CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vampire Counts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:58 am

Ive been lurking the several Game stores, buying up what I can afford for the new Vampire Counts. But my delima is, when are the Characters due for release?

Im also looking for Blood Nights. I seen two small blister packs of them at the store ($$$), is this the old version, or the new. I wouldnt amagine blisters would be out so soon though....

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 2:50 pm

I think they are old BK.

Be prepared to shell out for them though ($75 for 5).

To be honest, while great, they need another unit to screen as they can be kited by a smart player depending on the army composition and the way you enemy plays.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 5:06 pm

How about running 2 units of Dire Wolves. Like the book says, run them up the flanks of the whole army. They are really fast, and can tie up most other units.

Im new to the game, but from the stats and the main rules, they should be good at doing just this.

Your right, One of the old blister packs was $23.00, for two. Yikes!!!

Nobody said it was going to be cheap.

The Dire Wolves go together really nice, and have these cool little exposed rib cages you can add to the flangy, hanging, and dripping wet flesh.

The Vampire Armybook is layed out really nice. Its very easy to read and understand. The Vampires are way more interesting than my dwarfs. I will keep working on my dwarfs though. I was able to put together a very large army for dirt cheap.

I will not make the mistake of painting some here and there this time. My Vampires will be painted one unit at a time. I want to make sure I dont burn out and end up with a unfinished product.

I should have a 1000 point Vampire army put together as soon as all of the product is availible.

I travel to Hobbytown once a week, and they had a wide selection 2 days ago. I was able to buy the Codex at Sci-Fi, today.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Sigma Golem wrote:
I travel to Hobbytown once a week, and they had a wide selection 2 days ago. I was able to buy the Codex at Sci-Fi, today.
The only Army Book they had yesterday besides the lone book they sold was the VC Spearhead. Actually starting a new VC army that's a good buy.

With my piles of zombies, direwolves, skeletons, it would be a terrible waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Matt wrote:
I think they are old BK.
Looks like Matt beat me to the punch again. Very Happy

Those are Blood Dragon Heroes and Lord options.

Depending on the game system and the armies with which book and the figure release GW sometimes produces old figures past their most ... "useful time."

Although as anyone who's trolled many a store odd old back stock situation also happen. My favorite situation is when the naming on the blisters no longer syncs with the book names.
Matt wrote:
Be prepared to shell out for them though ($75 for 5).
Tragic. Although if these guys really are as good as they look I'm dropping $150 on them.

It has been a long time since Vampire Counts have had a good combat rank-n-file unit. They've been relaying on characters far too long.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Sigma Golem wrote:
How about running 2 units of Dire Wolves. Like the book says, run them up the flanks of the whole army. They are really fast, and can tie up most other units.
I do not know what new dynamics will be happening with the newest VC book. But I can share how this army has played in the past some of which is directly reflected above.

Direwolves were nice because if they were going to end up outside the march range they'd get one nice fast push. Or can get in a ranged charge. Nearly zero usefulness causeing casualties, I've had them flub against archer charges, STUPID ARCHERS!

What they did do was cancel ranks. Also put at odd angles so that if the enemy charges them the the foes are forces to wheel and expose their flank to your harder hitting Black Knights or large unit of zombies with a slaying vampire inside there. At the very least if the enemy has to wheel facing away from the main battle field those 50 points of undead wolves just caused that unit to spend their entire next movement turning around.

Small units of Direwolves. Not a single person I have ever seen in this area has ever gotten them to work in big units (one of them so better versed on the rules he's probably a far better tacticion than myself). Ten pooch units sort of work but can end up being a lot of points. Five or six are cheep enough to do the job.

The doom wolf requires greenstuff to fit together. The mold is old and GW never fixed the error in it.

In short these guys were used in this order: One force or encourage enemy movements; two cancel ranks; three tie up archers, warmachines, for turns; four suicidally charge dangerous units in the side for like a single turn delay.
Sigma Golem wrote:
The Dire Wolves go together really nice, and have these cool little exposed rib cages you can add to the flangy, hanging, and dripping wet flesh.
The old direwovles were just goblin rider wolf bodies and a metal head that looks more vicious.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Angry Bob wrote:
The only Army Book they had yesterday besides the lone book they sold was the VC Spearhead. Actually starting a new VC army that's a good buy.

Ya, I bought the Vampire AB at Sci-Fi, Saturday morning. I didnt see anymore, o n the shelve anyway.

Angry Bob wrote:
Although as anyone who's trolled many a store odd old back stock situation also happen. My favorite situation is when the naming on the blisters no longer syncs with the book names.

I'm seeing this alot at Hobbytown USA. They have a wide selection of blisters, and a box full of really old blisters. Ive found alot of really old Dwarfs engineer units, and others to.

They have a few unit boxes of the older version of Vampire Counts, that do not match the book anymore, but they are still useable. I think.

I still havent been to Acme looking, They always have the best selection, for myself anyways.

Angry Bob wrote:
It has been a long time since Vampire Counts have had a good combat rank-n-file unit. They've been relaying on characters far too long.

My goals are not to make a Powerful army out of nothing but Characters either. I like to use the lot, and make them all work together. From what Ive read, and once again, Im really green at this game, for now that is, but the Vampire Counts look extreamly balanced and one unit supporting the other, should work well wsith this army, while the Characters are doing their own thing as well, instead of the Characters supporting the whole lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire Counts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy General Discussion-
Jump to: