CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those that get the tax rebate....

Go down 
+2
Hacksaw
Bojesphob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

For those that get the tax rebate.... Empty
PostSubject: For those that get the tax rebate....   For those that get the tax rebate.... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 4:29 pm

Letter I got from TurboTax:

Quote :

Dear Valued Customer,

We want to provide you with the most up–to–date information about the tax rebate to which you may be entitled.

Recently, you may have received a letter from the IRS advising you when to expect your Economic Stimulus Payment (rebate). That IRS letter may have inadvertently left off some important information. Taxpayers who chose to have their tax preparation fees deducted from their federal tax refund will receive their tax rebate in the mail, not via direct deposit.

Our records show that you chose this payment option in TurboTax. As a result, the IRS has determined that you will receive your tax rebate in the mail. This may result in you receiving your rebate on a date later than expected.

This situation, while not unique to TurboTax, is understandably causing some concern and confusion. To help further clarify the situation, below is the most current IRS rebate payment processing schedule, as well as additional resources about the tax rebates.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, the best source for the most up-to-date information is www.irs.gov (see the "Rebate Payment Questions" link).

Sincerely,

Bob Meighan

Vice President, TurboTax Customer Advocacy

If the last two digits
of your Social Security
number are: Payments will be
mailed no later than:
00 – 09 May 16
10 – 18 May 23
19 – 25 May 30
26 – 38 June 6
39 – 51 June 13
52 – 63 June 20
64 – 75 June 27
76 – 87 July 4
88 – 99 July 11

Other sources for current information on the rebate program are.

• http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=182734,00.html
• http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=182735,00.html

For more information on TurboTax and rebates, please visit http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/kb/tax-content/tax-tips/6255.html

Of course, I go from expecting it TODAY to getting this email TODAY saying I won't get this stupid rebate until mid-July.... What a crappy way of telling people!!
Back to top Go down
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: For those that get the tax rebate....   For those that get the tax rebate.... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:37 pm

well i got mine a week ago via direct deposit, but it was half what I was expecting I'm not quite sure what I'm going to stimulate now, but "free" money is better than no money
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: For those that get the tax rebate....   For those that get the tax rebate.... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:57 pm

June 14th! not too bad
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: For those that get the tax rebate....   For those that get the tax rebate.... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Same here June 14th!!! They also said on the news that anyone with kids only got half due to a screw up...the other portion will be out in July.
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

PostSubject: Re: For those that get the tax rebate....   For those that get the tax rebate.... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 11:30 pm

I got the same but as an e-mail, I'm June 6
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: For those that get the tax rebate....   For those that get the tax rebate.... EmptyTue May 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Had written in the correct numbers on my return but have a feeling they are going to mail it. My regular refund just came back via the mail. Sad
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: For those that get the tax rebate....   For those that get the tax rebate.... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 7:34 pm

CURSES! They didn't like the numbers. Evil or Very Mad

On the flip they sent a letter letting me know it would be showing up in like three weeks via check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those that get the tax rebate....   For those that get the tax rebate.... Empty

Back to top Go down

For those that get the tax rebate....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: