CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sat. March 8th

Go down 
+8
JMarv
Marc
Bojesphob
Matt
maquisapa
Steve
Evil Bob
CJ
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Alrighty.....the Tau boys n me are ready to go again....after a very successful game with Steve, and just a few minor changes, I got a great army I'm really having fun playing.
Sci-Fi City.....10am

1750 or 2k.....

bring it.

I'm good till 2
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 5:42 pm

This Saturday looks good. Normally I don't drive out to game more than once a week but can make an exception this Saturday.

If Nick has it open we'll be there. Four people are easier to figure out than three.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 6:19 pm

Ill be there again. I think I will be playing my Necrons for the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 pm

nice...I'd like to take on the Crons.....
Back to top Go down
maquisapa
Neophyte
maquisapa

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: New to the Store   Sat. March 8th EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:53 pm

I discovered the Sci Fi store quite accidently recently, and was told that there are gamers that do show up on some weekends. I would love to come to the store to get a game or two in during one of the upcoming weeks.

I am a professor at Miami University, with a wife and a young son, and so do not have much time to dedicate to playing, and may not be able to commit to playing until the last minute; my little boy gets sick or cranky, and all of my plans go to pot.

I have a sizeable Sisters of Battle force, and can play up to about 3000 points. I prefer to bring pre-made lists to play with, rather than creating new lists to fight specific opponents.

If I can show up at the store this Saturday, what size lists should I prepare? 1750 and 2000?

Do you guys care about painted or unpainted models? Most of my stuff is painted, though I do have a few that are in progress, which could affect list composition if painting matters.

Is there a need to bring along any terrain, or are there enough things there?

What time do you typically start?

What are the chances that I could just show up and get into a pickup game?

Thanks!

(PS. I get stuck in professor mode sometimes... CJ, I believe everyone has the right to free SPEECH... but perhaps I am missing the joke).
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:32 am

Welcome to the boards maquisapa.

We use this section to find games (I encourage you to post, last minute or not). People play at all different times, so you might get lucky.

Nice to have a sisters force around again, we have been missing one since our last store fell apart.

Painted/Non-painted, it's all gravy.

There is a decent amount of terrain, but nothing spectacular (especially if there are more than 2 games going). I'd say bring stuff if it is no hassle just to be safe.

Pickup games are tough to get, best to always check here first to at least gauge interest in a particular day.

Oh, and CJ's post... you'll understand once you meet his crazy self. Don't let him put you off though (there are plenty of Caggers around Wink).

PS: what do you teach?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:32 am

I might be able to make it, though, you guys wouldn't be too upset if I had to bring a few Space Marines to go with my Imperial Guard to get 2k would you? I've only got about 1k at the moment (I think, I'd have to do the math again), and would need about 1k of SM. Oh, and are you going to play Apocalypse rules or just regular? If Apoc, I'll bring my Baneblade (which will give me more points). If not, I'll just leave it at home...

Also, what time were you guys thinking about getting there?
Back to top Go down
maquisapa
Neophyte
maquisapa

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:27 am

Physical anthropology. I teach courses in human and primate evolution, as well as in primate behavior. I've spent a few years in the Amazon, as well as in Thailand studying monkeys.

I'm glad to have stumbled on what appears to be a healthy gaming community. I had a great one when I lived in New York, and have been missing it since.

I'll post even last minute if I can make it. If I can't get out this weekend, though, I'll definitely find time next weekend (spring break at Miami U) to get out there.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:32 am

Welcome maquisapa !

Glad to have you on board. I have 4 little one myself and I tend to only get games when there are functions out of state or when guys can make it to my digs.

Any pics of your force to share? Is it pure Sisters?

I'll be the first to thank you that your posts did not make my eyes hurt..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:59 am

Welcome professor! Good to have you on the boards. I'd love to get a game in sometime with your sisters of battle. I'd recommend watching the make a date section and seeing if there are an odd number of people coming so it is easy to get there and match up to playing. It gets frustrating when you show up and have to stand around for hours waiting to get a game in.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Quote :
I'm glad to have stumbled on what appears to be a healthy gaming community

Glad to have you here.

As Marc said, it's nice to have yet one more person who understands using the 'enter' button and doesn't spell every other word wrong.

Ok enough dogging on other members... we love you all Smile
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 12:41 pm

waht aer yuo tlnakig auobt we witre jsut fnie! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 pm

Welcome Maquisapa.

Hopefully CJ and I will be there most Saturdays. Last Saturday was the first, hopefully we can keep it going. Jon and Ryan do you plan on trying to make it regularly?

It would be a good idea to come with a 1750 and 2000 point list, most of us like one of those point levels. Im sure you can arrange for any point level.

What part of New York did you move from? I have a couple of friends from the Newport area I believe, on the outskirts of NY city.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:21 pm

Greetings Maquisapa. Matt pretty much nailed it, use this site to plan for games.

There are others in the Oxford area who play 40K. Although we are a scattered and fractious people. At Miami there used to be the Strategy Gaming Club.

Myself and Nick have large armies as well. I know Nick and pull 6K easy. If I split my Imperial Guard as infantry and armored companies getting over 10K isn't an issue. If you know of anyone with the space getting in an Apokolypse senario would be nice. Neither of our places have any freaking space.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Saturday is now clear to game. If I can get going by 9am with picking up Nick should mean getting there by 10am. Here is to hoping.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:01 pm

i should be able to make it up every weekend spring quarter.

well.. hopefully. sometimes i have too much work.

but yeah.. i will be a regular. saturdays or sundays? whats better? i prefer saturdays b/c i like sunday to work/relax.

welcome maquisapa!
Back to top Go down
maquisapa
Neophyte
maquisapa

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Wow! Thanks all for the enthusiastic welcome!

I do indeed have some photos of my army. I'll just have to work out (soon) where and how to get them posted. I'm a regular (though a lurker more often than not) on 40konline, and have some of my stuff in their photoalbums.

Sisters aren't my only army; When I first got into 40k, I was an Ulthwe player. I still have LOTS of Ulthwe models. The problem is that money is tight, so I don't yet have the newest eldar codex. Also, as this was my first army, my painting skills weren't what they are now. In an ideal universe, I would love to rebuild and repaint the army. Reality suggests that I'll have to wait a few years to do that.

I also have some remnants of a painted Brazen Claws army, though I've parasitized the rhinos for my SoB force. I'd sell it if I thought that anyone wanted it. Or I could always use it to bolster my SoB force in an Apoc. game (though I don't have those rules, either).

When I lived in New York (graduate school at Stony Brook), I lived out on Long Island. We had a local store with a fantastic owner who let us play till 3:00 or 4:00 am on weekends. That shut down not long after I went off to Thailand, though. I miss those days.

I've heard about the gaming club at Miami University, but it appeared to me as though they were into lots of different types of games, and not so much into 40k. They used to meet in my building, in fact. I suppose I should have actively pursued them when I had the chance.

In about 2 weeks, I will be moving into a new home here in Oxford. My wife has allowed me to have a chunk of the semi-finished basement to store (hide?) my 40k stuff. I hope to build a table, eventually. If I can get that off the ground, I'll let you all know. Perhaps people who are close to here wouldn't mind getting together in the evening.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:12 pm

wow I've been slackin....lol

Hiya maquisapa!!! Welcome to our lil home on the web!!! To answer your question....My right to free speech kicks in when Matt puts on his "I am God" shoes and goes psycho......so I throw more fuel onto the blaze...LOL. Matt know I love em like a brotha and just do it cuz it's fun. My newest target is Bruce....mwhahahahhaahahah.

As for game time? Saturdays before 2pm are always perfect for me....

HOWEVER....If anyone is paying attention to the weather....we could see a nasty Saturday......this saturday maybe assembly day for me putting my BA vehicles together.

Also....I'm the army slut around here....I buy and build an army...play it once or twice and sell it off...LOL. It's my part to keep the economy in full swing. These guys just don't get it...LOL

I'm now back to Tau....and have currently just over 2k worth and going to keep building it up. I also just got into Blood Angels and am looking very forward to playtesting a decent list I had the guys here help me put together.

Let me know when you want to game. I got a board too...well...it's at Dan's. But I have one!LOL
Back to top Go down
maquisapa
Neophyte
maquisapa

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 pm

CJ - I was just teasing that your tagline was misspelled. But I suppose everyone has the right to free spelling, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:39 pm

maquisapa wrote:
Sisters aren't my only army; When I first got into 40k, I was an Ulthwe player. I still have LOTS of Ulthwe models. The problem is that money is tight, so I don't yet have the newest eldar codex. Also, as this was my first army, my painting skills weren't what they are now. In an ideal universe, I would love to rebuild and repaint the army. Reality suggests that I'll have to wait a few years to do that.
The nice thing about Apokolypse is that you can mix-match armies. As long as the match ups makes sense the normal force organization chart means nothing. So the more the merrier. If you need to see an Eldar Codex I have a copy.
maquisapa wrote:
When I lived in New York (graduate school at Stony Brook), I lived out on Long Island.
My Mom has a Masters Degree from Stony Brook.
maquisapa wrote:
We had a local store with a fantastic owner who let us play till 3:00 or 4:00 am on weekends. That shut down not long after I went off to Thailand, though. I miss those days.
We have had stores like that in this area. At Cincinnati Scifi we would play 40K or WFB until 2am or 3am, when I worked there used to run Warhammer Quest from Sunday evening until Monday sunrise.

Tom or Darren at The World of Hobbies and games would sometimes stay late. We played an all night mega-battle with WFB.

Both of those stores being rather dead now.

Scifi City cannot stay open late without paying for rent-a-cops. Being in a mall is good for buisness, lousy for players. Yottaquest can stay open later and often will let people hang around but generally people are expected to be out by a certain time.
maquisapa wrote:
In about 2 weeks, I will be moving into a new home here in Oxford. My wife has allowed me to have a chunk of the semi-finished basement to store (hide?) my 40k stuff. I hope to build a table, eventually. If I can get that off the ground, I'll let you all know. Perhaps people who are close to here wouldn't mind getting together in the evening.
Gaming in this area has always been odd. There are basically two groups. Tight-Enclaves that primarily RPG amongst themselves and Road-Roamers who end up driving to far away stores and/or hitting conventions.

What really gets me is there are plenty of people around here who game. Individuals who have dabbled and whatnot. Students who gamed back home. I've met a number of these people around here and trying to organize anything is like herding cats.

Oxford has had a couple stores over the years. Unfortunately the population base isn't big enough to keep one going.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:50 pm

it's not mispelled....lol.....you mad eme look.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:00 am

Yea I keep hearing that the storm starting on friday, might be the worst of the winter. I have to say though Cincinnati has been good at keep the roads clear, compared to back in Virginia. Just have to see when friday comes what everyone is thinking.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 am

CJ... you just keeping coming out with more and more hilarious comments.

Speech brother, speech.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:25 am

LOL.... brilliant CJ, just brilliant! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:45 am

I know that.....that's what makes the entire thing funny.....I spelled that that way on purpose and after all this time, it takes a professor to point it out......how sad is that? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sat. March 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat. March 8th   Sat. March 8th Empty

Back to top Go down

Sat. March 8th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next