CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stormboyz and Waaagh!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Stormboyz and Waaagh! Empty
PostSubject: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:56 am

According to the FAQ (Independent National Warhammer 40K) pg. 59 It states that the Stormboyz will not benefit from the Waaagh! special Rule, as it is a typo in the Codex.(I know not official)

Anyway so I am asking for a clarification for a ruling that contradicts itself as it is written in 2 different places in the Codex!

I understand that the Stormboyz are not Infantry, but they are Jump Infantry, Page 47 of the Ork Codex under special rules for the Stormboyz clearly reads: Mob Rule, Furious Charge, Waaagh!.

Now on page 101 of teh Ork Codex it clearly states under special rules: Furious Charge, Mob Rule.

Page 63 Ork Codex Boss Zagstrukk has the Waaagh! special rule as well.

The Waaagh! special Rule on page 31 in the Orks Codex says "all friendly Ork infantry units have the 'fleet of foot' rule."

When I talked to GW (yes I know not too reliable) they said the "Forces of the Orks" Section overrules the "Orks Army List" as far as the special rules go. Also Please keep in mind that the Ork Codex is filled with mistakes...
hence the need for me to ask
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:39 pm

I think the Waaaaagh! rule itself outs the stormboyz because it says all friendly infantry models.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Can anyone tell me the difference between Jump Infantry and Infantry.
Cause I read the little Rule Book. It says what Infantry and Jump Infantry are in the fluff section, but I don't see it make a distinction that they are different. Page 55 of the mini rulebook has the movement of 12", but says taht is optional and can choose to maove as normal infantry if they wish...

I read it as Jump Infantry is an Infantry unit that can make a special move, because of something.

may just be over analyizing but hey thats why I'm asking!
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Both sides have an equal arguement until an FAQ is released. With that in mind, I wouldn't try to waaaagh them, they already have the extra d6 move even though you might take a wound. Thats being the good sport about it. If not I see a lot of ok lets roll of to see who is right in the future.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 7:05 pm

Yeah I'm not currently using teh Stormboyz but I'll wait for the official FAQ before I do! Cause Damn, potential 24" in one turn yikes
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:43 pm

I believe they already have their version of fleet of foot, dont they?
Back to top Go down
Ghazkhull
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyThu May 08, 2008 11:39 pm

I dunno... Jump Infantry are still Infantry, or else they'd be called something like "Jump Troops." Meh.

Ghazkhull
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyFri May 09, 2008 2:49 am

Ghazkhull thats a long arguement, thats on a lo of other sites already. Thankfully 5th is only 2 months away. But I must remind you that Infantry and Jump Infantry are list differently on page 8 of the rule book.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! EmptyWed May 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Jump infantry and infantry are not the same for now (pending 5th). If you consider the escalation rule, it clearly says that jump infantry are not included with infantry, they are deployed in reserve with the other FOC choices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormboyz and Waaagh!   Stormboyz and Waaagh! Empty

Back to top Go down

Stormboyz and Waaagh!
Page 1 of 1