CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)

Go down 
+13
Cherry Darling
Bojesphob
Crobar
kendallswafford
HAND OF DUME
Mike Leon
FrostWolf
Wolfgirl23
JTPitt
CJ
JMarv
altahara
Qoltar
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) Empty
PostSubject: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 11:20 pm

Power goes out in the mall & the store 6 times...then blinks back on. Each time I gotta re-boot our computer at the store. Then it gets severe enough I have to turn off our X-BOX pods.

Then - the Mall gets completely blacked out around 2:30pm. Around 45 minutes later the Mall management tells all the store we can go home if we want to.

Turns out this severe WIND STORM we have has knocked out the power in over half of the city. Warren County no longer has 911 service.

Over 580,000 homes have no power at all.

Trees and power lines knocked out everywhere.

It was severe enough that it was just about too dangerous for me to walk home. Had to call for a lift.

Stay safe everyone if you're caught in one of these storms that the remnants of Ike has generated.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:04 am

UPDATE:

The X-BOX pods will workk tomorrow/Moday guys...and all the machines now appear to be in working order again.

The ladies behind the counter will be happy about that.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 4:06 am

14 hours with no power..west chester just came up at 345ish...

No work tonight hehe
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:10 am

I still don't have power (Evendale) who knows when it will come back. Looks like I'm going to have to have an emergency yard clean up barbeque to use all the food in the fridge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:24 am

I had power but no cable or Internet. Suffice it to say the enormity of outages in the area came as a big surprise. Amazing to see the number of trees down. I lost a shutter off the house but no limbs.

I get my trees trimmed bi-annually which removes dead wood and thins the crown. This eliminates a lot of what would normally come down in a wind storm so I'm pretty happy today compared with a lot of folks around me.

Getting some Gas this morning was my biggest problem. I hope the stations are later or it's gonna be harder tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:53 am

Yeah, I didn't have too many large branches, just a ton of little ones, but I basically live tucked into a forest so that can't be helped much.

A lot of the neighbors had some big trees or branches broken so I went wandering the streets last night with my pole saw cutting things up for people.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:55 am

Of Course the Kroger building is up and running,.....LOL

However.....Power at home has been out since 1 pm yesterday.......Storm damage was HUGE in our neighborhood. Have at least 6 trees down and only one way in and out of our neighborhood. Took me 45 minutes to work my way through just to get to here today.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:24 am

Yea I made it too. Most if not all of Springdale is without power at the moment. Hamilton County took the hardest hit with 435,942 people with out power yesterday. Today there is still 266,196 of which I am still one of these many people. I just couldn't believe all the damage just this wind caused.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:51 am

Yeah getting gas was a big problem for me LOL! We were out getting mom's "birthday" dinner which the original plans were postponed due to power out at the Tokyo restaurant. I pulled into the restaurant on 0 miles to E because during the 20 mile trek to IHop to wait 3 hours for food there was not a gas station that had gas. Made it back thanks to my saviors! Very Happy You two know who you are Smile Power went out around 130ish I believe and is still not on. I work in Blue Ash and regretting working in a building owned by Duke because everyone else around me has NO power, we are the only ones with power so of course... here I am at work....
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:10 pm

we lost a tree is all that we had and power flickered a few times but we keep power, school lost power though
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:08 pm

I've got all kinds of stories about this thing.

I was working at the Vinoklet winery's winefest this weekend. I know the owner, so I help him direct parking every year.

The arbor had just collapsed when I got there around 2:30 and one or two people got hurt when it fell (an arbor is one of those huge wooden grapevine things that you walk through like a tunnel, except this one is big enough to drive a bus through and about 50 yards long).

They closed the festival and started directing everyone out.

I ran in to help the vendors pack up their tents. I was standing under this one trying to undo a bolt and it was just gone. This was a big tent too. It was like any of the vendor's tents at the Ren Fair for example (I bet the Ren Fair literally blew away).

Port-o-pottys were like tumbleweeds. They were flying all over the place. I'm glad I'm not the guy who has to clean that up.

Luckily no one was seriously injured.

What was funny was, after we had packed everything up and directed everyone out, people were showing up at the winery asking to be served. This one couple was oblivious as hell. The power is out. Dorothy's freaking house just flew by, and these people decide to go for a walk in the vineyard. My friend had to throw them out.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Power went out about 2:00 pm yesterday. A huge tree behind my house split and half fell on power lines. Went to Menards and bought a generator 'cause we just had a 1/2 cow butchered and didn't want it to spoil in our deep freeze, plus just got a new keg for our keg-er-a-tor last week. Can't let all that beer go to waste! Power was back on at 11:30 today. Thankfully Tipp City has their own electric service. Hope everyone else is safe out their. Help a neighbor if you can. Remember karma, good or bad always comes full circle.
Back to top Go down
kendallswafford
Neophyte
kendallswafford

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Well, the good news is Up Up & Away has power! One of the sign faces blew out, but it could have been much worse. Bad news; I lost a huge chunk (80-90sf) of my roof at home! Still no power in Eastern Colerain Twp.

At least the beer fridge at UUA is well-stocked afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.upupandawaycomics.com
Wolfgirl23
Neophyte
Wolfgirl23

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 pm

kendallswafford wrote:

YOU HAVE A BEER FRIDGE?!??!?! Where was that on black reach night! That would have made it extremely interesting!!!!
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:42 pm

Our power was out for several hours. The worse damage was the roofs, 80% of them in my neighborhood took at least some damage. I own a condo, so I know what that means for my dues next year Sad. My family got hungry in the middle of the outage and I drove for 45 minutes to find an open restaurant.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 1:48 pm

noakei23 wrote:
kendallswafford wrote:

YOU HAVE A BEER FRIDGE?!??!?! Where was that on black reach night! That would have made it extremely interesting!!!!

He did....but we were all to interested in gaming.......

PM sent on the second part of this...LOL
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:38 am

Wow, I'm in Florida for a while and you all have the interesting weather while I'm gone! Though, can't say that I'm disappointed I missed it... Is it still pretty rough, or did the storm already get through?
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:51 am

I got power back at 4:30 yesterday, so 26 hours without. Not too bad, from the Duke Energy website it looks like there are a lot of people who are still without power.

The food in the freezer kept ok, but I did have to have a use all the food in the fridge lunch with a friend of mine. I parlayed the milk into tapioca pudding, some yogurt and fruit into a parfait-like concoction, and then used the rest of the eggs, vegetables, cheese and ham into a giant mess of scrambled eggs.

The biggest annoyance for me is how much raking of sticks and leaves I'm going to have to do.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 11:17 am

power came on for about 20 minutes yesterday....then 2 transformers blew......this sucks.
Back to top Go down
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 11:18 am

We only had power off for about 17 hours. It came back on yesterday just as we were trying to figure out what we were gonna do for dinner. So that worked out. Oh and of course I was thinkin about sittin outside and painting but it all worked out cause I got to get comfy on the couch and use my light.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 11:30 am

We still have no power. Going on 48 hrs worth of no power. All the food in the freezer got packed up and sent to Mandi's (AKA GF) parents house. While the rest of the food will have to be thrown away in the fridge. Great times.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 11:34 am

During college I stayed on campus during the summers cause it was way more fun. Whenever the power failed, it was the best.

My buddies and I would pack up all the beer in the fridges and start roaming around. People would be outside having midnight barbeques cooking up all the meat they had in the fridges.

We'd trade a few beers for burgers and brats, or sometimes just get food for free depending on how much they had, and then roam on looking for other people to hang out with.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Just 47 hours later and we are back online!

Showers for everyone pale
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 2:04 pm

This is why I have gas water and a gas stove.......I can shower....and still eat a hot meal....LOL
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 2:17 pm

I have a gas water heater so I am clean while I starve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)   hell - Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm) Empty

Back to top Go down

Windstorm from Hell (or Ike Spinoff storm)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next