A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Anvil Of Doom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Anvil Of Doom Empty
PostSubject: Anvil Of Doom   Anvil Of Doom EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm not understanding how to strike the correct Runes for the AOD. The book is only giving results for Incorrectly struck Runes, on the "Failed Rune Table".

If Im understanding this correctly, only 5's rolled with a d6 will be correct struck runes for the AOD. Why would anyone gamble that in a list. Or Im really misreading this section to.

Miners Underground Advance:

Underground Advance: I'm a little confused here.

From the second dwarf turn on, I roll 1 D6 needing +4's for each dwarf miner in the unit?

The miners that roll what they need (4's) are left to fend for themselves, untill all other miners roll the needed alot?

If this is the right way of deploying the miners, they could be cut to pieces long before their time.
JMarv

Anvil Of Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Of Doom   Anvil Of Doom EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:26 pm

For the Anvil of Doom, if you choose to strike with normal power, you pass on a 2+

If you choose to Strike with Ancient Power it moves up to 4+

If you take Thorek, Ancient Power becomes 3+ with a reroll, hence why most Dwarf Tourny lists pack Thorek.

Miners roll as a unit to come onto the board. So on turn 2 it's a 4+, then on turn 3 a 3+ etc. So no, you won't have individual miners straggling onto the field.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

Anvil Of Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Of Doom   Anvil Of Doom EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Looking over my freshly mounted army of Dwarfs, Im a little weary of what Runes to inscribe. I find myself cheating, by looking at the Warhammer website, and using what the more experienced use, is this a bad idea?

When or How many points should I be looking at, before I take the Anvil Of Doom? I have a solid 2000 points ready for play? I havent read about many using this, why not?

With the widley popular WF tournaments that go on here and there, Im wondering if going for a down right bruser for a army build or a more modest build. Maybe somthing that will be good to use throughout the several weeks of play?

I plan on getting my butt handed to me when it's all said and done, but would still like to make a good showing.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Anvil Of Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Of Doom   Anvil Of Doom EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 1:51 pm

For the runes, I personally don't find it distasteful to check the net a little bit for advice. There are a ton of runes and most of them are useful, only a few terrible, and none that are so game-breaking that you have to use them. Plus, it would take forever to playtest all the combinations yourself.

I'd say the Anvil of Doom playability starts at 2000 points and increases in likelihood as the points go up. I heard that nearly all the Ardboyz dwarf lists brought along Thorek.

The old Anvil is honestly the only really viable way to play dwarfs that move. Otherwise it's just the turtle game while you attempt to obliterate the enemy with 4 bolt throwers, a cannon, an organ gun and 3 units of thunderers.

With the anvil you have use it's ability to propel units during the shooting phase to actually get charges off, and to bring a unit of miners onto the board and then charge them in during the shooting phase. Seriously, it increases the effectiveness of miners by about 200%.

And if you do tote along the Anvil, there's no reason not to bring Thorek Ironbrow. Ancient Power on a 4+, or Ancient Power on a 3+ with a reroll? Hardly a question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anvil Of Doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Of Doom   Anvil Of Doom Empty

Back to top Go down

Anvil Of Doom
Page 1 of 1