CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fun in the Florida Sun

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Fun in the Florida Sun Empty
PostSubject: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:17 pm

So with our return drive of 16hrs of hair pulling and spit wads.. we are back. Stayed in Naples but visited the Everglades, Sanibel Island, Marco Island and so on. Hell of alot of driving for a vacation Shocked

Kyrsten and Bryce on their boards.
Fun in the Florida Sun KidsBoard

Ayden and Kayla had success with their WalMart rods.
Fun in the Florida Sun AydenFish
Fun in the Florida Sun Kaylafish

Finally, the wife felt right at home handling a 4ft Croc.
Fun in the Florida Sun ShanCroc
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:49 pm

Looks like ya had tons o fun!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 3:54 am

Great pictures. Did you get to Ding Darling Wildlife Sanctuary?

Looks like your girl caught a Redfish if I'm not mistaken. Those are fabulous to eat and the base of a lot of New Orleans cooking.

My Grandparents had a retirement home on the Sanibel Island in the 70's/80's and we used to visit before the Island became so popular as a vacation spot.

I miss it (or maybe just my grandparents...)

Crying or Very sad

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:57 am

I as well was a regular visitor to Sanibel Island and Ding Darling when I was a little one. Haven't been back in a long time though.

Looks like a great vacation! Glad to hear all the kids had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:19 am

It was actually Wootens Santuary near Everglade City. We went there for air boat rides, but the kids said they were too loud.

Sanibel Island was nuts. Rented bikes everywhere. Did see several dolpins off the lighthouse beach which was cool. Tons of shells for the kids.

My little 4yr old girl nabbed 4 of those Red Fish (black spot near the tail) that day. She pretty much won the day from that picture. It was hilarious since most of the locals were catching zip. There she was with her $5.99 Dora special reeling them in. The other fish with my little boy is a Grey Snapper. Hostile little buggers there.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:24 pm

so we were both in florida at the same time funny, though I was more in the middle of florida(go disney)
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:31 pm

looks like you guys had a good time.

...once we get off this free internet crap i can get pics up from my cross country roadtrip.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:32 pm

so nobody missed me I feel so much better now Razz I knew I could count on you guys not even noticing I was gone
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:44 pm

hell... i didnt even notice marc was gone
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:54 pm

thats what we get I suppose, if you post a lot everyone notices when you are there but if you go away no one notices till you return. same is true if you dont post as much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun in the Florida Sun   Fun in the Florida Sun Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun in the Florida Sun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: