CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?

Go down 
+9
JMarv
HAND OF DUME
Makari
Tyler
FrostWolf
Rob
Marc
Matt
altahara
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 1:07 pm

Yup, thanks CJ... you pushed Marc so far in the lead we had no chance of catching him! Good going!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 1:15 pm

I think Light Infantry is a better way to spend those points. Getting to infiltrate can save you sometimes from a fast flanking army.

I think Camelone (SP?) is a better upgrade, for heavy weapon teams only, the +1 to cover saves is awesome for those small units.

And I agree with Makari, Matt, and Marc, dont waste points on those upgrades. There are two worth trying if you have to waste points.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 1:35 pm

it was 606 points you knuckleheads!!! I wasn't the only one to play MArc either you know.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:13 pm

ok again I think you guys are wrong depending, the reason you take the 4+ save is so you have one, by tradeing the chance of haveing a save for a extra 10 guys that worth it? how do you figure that one just take less shots to kill them all, and yes if you have a garuentee of cover it makes perfect since but even in gt's thats thats no a certain thing. But again to each their own as the saying goes it just depends on the person even without useing a drop army it can work nicely, and tyler thats not what he is saying open your eyes
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:40 pm

And here talking the guy that when you call him out, he won't play you.

That's ok Bruce....I'm hoping for my shot at you in the tourny.....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Quote :
I wasn't the only one to play MArc either you know.

Yeah I know, I played him and beat him Wink

...and I love never letting him forget it Smile
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:40 pm

..which placed you vs Tyranids and allowed me to wipe CJ ftw king
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:45 pm

See...for the greater good! LOL
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:46 pm

Matt wrote:
...and I love never letting him forget it Smile

*waves in Jedi motion*

"..there was no such folly ..go home and rethink your life"
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:50 pm

lol...that was funny.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Haha.

True, but the Nid list I went up against was over the points limit.

Silly Chad and his laziness checking lists Sad
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:36 pm

haha guys...

so you have to choose 1 doctrine to take? i dunno if i walked up to a 10 man unit of guardsmen and took a flamer to them.. and they got armor saves.. i would be extremely dissappointed. a 4+ save is simply decent. but you can't count on it. its no power armor. i would say just leave them. how crazy.. they are the same stats as guardians and yet i pay more pts for them.. arg! oh well..

yeah i just thought that through and i stand with saying dude.. they are gonna die FAST anyways.. might as well have more of them. its 1 more heavy weapon at that point (or more).
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Yup, makes them expensive. Which is simply silly when it comes to guardsman.

Play to your strength people, not your weaknesses!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:45 pm

And if you want to see what a folly it would be come feed my Orks!
You need numbers not saves!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:09 pm

ahhh note to CJ Im not in the tourny, nor have I played 40k in a couple of weeks, reason why I have been avoding the 40k area in general right now, I need to rethink how Im playing my armies, the point to take the armour is to keep those heavy teams alive, the best place for that is in the platoons(now a platoon without a heavy team yea dont take the 4+ save let them die)
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:40 pm

so why aren't you playing in the tourney?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:18 pm

BAH! Cop out!

Becasue I've called him out and he's scared.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Actaully mathmaticly** carapace armor is a better buy then 10 other guardsman....well like all probability can be but not always... If during the game you make above ten saves and ten guys live then you are acounting for the 10 guys you would get without it, but for 4 less points per model (going off the two platoon standard since not many more guys are ususally on the field in normal games). Then for every save after that you make, its like keeping 6 points that the player without carapace armor would keep alive. But then again if luck is against you it COULD turn out to be a waste. I prefer carapace armor because I see no point in field guys if they are going to be target dummies to the enemy and nothing more, but there are advantages to taking either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chaosmarine195
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Isn't that what the entire gaurd army is?? MEAT SHIELDS?
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:44 pm

not really no one realizes that guardsmen themselfs are a devastating force if used right. And NO you DON'T need mass models to do it either. Now I know this because I play IG and it works everytime with Carapace armor. So by the game itself it proves that carapace armor, models that don't get saves from basic guns, unless are orks (or nids), are a waste of points themselfs no matter how many there are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chaosmarine195
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Tyler: No offense, but I don't believe you have played far outside of your regular circle. I think if you did you would realize that the way you game is not the most competitive... that is not to say it's bad, just not the best way to play if you want to win.

The general consensus toward guard is that they are one of the least, if not THE least competitive army in the game. Carapace armor is normally frowned upon by anyone who is not running a drop list.

Your number crunching is wrong too, perhaps we can coax John into putting the numbers to the test (taking into account some cover usage too). Then we can see how the numbers actually run.

CJ: leave Bruce alone, you are a grown man and don't need to bait him out... he might beat you anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm

That's why I called him out!
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 4:13 pm

CJ you had plenty of chances to pkay but every time you sundenly have something else to do, you know were I play every saturday that I am able to, you know were it is, if you were so badly wanting to play me you wouldnt have a problem playing me, Matt, tyler drop it both answers are correct the answer on which is better is the armour, thats simple(and what the topic is). now can we move on, as to why im not in the tourney I explained that in my last post. CJ stay out of a arguement for a army you dont have a winning army from please it just ruins the topics.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Bruce bruce bruce......all talk as usual. I think my dad dying was a pretty damn good exscuse you twit. As for playing were you play??? I'll meet you half way. That's Sci-fi. We can settle this once and for all. You think your such a big bad player...show it.....bring it...quit being the girl you are and show up....

Oh I don't kno wwhat I'm going to do with my armies....

such a cop out.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Hey CJ its called being grounded from warhammer, 1st off, 2nd off there were a number of other times were you had to not come due to some other excuse(the sunday games started by marc that one day comes to mind). Also Im not all talk Ill admit I am in no way one of the best players here, Im not one of the worst either, Im right in the middle which can be a pain, but whatever think what you want, if I was all talk I wouldnt play nathan, mac or cal, or even be on the fourm remeber that much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?   Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which is better? carapaceor cybernetic doctorins?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: