CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats Empty
PostSubject: Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats   Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 4:21 pm

OK I'm going to highlight some of the figures and the abilities here in this post.

I play the combined army and I'll focus on them. They are the only "non" human army in Infinity. The other forces all are human with varying degrees of technology.

The combined army - as per its name - combines the forces of many types of aliens to maximize its effectiveness. The Evolved Intelligence (an advanced computer intelligence created by the UR rationalists has enlisted these armies to maximize the military force of the Ur rationalist.

First up - The Morats:
Morats are highly militaristic race that never retreat. They are the Line level troops in the CA. They have an AVA of TOTAL - meaning that you take take as many of them as you wish in a force as long as you respect the rules regarding special weapons cost (SWC) and of course point structure.

Morats can be fielded w/
Combi Rifles (standard weapon in the Infinity Universe)
Combi rifles and light grenade launchers (allows speculative firing - Shooting at a target outside of Line of Sight w/ some negative modifiers.
HMG - Heavy machine gun. Better rate of fire and kill power then the Combi rifle.
Hacker - Allows advanced combat techniques. Defensive or offensive Hacking - Defensive to counter opponents hackers. Successful offensive hacking lets you take control of opponents Heavy Infanty or TAGs...even turning them against their own army.
Forw
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics12/img4735307476199.jpg
ard Observer - Can spot enemy troops to allow speculative fire to be more efficient or call in certain types of guided missle shots.
Medic - can heal wounds of fellow comrades
Lieutenant - basic force commander, required of all fielded forces. Most troop types have a Lt option.

Morats
Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats Img472da8e51e295

Morat w/ HMG
Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats Img4735307476199

Morat Hacker
Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats Img4799c3949f488

Currently there are no figures for Morat Lt, Medic, or other weapon options.
These would all be figures that can be converted or proxied.
Back to top Go down
Gotrex
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats   Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:33 pm

cool pics and a very nice description thanks very much. I look forward to playing more so I can grasp the rules better. I am currently only in possession of the Ya Jing starter box.

I prefer the Asian influence, with Pan Oceanic falling a close second.

I have no idea how they play.

With the rules suggesting a very dense terrain table, are you finding this a challenge to the pace of game play or an asset, I think the recommended table is 4x6 are you finding this to small or too large to play a good game?

By the way I liked your pic n the other post as well. Very very nice paint job.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats   Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Unless John has a steamer trunk of anime buildings in his ride I suspect in places other than the Keep the volume of terrain is the biggest issue. We had chatted about it back at Yottaquest some time ago.

When reading the rules, forums, and comparing the figures I was going to use meant getting some good urban sprawl is going to be important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats   Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:22 am

I ran a tournament in my basement for some buddies. Here are pics of the 3 tables.

1 "city table"
1 industrial table
1 Forest outpost table.

YES...you need dense tables. No more then 10 cm between terrain pieces. Otherwise you get shot to pieces. We've played on 4x4 but 300 AP on 4x4 was a bit much. 4x6 allows for less ARO and action between figures but also allows you to set up some more tactics.

Here are the table pics..... And Bob...you know I've got a trunk full of terrain. I just still need to deck some of it out.

Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats Tables005
Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats Tables006
Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats Tables004
Back to top Go down
Gotrex
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats   Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:01 am

I am lov'n the Warehouse in the upper tables and it looks like you have made some model train store owner very happy.

Very cool tables. 10 cm is much closer than I thought. I though the system was in inches, thanks for the first of many clarifications I will need to learn the game.

I like the heavy terrain myself. I have not seen very many places that are as spartan as many player like there tables, more terrain is better Very Happy

I also liked the adaption from not total urban, but a rural industrial site, how does the rules look at fencing?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats   Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Nice terrain John!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats   Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:02 pm

jgemrich wrote:
Here are the table pics..... And Bob...you know I've got a trunk full of terrain. I just still need to deck some of it out.
Don't you carry a selection around in large tupper ware containers? Was just kidd'n ya before.

Just love the use of circuit boxes. Those things are great for just about anything. Used mine for CAV hangers and factory.

My goal would be something from a "future" vision ala 1980's introspectice. Packaged inside a filing box or three.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats   Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats Empty

Back to top Go down

Infinity Troops - Morat Supremecy - Morats
Page 1 of 1