CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wondering if it's a guy thing!

Go down 
+8
wittdooley
JTPitt
JMarv
CJ
kainthedragoonx
Marc
Bojesphob
Wolfgirl23
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

Wondering if it's a guy thing! Empty
PostSubject: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 8:58 am

This has intrigued me enough to post on the forum to get other guys input. I was at work and it came up that one guy when he was growing up killed small animals just for the fun of it. That prompted another guy to talk about how he would shoot chipmunks, another shot squirrels, and another would shoot birds. All just for the fun of it cause they could. I asked some other guys at work if they killed small animals for the fun of it, beyond my belief they had. So I was wondering if it is a guy thing or just that I work with a bunch of people who deep down could become a serial killer?

Last edited by noakei23 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:15 am

Not all guys are like that (I can't say that I've killed anything intentionally except for insects, haven't even gone hunting), but it is common. If they say they've done it recently then I would be a little worried, as most of the guys I've known that have done that outgrew it, and if they are still doing it, it means something isn't right. Anyhow, those're my 2 cents....
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:23 am

Thats...

disturbing No
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:42 am

Killing for fun? no.

Killing in order to feed myself or part of the family? Yes.

There are plenty of other things we can do for fun. Shooting animals for the hell of it is completely stupid. However, if I have to get food on the table, I will shoot an animal for food any day of the week.

I cannot say I've been in a situation where I had to kill something for food, but I'd do it if I had too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:48 am

Can you get us names and pictures of these guys??? I want to know what they look like in case I see them crawling through a window or something....
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:52 am

[quote="bojesphob1"]If they say they've done it recently [quote]

All the ones that admitted to "killing for fun" quickly said it has been years since they have done it. They of course asked me if I did anything like that. I said, HELL NO! I have never intentionally killed an animal.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:11 am

I believe that such behaviors are more a sign of immaturity, boredom and living situation. (Hard to shoot chipmunks if you grow up in the city)

While it may signal a reduced ability to empathize on their parts, hopefully they have grown beyond such behaviors and no longer think of that as fun or a good thing to recommend.

The good thing is that as long as they were not torturing the animals, they don't really have an increased likelihood of becoming a serial killer. If one of your coworkers does admit that, I'd be more than a little worried.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 am

Marc wrote:
Thats...

disturbing No

I completely agree! I asked Makari last night if he had done anything like that and he looked at me like I had 3 eyes. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:14 am

Well....I'm one of those guys.

My experiences were mostly in the 10 to 12 range. Old enough you get a little freedom from Mom but too young to really realize that you are being morbid.

Pond....Spring....Frog mating season. We'd catch all sorts of frogs while they were...errr... "too occupied" to care. Then we'd put them on posts and target practice with BB guns. We also had frog gigs too (mini tridents) to stick them with. A few were summarily executed by the ever present "wrist rocket".

Now...I never graduated beyond amphibians.

I think 16/17 I made a homemade spear gun (grew up on a lake). Rubber tubing, a 2x4 handle, and straightened wire hangers. You take the hangers and flatten the end the file to a point w/ a grinder.

Notible conquests were an 18 inch large mouth, large bullhead, and a gar.

All were eaten except the gar which swam away with my spear intact.

Sooooo now I work at a bank, 3 kids, and a wife. I also paint little "creepy" guys with spears and tridents....coincidence What a Face .
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:49 am

Personally I would never take anything out on an animal and never have. I however though would shoot an animal for food and would have no qualm about it. But to maliciously go out and kill an animal for nothing more then sport truly shows how far man has detached itself from nature.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:04 pm

JTPitt wrote:
Personally I would never take anything out on an animal and never have. I however though would shoot an animal for food and would have no qualm about it. .

I have no problem with hunting for food, it just was shocking to hear that when these guys were kids that they for the heck of it, cause it was fun, would just go out and kill small animals.
From the feedback, it's common in boys growing up but they usually overcome and realize the "wrong" in the kiling.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:28 pm

I dunno. If my viewing of Law & Order is correct, and Dr. Wong really is the shrink they say he is, then that's the first step in becoming a sociopath. Whatever happened to shooting your G.I. Joe's with BB guns or sending them to the moon via bottle rocket?
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:47 pm

I never killed small animals for the fun of it. I did however hunt for food. There is a high with being able to kill something that can develop into more, but or morales general stop that.
Back to top Go down
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 5:17 pm

First of all never done it. I own to many furry and scaly things that itd feel to wierd. I think it something that goes untapped in a lot of us. That primal urge to kill to demonstrate your power. Kinda like why people really watch car races or rodeos. Sure as hell not for going in circles or to see the guy riding a nice horsey. We're hoping secretly deep down one of those poor buggers gets crashed or stomped on. Primal bloodlust....idk its a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 2:40 am

i was only ever able to go outside with some friends and a bb gun a few times in my life, and we would never shoot to kill.
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 6:23 pm

isn't that what the little kid did in Rob Zombies version of Halloween??? The it bacame school mates and then it was all out psycho... I'm just sayin... Some people like to start small and work their way up!!! Laughing Just my observation from the twisted minds of movies haha!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if it's a guy thing!   Wondering if it's a guy thing! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wondering if it's a guy thing!
Page 1 of 1