CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)

Go down 
+4
HAND OF DUME
Marc
Carl_Dillon
Matt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) Empty
PostSubject: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:47 pm

Here it is

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:09 pm

I think it would be a good idea to have a private mini tourney. Set normal points but limit the number of players and play in preferably a private setting. The idea being to see what the average game length is now and really to brainstorm well ahead of time for large events. I would recommend 8 to 10 people playing.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Game length (from what i have played in 5th) hasn't been effected too much. It got faster in some areas and a bit slower in others.

Apparently the rulebook does suggest using victory points in addition to objectives and kill points for tournaments.

Tournament play will also depend highly on the missions involved (primary, secondary and tertiary objectives and so on).
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 pm

I need to gather an army first Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 7:26 pm

I agree with Matt. Most tourneys use the primary, secondary and tertiary objectives. So I don't see it affecting them much.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Will be interesting to see how they are effected in 5th though.
Back to top Go down
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:33 am

If you wanna run the 5e investigative mini-tourney at Sci-Fi City, go ahead.

Just let me know the particulars.

-eric
Back to top Go down
methoderik
Neophyte
methoderik

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:53 pm

I always hated TLOS, always seemed to cause a miff, no longer how cool both players were. I don't think the arguments were about what you could see, but "how much" of the model was in cover to justify a save.

I was a huge fan of Area Terrain in 4th. In fact, it was probably one of the best changes. To me, it took out all the guess work, and was 50X faster.

IMO if they had incorporated AT into 5th, we would have a really decent paced, straight forward, easy to play game.

I am going to try and keep my mind open though and embrace TLOS again. But man, terrain heavy boards are going to be such a PITA.

I have not ready anything on the kill points, so no opinion on those.

Last edited by methoderik on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling (man I suck))
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 1:21 pm

I think the biggest issue is that we are going to have to adjust the kinds of terrain that we have and play with.

No more clump of walls and shrubs that is very subjective and a lot more big solid buildings.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Solid building would rock! City fight are going to rock with this edition!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)   5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS) Empty

Back to top Go down

5th Edition Tournament Discussion (BoLS)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: