A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed   Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:32 pm

So, with 5th Ed on the horizon (I believe a few of us have been able to at least flick through the final hardcopy version now) does anyone see the changes made in 40k influencing Fantasy's next release?

Things like:

Troops only scoring

Terrain effects

Take cover (not sure it fits, but who knows)

Kill points - and the missions in general

and so on and so on.

Draw - 2 (The 13th hold out in alpha take and hold)
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed   Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:52 pm

for scoring it could be only core troops, takeing cover well shield wall rules(lines of shield building walls aganist arrows?) stuff like that but I dought you will see that stuff be to complicated rule wise or seems to me that is would be
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed   Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:12 am

I could see them dumping the phantom victory points in fantasy, but most of the other stuff would complicate things more than they need to be.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed   Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:23 am

The art of Fantasy is totally different from 40K, so I doubt a lot of it will change. Scenarios are difficult in Fantasy, and normally call for point increases and decreases. Most "tourney" scenarios really are nothing more than pitched battle with a fancy extra step, like "Kill all the mages" or something similar.

Scenarios are important to tourney level 40K because of the there is little strategy once models hit the table. Other than which units do I shoot at. You need scenarios and other methods to complicate the game.

Fantasy has a lot more strategy to it, surrounding moving and jockeying for position and stuff. So I don't think that it's going to change much. Of course I've been wrong before, so we will see!

And I am not bad mouthing 40K...I enjoy the game bunches. It's just not a complex as fantasy once the models are on the table!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed   Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 11:49 am

With Kane on this one. Normally I just burn herritics like him but this time he can slide.

In the past the similarities in the games tend to be on the over arching mindset. Like lowering the importance of single models and making units more important. Or the very base game mechanics like never re-rolling a re-roll.

I think outside games have more influence like Warzone did. Some of the biggest changes to GW games came after Warzone was pretty popular with its second release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed   Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Fantasy based on 40k 5th Ed
Page 1 of 1