CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speed Freaks vs White Scars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Speed Freaks vs White Scars Empty
PostSubject: Speed Freaks vs White Scars   Speed Freaks vs White Scars EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 9:13 am

Sean brought his Waagh Vroom over for a match against my bikers. We rolled up Take & Hold and had the following 1750pt armies...

Waagh Vroom
Wazdakka

10 Kommandos
Snikrot

10 Nob Warbikers Warbike, Big Choppas,Cybork Body, 1 Pklaw
Painboy Grot orderly, Warbike,Cybork Body

10 Tankbustas

12 Ork Boyz Shootas, 1 Rokkit Launcha
Trukk Red, Armour Plates

12 Ork Boyz Shootas, 1 Rokkit Launcha
Trukk Red, Armour Plates

12 Ork Boyz Sluggas and Choppas
Trukk Red, Armour Plates

Trukk Red, Armour Plates

Trukk Red, Armour Plates

White Scars
Khubilai [Samael] Jetbike

Bikes [6] MG [2] Attack Bike [MM] Sgt [PF]
Bikes [6] MG [2] Attack Bike [MM] Sgt [PF]
Bikes [6] MG [2] Attack Bike [MM] Sgt [PF] Apoth
Bikes [3] FLM [2]

Land Speeder [HB, AC]
Land Speeder [HB, AC]
Assault Marines [10] Sgt [PF]

White Scars Turn 1

So with all the Trukks out in the open I pushed my Attack Bikes into position to do some damage. I remembered to keep the Assault squad close to the bikes and moved my Flamer squad behind cover until there were Orks on foot to toast. The big Nob squad looked scary/expensive so I poured some Tornado fire in there. Between cover saves/cybork and Feel No Pain I managed to just place a single wound on a Nob. Two MultiMeltas missed yet the third hit home and a Trukk went flying [some chart in the Ork Codex has Trukks doing all sorts of flips and rolls] and 2 Orks died in the scene. Khubilai was able to paste 2 more Orks from the squad.

Orks Turn 1

The Orks moved up and two units bailed out. The Big Shootas from the Trukks were able to shoot up and wound an Attack Bike. While all other Ork shooting either missed or was saved. The wrecked Boyz unit charged their Attack Bike which sees an Ork die but they hold. The Biker Nobs charged the second Attack Bike and Big Choppa it so death. A unit of Choppas charge a bike unit where a biker goes down to two Orks but the Orks hold. Another charges the wounded Attack Bike which dies after killing an Ork.

White Scars Turn 2

Both Tornado Speeders move to pepper remaing filled Trukks as to avoid the 10 Rokkit Tankbustas. They do nothing. So what the hell then.. better to charge than be charged, right? I swing the kitchen sink around for a big old assault on the Nobs. I open up with the Assault Marines, Khubilai and a Bike squad all into the Nobs. Nothing. All units charge in and Khubilai goes on to fluff his attacks. Taking note the Assault Marines fluff theirs as well. The bikers do wound a Nob. Swinging back sees the Nobs kill 3 Bikers and 2 Assault Marines. My two Power Fists manage only to take down a single Nob. Brilliant. My only chance to avoid FNP and I fail. I hold.

Other combat sees a Bike squad charge in to help the bogged Attack bike against the Choppas. There are five Ork deaths and the unit buggers off. The center Choppas versus Bikes sees a bike go down. My PF fluffs here as well.

Ork Turn 2

Snikrot appears along the edge where the Choppa squad ran off and the Attack Bike and Bike squad consolidated. Wazdakka gets into the mix and TurboBoosted then shot my Flamer unit Sgt. Didn't know he could do that. Yikes. So the Kommandos and Snikrot fail at shooting so charge in and kill a biker. In return 3 Kommandos die. They hold. The center bikes versus Orks sees 3 bikes go down to just one Ork. My PF fluffs yet again grumble grumble.

The big center combat with the Nobs was joined by a fresh unit of Shootas and another Choppa unit. Both charge at the bike squad and wipe it out. They consolidate a whole 1" leaving them in the open. Khubilai hits but fails to wound with his pedestrian Strength 4 attacks. The Nobs only manage to kill 2 Assault Marine. My last PF does squish a Nob. Assault Marines hold.

White Scar Turn 3

So with all the Orks out of Trukks my Tornados swing around out of Tankbusta range and open up on the Shoota and Choppa squad sitting outside the center combat and go about killing 4 Orks. Meh. The Flamers pull up to show them how its down and go on to toast 7 Orks. The Shootas flee.

Kommando combat has the bikes killing 5 of the lot with zero in return. Snikrot is wiped out. I charges in my last Biker squad to assist the center combat. Khubilai continues to be a wuss in combat yet the bikes PF kill 2 Nobs. Last 3 Assault Marines flee.

Ork Turn 3

The Shootas on the run turn to pop a Rokkit and stun a Tornado. Trukk Big Shootas manage to strip an Assault Cannon off the second Tornado. Tankbustas are still slogging it across the board. Sean Waaghs them up a bit more.

The Flamers are assaulted by some charred Choppas. The Orks get wiped out in a spectacular defense. The big Nob combat sees 3 Bikes get pasted as Khubilai fluffs yet again.

White Scar Turn 4

The Flamers having just consolidated after killing off some Orks zoom over to roast 7 Orks from the last Shoota squad. Orks flee. The Assault Marines destroy a Trukk in the way. The HvyBolter only Tornado peppers 2 Tankbustas. Close combat sees Khubilai die. Oh, before he died he did manage to.. oh wait, nevermind. Flufftastic.

Ork Turn 4

Trukk Big Shootas and Wandakka shoot up the Assault Marines. Tankbustas destroy the HvyBolter leaving Tornado A weaponless. Nobs shoot down the Flamer bikers.

Choppas charge the last Attack Bike and kill it before losing an Ork. The squad is 6 strong and scoring. Grumble. Wazdakka charges the Assault Marine Sgt and kills him with a Power Klaw. The Sgt did put a wound on him. Waz is natural toughness 5 so..

White Scar Turn 5

The Tornado with guns kills 5 Tankbustas and they flee the area. The empty Tornado zips by tossing curse words at the Nob Bikers.

Ork Turn 5

Wazdakka shoots up a Tornado. Nob Bikers shoot up last Tornado.

End Game

Sean had 6 Nob Bikers and a squad of 6 Choppas left while the White Scars were wiped from the field. I really thought I had a chance charging the Nobs, but between Cybork/Feel No Pain/T5 they were quite resiliant. Khubilai was a complete letdown. His 3 S4 attacks were really useless. I still dont know how to use him properly. Maybe he should have been off after regular Orks. Dunno. The Flamers picked up the slack where the Tornados failed. If they would have seen of the center Orks turn 3 I could have used the Flamers elsewhere. You would think 6 S5 and 8 S6 shots would kill more than 4 Orks.

So another defeat for the White Scars. I'm open to suggestions Laughing

EDIT : We had pics but it appears they were deleted in favor of Easter hunting pics.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Speed Freaks vs White Scars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Freaks vs White Scars   Speed Freaks vs White Scars EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:14 pm

Twas fun! Can't wait to keep testing it my speed freaks!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

Speed Freaks vs White Scars
Page 1 of 1