CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saganami Island Tactical Simulater

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

Saganami Island Tactical Simulater Empty
PostSubject: Saganami Island Tactical Simulater   Saganami Island Tactical Simulater EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 6:52 pm

Good old sits. I only know one other person who plays this game and he tought me how to play back at wohag. It seems that it is quite notorious in gaming circles for being about three times as complicated as battletech. However if there is any interest out there i will see what i can do about getting the rules. Unless someone already has them. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Saganami Island Tactical Simulater   Saganami Island Tactical Simulater EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 6:57 pm

Quote :
three times as complicated as battletech

ouch Sad

On another note, care to link some info or explain a little? I've never even heard of it.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Saganami Island Tactical Simulater   Saganami Island Tactical Simulater EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 7:08 pm

You control a ship (or fleet if you are that brave). in three dimenstions. shooting missiles, turning dodging... Your dogfighting with giant space battleships and the game mechanics take physics into account. I have played it a few times and only have a vague idea on how to master the hole thing and at the same time it is very intuitive. Mixes pen and paper kind of math with miniatures. Involved but rewarding. Based in the "honor Harrington" universe. I i find a good deal on the boxed set and no one else on the forums plays it, i will try to do a demo game.

If anybody else has played this and can explain it better, please spread the enlightenment.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Saganami Island Tactical Simulater   Saganami Island Tactical Simulater EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 7:13 pm

Might be fun to try it out and see how good it is
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Saganami Island Tactical Simulater   Saganami Island Tactical Simulater EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Is this the game that has the specialize little blocks to show the ship angles? If so that and the applied physics is enough to get me interested.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Saganami Island Tactical Simulater   Saganami Island Tactical Simulater EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:50 pm

Indeed it is. Phil the kador player in war machine was the one who owned the game and i think brian played it once as well. I will see if i can pick up the set somewheres
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Saganami Island Tactical Simulater   Saganami Island Tactical Simulater EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:18 pm

I remember the game, very complicated, I liked B5 better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saganami Island Tactical Simulater   Saganami Island Tactical Simulater Empty

Back to top Go down

Saganami Island Tactical Simulater
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Other Wargames-
Jump to: