CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9

Go down 
+12
methoderik
Hacksaw
Affliction
Carl_Dillon
Danny
Bojesphob
wittdooley
Makari
Matt
altahara
JTPitt
Marc
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 12:21 pm

The codex says somewhere that you can use any special character in any army/chapter, representing someone else who's awesome, and just use the rules for that character.

So for my chapter of Generic Marines, I could field Chapter Master Facepunch, and represent him with the model and rules for Marneus Calgar, etc.

Also I've said it before (I think), but I dig your paintscheme.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:32 pm

Quote :
What I read on the inclusion of the unique figures is that these character "archetypes" exist in any chapter so it isn't that you are fielding "pedro kantor" but an figure with identical qualities but just a different path of origin which fits your chapter.

Yup, you just name him something different or something.

Perhaps Kedro Pantor Wink

Looking good John!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Very nice John..

Quote :
I really like the model and rules so I might run him in my army.
Sternguards as scoring units is downright sexy.
Deffo the character I'd run if I were to do a DIY chapter.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 4:41 am

Marc wrote:
Very nice John..

Sternguards as scoring units is downright sexy.
Deffo the character I'd run if I were to do a DIY chapter.

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 6:19 am

Here is the finished drop pod. Did some more work on Pedro but no pics.

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 380014089_HdaZL-O
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 6:21 am

ok, that looks great.. love the fading on the silver from top to bottom..
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:32 am

Will you be adding chapter iconography? Looking great btw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:48 am

Matt wrote:
Will you be adding chapter iconography? Looking great btw

No inconography. I tried placing the decals in a couple different locations but nothing looked right. The Hawks head over the Aquila was just Meh. That's why I ended up putting the radiation symbols there.

Next time I will fill the hatches with putty and put the chapter logo there (ala the whitescars Pod in the new WD.

Ideally I'd love to add some roman numerals and/or squad type iconography lower on the pod or on the upper fins by the exhaust fans.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Subtle and sexy.. well done John.

Who gets the new ride?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Marc wrote:
Subtle and sexy.. well done John.

Who gets the new ride?

thinking sternguard but soooo many options.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:11 pm

So here is my version of Pedro Kantor to fit with my army. Call him Felipe. I'm pretty disappointed in my free hand. I couldn't get a decal to fit the space left over on the shoulder. Meh. I might just redo in all red.

Regardless. Hope you like him. Again. I really like this models pose and weapons, laurels. If I did it again I'd file off the aquila on the storm bolter to make the lining a little cleaner.

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 380406110_U3QVt-O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 3:52 pm

Here is my version of Sgt. Telion. again, a figure I really like. Gotta work a bit on my metalics as I'm trying too many things that aren't working.

Regards,

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 382186980_Z9enk-O
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 4:52 pm

This is how Sgt. Tellion's special power works for giving someone BS6

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 Tellion
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 11:55 pm

hahaha, nice.

Looking good John.

You doing anything else on those bases?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:40 am

Matt wrote:

You doing anything else on those bases?

No. Going plain Jane since it matches the army. I've got a few resin bases I could use but for the most part, when the army is on the table they kinda get lost anyways.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:40 pm

what about some static grass? The stuff that looks dead. I think that would fit and would be easy as hell to add at this point.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:43 pm

all this looks great john. i don't mind the bases being dead i'm not sure how good static grass would look on these bases. i kinda like the deadness. keep it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:18 am

I don't know. I was kinda going for urban rubble feel with the grey. I can add some static grass and I have plenty (including dead). I'll wait to finish the army though. Then, if I feel like it's really lacking in pop, I'll find a way to bring the bases up a notch.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:33 pm

Spot on as always John.

Any chance of a group photo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:19 pm

Marc wrote:
Spot on as always John.

Any chance of a group photo?
Gotta finish my unit of terminators, scouts and sternguard. Then it might be a force worth photographing together.

As soon as I get done w/ WAAAGGHHH Gemrich I'll be back at the marine table hard core.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Here is my first Terminator for the army. Kinda a color check.

Only 19 more to go. Shocked

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 391485385_fKm2X-O
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 9:56 am

Diggin the parchments John..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 8:35 am

Librarian. I really am not fond of the librarian models. To me this is the best of a rough lot. I even filed off the filagree on the ax b/c sucked.

Anyways...here is the go at him.

space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 431215995_8qahq-O
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 8:55 am

Agreed. That is the one I chose for my White Scars Libby as well.

Nice excoriation there..

Why not an alternate scheme for him? Not the blue of course, but doing him in your brilliant bone would have made him pop. Thats said, it is still a fantastic job. Keep them coming..
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:41 am

I really like the one with the book myself.

Then again, my main reason for not liking this one is the inclusion of the plasma pistol Sad

Looking good John. I do think that the blue would have really made the libby pop though, but i can understand if that is not your taste/direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9   space - Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marine Journal -1/30 Thunderfire Cannon pg9
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next