CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you paint dwarves?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

How do you paint dwarves? Empty
PostSubject: How do you paint dwarves?   How do you paint dwarves? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:34 am

Not sure if anyone here has direct experience, but I was wondering as to the best way to go about painting my little stunties. I've noticed that when the arms are attached they pretty much block a large chunk of the torso. This makes me want to paint the arms and body separately and then attach them. In this situation, how do you go about priming the body? Mask the arm sockets? Hand paint the primer? Just spray away and not care about gluing to paint? scrap the primer out of the arm sockets?
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: How do you paint dwarves?   How do you paint dwarves? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:25 am

With the Skull for pass set, I didnt find this to be a problem, but when I built my Warrios box set, this then became issue.

I just reached as far inside as possible. The black primor I use took care of this for me. It almost resembeld a shading, if you will.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: How do you paint dwarves?   How do you paint dwarves? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 am

yeah i basically do what sigma says on minis like that. paint as much as you can and then let the black primer act as shadows.
Back to top Go down
Gotrex
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: How do you paint dwarves?   How do you paint dwarves? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 10:49 pm

There is a very nice product out called Kellsmagic sauce.(the warstore carries it) I like the way it works and can give the fig a kinda sooty quality which I think fits well with dwarfs. But I have only painted a few.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: How do you paint dwarves?   How do you paint dwarves? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Gotrex wrote:
There is a very nice product out called Kellsmagic sauce.(the warstore carries it) I like the way it works and can give the fig a kinda sooty quality which I think fits well with dwarfs. But I have only painted a few.

What does the sauce do to the fig?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you paint dwarves?   How do you paint dwarves? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you paint dwarves?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: