myself. Although the Japanesse place in the mall makes some good stuff.

But am open to jumping in on an order. Normally not pizza unless there's some coupon involved. Although generally pizza is the easiest thing to order. I recall seeing something about a party sub in the mall food court when passing by awhile ago.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Angry Bob wrote:
From the sounds of people's arrival time and this desire for tourney related stuff then people should definitely look at 4x4 game space. Otherwise the games will take that much longer. Games on 8x4 just take longer.

Alternatively if someone wanted a longer single game two tables would still hold up to 8 players on 4x4 and keep one open. So we have options.

huh, I thought we were breaking down to four 6x4?

I dunno, the whole "round robin" idea is not set in concrete if folks are not showing up until past 1p I suppose. It was just an idea if we had so many guys starting a game at the same time and then playing a second game right after. I'm not getting there and then waiting for a grand start time as players trickle in. I wanna play Wink If its just me and 'dude A' with our gear at 12:15p then lets go...

...besides, the Eldar will hand it to me in 30min. Hell, they're even red Eldar so make it 20 Laughing
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm going to have to be out guys, sorry. Hope it doesn't mangle the mini-tourney too bad. Turns out I need to be hosting people for dinner at 6 and I'm the cook of the household. Next time.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Marc wrote:
huh, I thought we were breaking down to four 6x4?
If the tables are even and someone brings tape then that is pretty cool. In past experience this hasn't been the case. But there's a first time for everything. I'll bring some table safe tape.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:47 pm

i agree that the concept of a mini-tourney is too hard to do. lets just make it a big group of people playing warhammer.. eh?

that would be more enjoyable.

marc.. we'll see. im going to do my best, of course, but i wouldn't count on a spanking b/c i am fluffy too bro. only 1 falcon, i promise! Wink
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 11:18 pm

Ryan.....your going to have to catch the bus.....I'm out too.....spending time with the wife day.....we need to go grocery shopping to as well.

LET ALONE......there's going to be too many people and too little space. Eric runs Dark Heresy on Sunday and I know of at least 8 of them total will take up 2 tables....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 11:22 pm

Yeah, but those aren't the tables used for gaming.

There is space for 8 gamers on the tables.

Is this the week Eric is running his game? That is every other week. Not sure if this is the on or off week.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:20 am

Ill be there at noon myself with just my space wolves Twisted Evil looking forward to some more testing for my space wolves, if my list does well Ill post it later on the fourm
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Tau   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:44 am

I will be there with Makari tryin to host a tau army but i am just a few bits shy if theres is a chance anyone has any extra tau fire warriors they could lend me for this would be great. Sorry to ask, but I hope I will be able to join in on the action and fun.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:50 am

Ill see about bring some of mine....if I do Ill happily lend them to you
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:50 am

Awesome thanks Frost
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:07 am

it's an on week
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:29 am

Eric is not running Dark Hersay today. His road trip started this week. This was made pretty clear to those of us at last weeks game.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 11:48 am

Incidentally I posted the information in Eric's Dark Heresy thread last week.
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/role-playing-games-f18/dark-heresy-open-rpg-at-sci-fi-city-t672.htm
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:34 am

Two great games for me Very Happy

Thanks to Ryan for showing the evils of Eldar Jetbikes and to Bruce for allowing me to put a win in the White Scars column.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:09 pm

My poor space wolves, you guys broke their undefeated record....guess Ill have to stop playing nathan and fight someone who is more of a challange now that I have lost to someone Razz great games though. To bad my wolf lord and wolf priest do not count as scoreing.....oh well gotta remeber the scoreing for next time
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:05 pm

It was great seeing that much gaming going on. Had a nice regular Tau vs basic IG game, a draw we basically killed each other allot without reaching our objectives. Even happier to get more use of my Cities of Death terrain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*   Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS* - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun Feb 24th @ SciFi *THANKS*
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next