A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Imperial Guard army

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Imperial Guard army   Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:08 pm

I finally got my IG battleforce box (Yea!!) and I was trying to figure out what the best layout for my army would be... This is what i have so far:

Baneblade/Hellhammer (for Apocalypse games)

40 Shock Troopers (2 sergeants, 4 special weapons, probably 2 flamers, 1 granade launcher and one plasma rifle... the 2 flamers and grenade launcher are already built)

3 heavy weapon teams (I'll have 1 that will always be a missle launcher, but two I am going to magnetize the other two so that I can put the bolter or autocannon, or lascannon on, depending on mission)

1 Chimera (multi las, heavy bolter, dozer blade, smoke launcher, search light)

1 Lamon Russ (haven't built yet, so I haven't decided on layout yet)

1 Cadian template Sentinel (w/autocannon)

1 Kasrkin Squad (11 Kasrkin, 1 w/ Multi Melta, 1 w/plasma, one sergeant, one with flamer, one with grenade launcher)

3 cadian officers

1 tank commander on foot

1 Techpriest Enginseer

So... I'm going to probably want to be able to play this seperately from my Ultramarines army for non-apocalypse games, so where should I go from here? I am probably going to use one of the cadian officers as my overall commander (or maybe even the tank commander), and use one of the other ones as a Junior officer for the Infantry. i would also need to get support squads for those guys as well. I am thinking of maybe getting another 1 or 2 chimeras, and a few more squads of shock troopers, but I'm not sure if that will get me to the 2000 pt mark that I want to get to for this army... What do you all think?

Oh, another thing I was thinking about doing was taking the specs for one of the normal IG characters and making an Ultramar commander that I make up that basically uses the same specs... That's another option as well....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imperial Guard army
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1