CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Converting Chaos Termis!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Converting Chaos Termis! Empty
PostSubject: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:23 am

Ok, so I am thinking about converting Chaos Termis into Wolf Guard Termis...since they look meaner than the regular space marine termis, and since I have access to more options with the Chaos Termis...

So how difficult is it to convert them to look less Chaos-y? Any help would be awesome since I don't want to waste 50 on a project that fails!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
joebot
Neophyte
joebot

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:29 am

Chaos in never a waste. Every Dollar spent on Chaos is one step closer to Enlightenment.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:30 am

Check out my post in the WIP section.... I used the storm bolter and power ax arms for a Chaos Lord to be a storm bolter and Thunderhammer arm for a Inquisitor Lord! It's fairly easy, though there is a lot of trimming of spikes and markings (the storm bolter had demonic faces on it that I had to slice off, and a few hooks and spikes). overall, as long as you trim off the spikey chaosy stuff, I'm sure it wouldn't be too tough (though, it would take a while, IMO)
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:33 am

bojesphob1 wrote:
Check out my post in the WIP section.... I used the storm bolter and power ax arms for a Chaos Lord to be a storm bolter and Thunderhammer arm for a Inquisitor Lord! It's fairly easy, though there is a lot of trimming of spikes and markings (the storm bolter had demonic faces on it that I had to slice off, and a few hooks and spikes). overall, as long as you trim off the spikey chaosy stuff, I'm sure it wouldn't be too tough (though, it would take a while, IMO)

Your WIP is what gave me the idea. But if it's a lot of work, I cannot do it, since the timing is all off! scratch I don't have a ton of time to work on Conversions!

Five guys, trimmed and GS could be a lot of work!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:43 am

Don't know if it would be too horrible, though, looking at the minis for the Chaos guys.... Converting Chaos Termis! M1252614_99120102021_ChaosTermmain_873x627

You would need the SW shoulder pads, some termie heads, and trim up the sets of legs and the weapon arms... You could probably even use the normal SM chest plates instead of trimming as well, though you could file off the faces and what not on these guys.... For me, I think this type of conversion, as long as I had everything, would take about 4 hours total to do. I don't know how long you take to assemble, though... That Inquisitor Lord took probably about 1.5 hours, though I was trying to take my time with it...
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:13 am

Diz-AM that is going to be a lot of work! scratch not sure if it's worth it!
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:24 am

Just use Forge World Very Happy

Converting Chaos Termis! Sw2
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 11:27 am

I was going too, but the turn around time from Forgeworld was 4-6 weeks, and since I need the army done and painted by Origins (last week of June) it aint going to happen! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:42 pm

It's really not too bad, and if you find you can't trim something off, cover it with pelts (not too hard to handle with GS) or purity seals.

Chaos armor is normally just old Mk. marine armor. So it all makes sense for older chapters as long as you trim up the really chaotic stuff.

The work would definitely be worth it, you'd have something pretty unique looking models once you are done.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:50 pm

grrr...sounds like a challenge now! Twisted Evil it's on like donkey kong!
Back to top Go down
joebot
Neophyte
joebot

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 2:50 pm

and if all else fails you have some awesome Chaos stuff Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting Chaos Termis!   Converting Chaos Termis! Empty

Back to top Go down

Converting Chaos Termis!
Page 1 of 1