CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed

Go down 
+5
Makari
Marc
JMarv
Crobar
FrostWolf
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Ok so the story line as follows(again stealing off my friends idea just makes it easier) we(the teams) have just landed on a brand new contienet isolated and filled with rich veins of many ore including warpstone. Each team is made up of unlikey(and some likely) allies who are seeking riches and glory in new land, some fleeing the past, some the law.

So here is Mine
Wolf-Bark is fleeing from skavenblight after his teacher a grey seer was killed for teaching Wolf-Bark how to see the winds of magic without the normal equipment required my a warlock engineer, he contiunes to wear the equipment to hide the fact he was to become a grey seer if his teacher had not been killed by other grey seers

have fun makeing your own up(any segustions on mine is welcome)
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 8:28 pm

Ok so after talking to crobar some and listeing to his thoughts I modifed the rules some on gold cost and the requiements for buildigns, also made it harder to get lords.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:00 am

So to be exact I changed/added the following. Each army may only have 1 of each of the magical items. Made the tavern/wizard tower/specail encampment 100 more gold, in order to incourge the buying of core troops, You must have the building level below the one you wish to build in order to build it, Also set the exact amounts for upgradeing a city/capital to the next level and starting cities.

So here is my other question, do people want more option for the cities for example: walls, towers, defences that type of stuff? or perment militia(cores) that could never leave that city?
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:57 pm

This campaign is at Hobbytown isn't it? With gas over $3 a gallon unless they stay open late and we get in multiple turns each day odds are I won't be showing up.

With low points it is possible to keep things moving. But it may require an iron hand. What day and how many hours that day would we be playing?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Ok the day will be saturday it looks like, and we havent set a place yet but what i figured was start around noon or 1pm that way we have 8 or 9 hours(if at hobbytown since they close at 9) to play, and it look like we may manage to get 2 turns maybe less depends on how big the battles get after a while and how fast people can move
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:09 pm

FrostWolf wrote:
Ok the day will be saturday it looks like.. start around noon or 1pm..

Count me out then, but have fun guys.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Sorry guys same here for me being out Saturdays for me too...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:44 pm

And so starts the problems, the problem is there is no good day to do it on Sad saturday looks like the day were we can get most of the people
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 10:13 pm

I have a suggestion that has failed in the past, but who knows. Find a day that everyone can get together for a few hours to move around the board and if they have a fight, give them the week to schedule it with their opponent. I for one am willing to drive to either Sci Fi or Hobbytown for it.
I can meet at Sci Fi on sundays for the time being, but once Eric gets back in town I will be playing his game till 5:00pm.
Another option would be to have someone gm it and run the map phase through emails and notify people when they have run into another player so they can schedule their battle during the week. For this option and the one above, we would need to set a deadline on when the battle needs to be finished and the results written down or emailed to the gm depending on the option used.
Finally, if we want to keep it smaller, it looks like Bob can play Saturdays if we meet at Sci Fi, I am willing to give someone a ride there but I prefer that they meet me at my condo and go from there. PM me id that is the case and I will send you directions and my cell number in case you can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Alright actually I really like the idea of a GM and running it like that. I would rather play but if I can be of help by GMing i'm up for it. I was kind of thinking something very similar. It has been years and I put some emails out, to some old friends, there used to be a GM website that we used for our campaigns and what not that allowed people to keep their stats and see their own progression online and when they had time during the week they would just go in make their turn and by a certain time frame the GM would give a warning that moves need to be completed usually three days. Then the following day the battles would be posted of who needed to play usually with in a four day period.
This worked really well with the "teamed" sides.
It's possible and I would be willing to set 2 boards up of identical maps (from my 2 box sets of old mighty empires) and keep them at 2 different locations, perhaps scifi city, and one closer to me near Milford. The Maps will be updated by the end of the week. The online thing if I can find it will be up too! The online map was crude but looked like mighty empires tiles.
But if I am to GM I like the rules set forth but I would definitely wanna tweak some rules. Which i wanna discuss with people obviously...
ANy thoughts?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:06 pm

I like the idea of a GM(thought of a online map move idea, but threw it out as I didnt think I would be able to get it to work) and by doing this it allowing us as a group to get more people playing(each side sets people to fight based off dates aviable) this would solve a lot of the problems, The problem with smaller games is less people per team/ smaller board which can cause a lot of problems, which can kill a campaign. By doing it online would require us to have team leaders is the only problem I can see( or said team meeting somewere maybe on the weekend to make plans/build their armies to add during the turn and such). The only other possilbe fix is for the team leader(just stating options now) to allocate so many points to each memeber to either add to their excisting army or start a new army with(which they would then tell the leader who would tell the GM who would add to the board and so on). Also to point out I know there can be problems with people useing loop holes in the rules, I know this but I have excepted that fact when I wrote the rules that I trust people not to do that(reason why the banners are good for genreal warhammer are for people who would use said loopholes)
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 pm

I can get to Hobbytown, for an active campaign all the better. It's just rough on my aging car and I still do not know the new location yet.

As far as battles goes. At that low points we are looking at 4x4, unless we can expect forces hitting 1K soon. Even 1K battles will end fast. So the only ting to slow us down might be the economic phase.

If there is going to be online juggling I have webspace and can easily edit and ftp visible information. Did that for the last big map campaign at WoHaGs so that people could see their territory and plan for the next week.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:40 pm

Well I know At least me and crobar have had a number of 2k battles and those have lasted less than 3 hours(with my skaven either dead or off the board....though I did win 2 500 point games and they took 30 minutes max I think). The new loactation isnt hard to find. That would be great for the website iif that part of the plan goes through, for the 1st day we should try to get as many people together in the same place for a kick off of the campaign and to speed up the 1st dozen + turns we might need to get somewere. Which brings up another point we need the map to be even for each side and with some space, From the campaign I played it was won due to 2 players haveing more space bewteen them and the rest of the players, than the other players had between themselves
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:22 pm

The beauty of a hex map is being able to set the starting locations easily. One option is rather than dice off for picking where we start instead we can randomize it by drawing for the locations.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:23 pm

That would be a option but stil requires my point of as many of the people as possible meeting one day to kick off the game Razz which isnt a bad idea at all really
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:14 pm

Wasn't contesting the en-mass getting together part. Actually not disagreeing on any of it.

My only thought is how to get his group to fit together. If weekends are so bad is there a weekday holiday coming up? As you say one good push on a day and the rest can be done by dedicated scheduling.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: long post   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:36 pm

I wrote a node campaign once that had a tile randomizer, perhap some of that would be useful?:

You were leading a Warband on a scouting expedition when a vision hit you from the forces that be, (gods for most players). The vision said you are their representative to prove that your race our faction of a race is superior to all others. The Dark Elves issued the greatest challenge claiming they needed no help from any one and chose to defend the prize. The prize is a gate back home which is in the center of the island and heavily guarded by Dark Elves in a great Fortress. If you should achieve this, your character will make history as a Blessed, The only other way to prove your superiority and win for your god/goddess (or whatever forces you worship), is to completely wipe out all other opposition. When you came out of the vision, you found yourself and your Warband on a beach you have never seen. At your feet is an item of great power, it allows you to see the movements of all your enemies except the Dark Elves

What you can spend your points on.

Improving the node: cost: cost five times the total points to be improved by and cannot exceed twice the original value.
Example: if your current value is 200, it will cost 1000 points to improve it to 400.

Build an outpost: 100 points.
Needed to claim a node and gain the benefits form it, including income.

Fortify the node: No building can produce the turn it is built.
Build a barracks: 100 points.
Needed for replenishing troops and buying new troops.
Build Officers Quarters: 200 points
Needed to promote a model.
Build an armory: 200 points
Needed to buy additional gear for models and units.
Build a special site: 300 points.
Needed to buy racial specials for heroes, wizards and lords. The type of site will vary by race.
Build a Wizards Tower: 500 points for level1, and additional 1000 points for level 2, an additional 2000 points for level 3 and an additional 4000 points for level 4.
Needed to build and promote Wizards.
Build a barricade: 100 points for every 12 inches of obstacle on the battlefield.
Build a Watch Tower: 500 points.
Build a castle: 5000 points.
Build a road: 100 points for open, 200 points for rough, and 300 points for difficult.
Build a Bridge: 500 points.
Needed to build a road across a river.

Replenish lost troops: cost is equal to the cost of the unit.
Example: In the last battle, the Wood Elves lost 3 Dryads from their unit of 10; it would cost 36 points to bring it back to full.

Buy new troops: cost is the list cost in the army list for the unit. You can add more models to an existing unit or buy a new unit. All rules for the army list apply with a max army size equal to what the node can support. If you cannot put together a legal army, it most be broken up into Warbands of 500 points max. Warbands can be combined for free if the starts the turn in the same node but lose their movement for the turn if they do. They can also be split into smaller armies or warbands following the rules for armies/warbands, but must stay in the same node for one turn. This can only be done in a node with a barracks i
Example: the Wood Elf player wants to add a unit of Dryads to his army, the minimum unit size is 10, so he would have to spend 120 points to build the base unit.

Promote a model: you can promote a model up a rank by spending twice the point difference in cost. Regular troops can be promoted to champions, champions to heroes and heroes to lords. Wizards need to be purchased at hero level at double their point cost and must be purchased at level one. They require a Wizards Tower in the node at the same level as the level they are to be promoted to. Before they can be promoted to lord level, they must be promoted to level 2 at double the point cost. Limitations in the army list still apply as to the limit of champs, heroes, lords you can have. Magic items cannot be purchased except on your starting location; racial specials and additional gear allowed by the army list must be purchased separately. The model must be in a node with an Officers Quarters in it.
Example: the Wood Elf player wants to promote a Dryad to a Branch Nymph, (Dryad champion). He will pay 24 points to promote them, (in the army list for Wood Elves, it cost 12 points to upgrade a Dryad to a Branch Nymph). Later, he wants to promote the Branch Nymph to a Branchwraith, (Dryad Hero). He will pay 62 points, (in the Wood Elf army list, Branchwraiths cost 65 points, 65 – 24 is 31 x 2 = 62).

Buy additional gear for a unit or hero/lord: Magic items cannot be purchased except on your starting location unless you have found a node that allows it. Racial specials and additional equipment can be purchased at regular cost. Limitations still apply according to the army list

Movement

The nodes will all have a difficulty rating for travel. To determine map movement rate, divide the models/units movement rate by the difficulty of the terrain. The result is the number of nodes that model/unit can move per turn. You must spend 1 turn in a node and build an outpost to claim it and only 500 point Warbands or large can claim a node. All Models are considered to be marching, but only their base movement counts for map movement.
Open/plains: 5
Rough/light woods: 10
Difficult/dense woods: 15
Impassable: cannot be crossed except by flyers, (some races can still enter as difficult such as Dwarves through high mountains).
Rivers are considered impassable unless a bridge is built except by lizardmen.
Road: doubles movement of all units.
Flyers treat all terrain as open and do not benefit from roads.
An army or Warband only moves as fast as its slowest model/unit.

Terrain Tables
Open Rough Hills

high mountains 3 overgrown ancient forest 3 swamp 3
low mountains 4 high mountains 4 marsh 4
hills 5 low mountains 5 open 5
rough 6-7 hills 6-7 rough 6-7
open 8-11 rough 8-11 hills 8-11
marsh 12-13 open 12-13 low mountains 12-13
swamp 14 marsh 14 high mountains 14
lake 15 swamp 15 overgrown ancient forest 15
light woods 16 lake 16 dense forest 16
dense forest 17 light woods 17 light woods 17
overgrown ancient forest 18 dense forest 18 lake 18

Low Mountains High Mountains Overgrown Ancient Forest
light woods 3 open 3 rough 3
dense forest 4 rough 4 hills 4
overgrown ancient forest 5 hills 5 low mountains 5
high mountains 6-7 low mountains 6-7 high mountains 6-7
Low Mountains 8-11 high mountains 8-11 overgrown ancient forest 8-11
hills 12-13 overgrown ancient forest 12-13 dense forest 12-13
rough 14 dense forest 14 light woods 14
open 15 light woods 15 lake 15
marsh 16 lake 16 swamp 16
swamp 17 swamp 17 marsh 17
lake 18 marsh 18 open 18

Dense Forest Light Woods Lake
hills 3 low mountains 3 high mountains 3
low mountains 4 high mountains 4 overgrown ancient forest 4
high mountains 5 overgrown ancient forest 5 dense forest 5
overgrown ancient forest 6-7 dense forest 6-7 light woods 6-7
dense forest 8-11 light woods 8-11 lake 8-11
light woods 12-13 lake 12-13 swamp 12-13
lake 14 swamp 14 marsh 14
swamp 15 marsh 15 open 15
marsh 16 open 16 rough 16
open 17 rough 17 hills 17
rough 18 hills 18 low mountains 18

Swamp Marsh
overgrown ancient forest 3 dense forest 3
dense forest 4 light woods 4
light woods 5 lake 5
lake 6-7 swamp 6-7
swamp 8-11 marsh 8-11
marsh 12-13 open 12-13
open 14 rough 14
rough 15 hills 15
hills 16 low mountains 16
low mountains 17 high mountains 17
high mountains 18 overgrown ancient forest 18

Node Specials

Enchanters' Tower 3 can create magic items here if controlled
Extra Victory points 4-5 The node is worth twice its value in victory points
Fortified Settlement 6-7 the village has walls already
Nothing Special 8-13
Great Support 14-15 can support twice the nodes value in army points 2000 max
Dark Elf Patrol 16-18 Dark Elf Army/Warband encountered Same points as the player
Lost Treasure 18

The Lost Treasure is rolled on a d6. on a 6, it is production points equal to 100 times the roll of a d6. All other rolls are a magic item of the players choice equal to 10 points times the number rolled. The usual army list limitations apply for who can equip it.

Attrition

A node can only support twice its value in army points with a minimum of 500 support. Larger armies can move through these nodes, but they lose 50% of the total points over what the node can support rounded up to the nearest model cost with a minimum of one model lost. As an example, a Wood Elf Warband with a point value of 520 moves into a node that produces 100 points. 100 x 2 = 200. Since the minimum support in a node is 500, the Wood Elf Warband is over support by 20 points, so must lose 10 points in models. The minimum attrition is one model, so the Wood Elf Warband will lose 1 model, (the cheapest Wood Elf model is 12) to meet the minimum.

Fighting battles

Fighting battles will be done per the Warhammer rules when both parties can agree to a time and date to fight the battle. I do not have to be present. If both parties cannot agree on a time and date, the results and casualties will be determined randomly based on the difference in point values of the armies, racial specials and terrain modifiers. Win or lose, whatever you have left at the end of the battle is what you start the next turn with. Models/units that flee the board will come back at 80% of what they had left when they got off the board rounded down. So if 5 models remained when they fled off the board, only 4 will return for the next campaign turn. The loser is forced to retreat to the node the entered from. If you enter a node and wish to retreat before a battle, you can attempt to do so. If the enemy Army/Warband chooses to pursue roll a d6, on a 4+, you escape with no losses. If a 3 or less is rolled, you must fight and the enemy automatically wins all rolls for setting up the battlefield and chooses who goes first. Remember, in this campaign, the fights will not be fair most of the time.
If a hero or lord is killed in the battle, they are dead and your opponent can pick up a use whatever magic items your hero or lord was carrying if their race permits it. If they cannot use the magic item, they can turn it in at any node that can make magic items to gain half its value in points. If a hero or lord is forced to flee off the board, roll a d6, if the roll is less than their remaining wounds, they live through it. Lords always subtract 1 from this die roll. If the hero or lord dies fleeing, your opponent can retrieve the magic items they were carrying on a roll of 4 or greater on a d6. If not, they are lost and cannot be recovered by anyone.

Scouting Warbands

Scouting Warbands do not have to follow the normal rules for building a warband and cannot be larger than 500 points. They fall into 2 categories: Flying scouts and foot scouts. Flying scouts must consist solely of flying models/units. Foot scouts must consist solely of models/units designated as scouts in the army list. Scouting Warbands cannot claim nodes. Foot Scouts can perform raids and are the only units that do not automatically encounter the enemy when they enter a node the enemy is in. They are only seen if the Scouting Warband player rolls a 1 on a d6 or a 3 or less if the enemy has scouts in the army/warband encountered. Flying Scouts can perform raids but are seen if encountering an enemy army/warband in the same node on a roll of 3 or less on a d6. They are always seen if the enemy army/warband has flyers. Even if seen, they cannot be engaged unless they are raiding or the enemy has flyers in their army/warband.

Diplomacy

You cannot form alliances or share information with another player unless you have discovered them on the map. Good races cannot ally with evil races, they can have trade agreements, tribute and non-aggression pacts between them however. Nothing is binding and can be ended anytime either player wishes to. No one can have any treaty with the Dark Elves. These Dark Elves hate everyone and will die before they pay tribute to anyone. Allies and those with non-aggression pacts can freely travel through each others area. If however, your armies/warbands end in the same node, both sides decide at that time if they will honor the treaty.
To form a trade alliance, you must be able to trace a road from your capital to your allies’ capital. Trade caravans will have their own banner and can have troops assigned to them for protection. They move at rate of 5 and produce points when they return to the player’s capital equal to 100 x the number rolled on a d6. Caravans cost 100 points plus the cost of troops you wish to add to the banner for protection. Trade caravans can be raided and are destroyed if defeated. The raiding player gets 50 points times the roll on a d6 if the raided a caravan is on the return trip. If the caravan is raided, it is an automatic engagement, only the raiding player has the option to retreat.
You can send tribute/aid to another player you have discovered. You must create a trade caravan, but they do not have to follow the road. If a trade caravan bearing tribute/aid is raided, the raiding unit can take the tribute/aid if they win the encounter. The raiding player cannot use the tribute/aid until the raiding warband moves to an outpost owned by the raiding player. If the raiding warband is defeated before they get there, the defeating army/warband can claim the tribute/aid and try to get it to one of their outposts.

Winning the campaign

If a players chooses to quit the campaign, his territory stays as is and all treaties are forfeit, including trade agreements and tribute aid. The campaign ends when enough people quit that those that remain decide that there are too few remaining to play or when one third of the original players have left, whichever comes first. The winner will be the player with the most points at the end of the last turn. Total the points all nodes, some nodes will have bonus points. There is a great Dark Elf Fortress in the middle of the map. It is guarded by a 2000 point Dark Elf army with at least one special character defending a castle. This will be a siege if someone attempts to conquer it. It is worth 2000 points and cannot be improved. The person who takes it finds the portal home and wins the game.
Example: the Wood Elf player has 4 nodes worth, 200, 500, 300 and 600. One of his nodes has a 50 point victory bonus. His total is 1650.

Node starting values

Your home node always starts at 1000. As nodes are explored, roll a d6 and consult the table below:
1: 100 points
2: 200 points
3: 400 points
4: 600 points
5: 800 points
6: 1000 points

Turn Sequence

Move
Battle
Spend points

NOTES

This campaign is based on victory conditions to win or capture the Dark Elf Fortress. It is designed so that the players as a whole can end it at anytime. The map can and will change based on what the players decide the map conditions should be, below is just an example map with suggested perimeters.

The map will change with the number of participants, the center node will always be at least 4 nodes from everyone and all players will start at least 4 nodes apart.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:36 pm

The above is most of it, I had to trim it to fit it in the forums. I hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 2:27 pm

well next week is spring break and Im not going anywere.....might be able to go somwere if we got it set up that soon. The diplomacy idea is nice could be intersting to see how it could work in a setup like we have.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:33 pm

In case you didn't figure it out on your own, the Dark Elves where everyones enemy in the campaign, an NPC army played by whoever was available to fight when they were encountered. So ignore any references to them.

Another note, my tables did not transfer well, I will print a copy and put it with my warhammer stuff to bring with me Thursday and Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 4:58 pm

here is another attempt at cleaner terrain tables but it did not work, so I deleted it, I will bring a copy on a flash drive and printed Thursday and Saturday if I can remember.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 5:21 pm

It seems like you guys have your stuff ready to go but if you needed or wanted to look at my rules set and map tools I am almost done compiling them. Just waiting for a few straggling items to be emailed to me from friends.

If anyone is curious I'll post front page stuff here, if not thats cool.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 5:30 pm

feel free we might find some stuff we can/want to include to add to the campaign
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Please keep in mind this campaign is intended for use with a GM, preferably a math orientated person... But I have and will do it.
The details are being pieced to gether from others still that I played with.

Warhammer Fantasy Campaign Rules
Can/not Castle Shrine Barracks Training Grnds Landmark
Have (Lords) (Heroes) (Troops) (Special) (Rare)
Capital O O O O O
City X O O O O
Town X O O X X
Village X X O X X
Fort X X O O X
Outpost X X X X X
Cost 500Gp 250Gp 200Gp 250Gp 400Gp
CTB=Cost to buy, Revenue Per year, MFL=Max force limit, TFL=Tile Force Limit
CTB RPY MFL TFL Guard Force
Cptl - 500 +1000 3000 500
City 1000Gp 250 +500 2500 250
Town 600Gp 150 +300 1500 100
Village 400Gp 100 +200 800 -
Fort 400Gp -100 +200 2000 100
Outpost 200Gp -50 +100 1000 50

Yearly upkeep = 25% cost of entire army, if unable to pay: subtract what you do pay from what has to be paid multiplied by 1.5 and lose that many points in your army due to desertion.
1 movement per turn, 3 Turns per Year. Movement Cost = 10% cost of banner to move.
Scout Tile can only be done with a scouting force(free) or a banner with a scouting unit in it (10% of banner).
Attack happens when 2 or more banners occupy the same tile.
Magic Items are acquired after a game of Warhammer quest(optional), keeping one of each type of Item found then converted.
Special Characters are allowed if 3 or more cities are built.
Capture a tile by not moving or scouting for 1 turn with a banner of 500points or more in an unoccupied Tile.
Build a road = 10Gp from 1 tile to adjacent tile, Road = no Movement cost.
Max size of army is determined by number of settlements you control.
River tiles count as a road if a boat is purchased for banner, boat cost = 20% of banner, is not destoyed if left in tile, may be captured.
Settlement may be built in claimed tile with settler/worker. Settler/worker cost equals 1 minimum sized core troop for the race.
Settlers/workers can defend, Build Roads, Build Settlements, Build Boats. Never count towards a Banner, they are their own banner. That cannot attack or claim tiles
Scout a tile Roll a D66 and refer to Tile Search Table:
Each Beginning of the Year Roll a D66 and Refer to Events Table:
May sell Mercenaries (Core Troops Only) to opponents and receive 20% units cost in payment each year, May void contract at the end of each year.
When attacking settlements: Attacker always goes first, But defender get a free volley of shots before first turn, sets up last, and lays out terrain per terrain layout rules.
More rules to come took a long time to clean up for the forum, Have it in an excel File.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Grrrr stupid not staying the way it looks when you type it in....

sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed   Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy campaign- Rules posted- start date needed
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next