CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

having trouble decideing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

having trouble decideing Empty
PostSubject: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 5:00 pm

i am having trouble deciding on whether i am going khorne/tzeetch or slaanesh/tzeetch what it comes down to is either power weapons or rending and fleet
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Split the difference and only field Tzeetch!

Just kidding, a bias on my part. Traditionally Khorne rocks all. Work his forces in first, later expand into any other chaos gods. This is presuming that the blood god is still as cool as he's been in EVERY other chaos release in 40K or WFB.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Khorne is probably the weakest in the CSM codex, by a decent amount imo.

He is probably the best in this one though, and I think power weapons on str 4 will probably win the day over rending. No need to look at it like that though. Take units from all 4 gods if you need to.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Khorne is probably the weakest in the CSM codex, by a decent amount imo.
Realy in this codex? That's increadable, mindboggling even. GW sometimes nerfs things that are too popular but Khorne was one of their safe-spots.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Khorne is great and by far not the weakest. I played Khorne for many years in Fantasy and took it in the 41 millinium. Give the berzerkers fire support to get them into combat and let them take over! I think the weakest power in this codex edition would be Nurgle, although still good. It seems that with each new Chaos codex release they make 1 power "top dog". This codex it would happen to be Tzeentch, IMO.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 6:35 pm

I'll try and run some stats, but right now I don't have the demons codex.
Back to top Go down
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:58 pm

the other thing though is slaanesh has fleet
Back to top Go down
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:05 pm

although power weapons are nasty the problem is i dont want to take all of the gods cause then i am afraid the list will not flow so good and i want it to be competative for tourneys
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:58 pm

I'd focus more on getting what you like for now, then learning what works for tourny play later on.

You are still pretty new to the game and could learn alot more about the basics and so on before worrying about tournament play.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:43 pm

HAND OF DUME wrote:
It seems that with each new Chaos codex release they make 1 power "top dog". This codex it would happen to be Tzeentch, IMO.
Righteous. Presuming that is the case.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:59 pm

i completely disagree with Tzeentch being #1. They shoot well, and take a few hits. But they are still pretty easy to take out, you really have to balance out with this army, otherwise the drop WILL hurt you. If you go only Tzeentch close combat elements will tie you up very quickly.

While one of the stronger individual powers, you are really hurting yourself by going exclusive to one power (or even two or three).

it's like looking at the marine armylist and not allowing yourself to use 1/4 to a 1/2 of it. Just doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: having trouble decideing   having trouble decideing Empty

Back to top Go down

having trouble decideing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: