CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Knights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Blood Knights Empty
PostSubject: Blood Knights   Blood Knights EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 9:38 am

Ive recently got full unit box of Blood Knights. I also picked up the two older Blood Knight blisters. The rulebook says up to 20 in a unit.

My question is, Would seven in a unit be overkill? They run 55 points per model, not including extras. '

What is the most you have ever seen run in one 2000 or 3000 point game.?

If seven is overkill, would anyone be interested in the two older blisters I have.Let me know.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Blood Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Knights   Blood Knights EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 10:51 am

Six is plenty..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Blood Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Knights   Blood Knights EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:45 am

In lower point totals they can easily be overpriced. I think I may be saving them for 3K games or more when they wouldn't be the linchpin (and liability) of the army.

Those older Blood Dragons are characters. VC armies like their hero and lord vampires.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Blood Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Knights   Blood Knights EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Revised position!

They might do well in a 2k game. Points will get a little tight for others but it seems Frenzy works on mounts too. On the charge a single Blood Knight has A/3 at S/7 with a mount who tosses in A/2 at S/4.

Still believe the unit is a bit risky with the one bad war machine shot or spell breaking this army backbone unit.

Also if you do use them bring some Direwolves to help control their uncontrolled charges. Two units of Wolfies block the vampires from charging until all three are ready to charge the same target. Split frontage will bring the Blood Knights into the main part of the unit with the Dirwolves on each side.

A five model unit charging most enemies will hit on 3+, A/15 (or A/16 with champion), at S/7 (-4 to Armor Saves) plus the horses 4+, A/10, at S/4. Cruel against an infantry unit, painful for an armored unit.
Back to top Go down
bardechh
Neophyte
bardechh

Blood Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Knights   Blood Knights EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Be careful with bloodknights. They are liable to get led by the nose by fast cav and the isolated and eaten by a big block of infantry. I like black knights better, they don't hit as hard but are twice as reliable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blood Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Knights   Blood Knights Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood Knights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: