CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosplay Commanders?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trav
Neophyte

Cosplay Commanders? Empty
PostSubject: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Having played several Vampire the Masquarade,D&D,and GURPS games before,I often cosplay as my own characters and granted the fellas I was with did the same and it just something I more or less do.

Now Since I am getting into the imperial guard heavily,I remberd I have a full airforce Colonels Dress uniform,with wool trenchcoat(not an easy thing to find) which I thought the style struck true to the 40K style at least of full dress uniforms on the battlefield much like comissars or Usrkar Kreed.

I also have the Older Army Olive Drab dress Coat and hat which I might bring both of these to Sci-fi City on Tuesday or Saturday.

Cosplay Commanders? Travis13

Anyone else every try this out and if so got any pics? I know 40k is a pain to cosplay but hey it doesnt have to be just 40k anything at all will work.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:07 pm

I've never done it, not really my thing. I did however see a ton of cosplay at the Games Days back in England.

Lot's assassin girls and adeptus mechanicus people.

I saw an ork in mega armor at last years halloween party in Athens Smile

... he even had a waaagh banner.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:20 pm

Again same as matt. havent seen much of that round here, but on that same note most people here play the non-human armies. Props to you if thats your drag. I did see a few poeple doing that at the chicago gt last year.

btw, I'm diggin the yugo in the background
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Years ago - back in the 1980s, there was a miniatures gaming group called BUZZKRIEGERS locally.

They had a guy who was in the National Guard named Buzz who would dress up in the uniform of whatever group he was playing.
Since they tended to play a LOT of Historical miniatures and Waorl War II - this meant that he often wore a German WWII uniform. That didn't always go over so well at some local conventions.
When he wore historical American or British WWII uniforms - that was better accepted.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Trav
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Yeah I can imagine a Full German uniform isnt going to go well in just about anywhere but still sounds like an interesting group.

The uniform is a 1950's United States Airforce Colonel Uniform.The Trenchoat is a full wool coat and that sucker is hot in the summer but in the dead of winter is a god send. The other uniform I have is a 1960's Dress uniform it doesnt have rank patches or pins and also the tall cap with the bronze american eagle over it.

I been trying to find a pin or someone who can cast a light metal Double Eagle of the Imperium,I might also paint a comissar to match that uniform I have on there if I do I'll post pics of it.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:34 pm

the black library sell an imperial eagle pin.

I'd check that out.
Back to top Go down
Trav
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:46 am

Rob wrote:
btw, I'm diggin the yugo in the background

Ah yeah that's a model 55/56 SKS I modified to fit the new carbon fiber stock that was developed for them not to long ago also had the speicalized clips bought for it too.The wood stock is sitting next to it.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:56 am

I could "cos" play fantasy! I have a suit of awesome full plate I was married in!

Cosplay Commanders? Weddingimage

I am a super-Geek! At least my wife is hot! farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:59 am

Never really gone for that kind of thing, but it's actually really pretty.

You even managed to pull off badass armor instead of some typical knight in shining armor stuff.

Have you managed to get your wife to game? Wink
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Never really gone for that kind of thing, but it's actually really pretty.

You even managed to pull off badass armor instead of some typical knight in shining armor stuff.

Have you managed to get your wife to game? Wink

Well, since I am not a "Knight in Shining Armor" (just ask Mr. T pirat ) I could not wear that stuff. Plus Fantasy Armor is so much cooler looking that all that junk people really wore albino

And yes, my Wife games with me. she "owns" the 7Kish points of Orcs and Goblins. She also plays Devs in Confrontation, Skarrd in Dark Age, War Cry (warhammer ccg), and role plays in the group. She is a hottie-geek!

You should have seen the conversation I had with the Pastor of St. X downtown...

Damn my life is good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Commanders?   Cosplay Commanders? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosplay Commanders?
Page 1 of 1