CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy to find this place :D

Go down 
+4
Matt
Keith
Makari
Yarrick68
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Yarrick68
Neophyte

Happy to find this place :D Empty
PostSubject: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:17 am

Hello, I found out about this place while playing at the 'Ard Boys tourny at Yottaquest. Great bunch of players and great job to Yottaquest for having a fun afternoon.

My name is Phil, long time cincinnati gamer starting with MTG back in 94 but even then we had a 40k and space marine group playing before MTG came out which distracted us a bit from 40k Razz. But of course always comming back to 40k as the best game ever(and 5th is the best so far).

Armies I can currently field are Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Witch Hunters, Necrons, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, and soon to be Tau. For apocalypse games I have some forgeworld items and know people that can bring titans as well to huge games.

I usually play on monday nights up at ACME games but until now didn't know where to find other players in cincinnati for 40k so feel free to hit me up for a game, and if a bunch of us want to play some apocalypse I am sure we can get some huge games going in that as well. I am usually free on friday, saturday and sunday.

Most fun experience in 40k was 4 years ago when I ran the last RT tourny that has been at Gencon. I am looking into reviving that and bringing a RT tourny again to Gencon next year, I will keep everyone posted on how that goes.

Finally I play other games as well, I love board games too like Axis and Allies, Settlers, whatever.

Looking forward to future games with CAG members, Phil
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 6:19 am

Wow welcome to the boards man!!!

Hope to see you in the future for our tourneys as well!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:22 am

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:36 am

welcome aboard man!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:03 am

greetings!!!
Back to top Go down
Cherry Darling
Forum Matriarch
Cherry Darling

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 am

you found the right place to be Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Yarrick68 wrote:

Most fun experience in 40k was 4 years ago when I ran the last RT tourny that has been at Gencon. I am looking into reviving that and bringing a RT tourny again to Gencon next year, I will keep everyone posted on how that goes.

Check out the TTGamers site on my sig. We/they ran an Apoc event last year. It's Brian Seabolt's group so you may know him if you play up at ACME. Always looking for events to coordinate w/ the group. That way you've got space all weekend. We spent a lot of time playing pick up 40 K games between tourneys and after hours.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Phil...we'll talk next time I see you! alien

It's Brian from ACME. Slacker rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Yarrick68
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:38 am

Well I heard a vague rumor that some group from cleveland was going to do a RT at Origins next year but you know how that goes. If I don't hear anything specific I would also like to plan an RT for Origins. Joe Krone from the GW battlebunker in Chicago came down for the Gencon RT and helped us with prize support (we gave away a 4th edition rulebook 2 weeks before release). So I am sure if I give him some time we could even get some help no matter how little to make it a fun event for all. And thats what matters most, having fun at Cons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:43 am

Sweet. When is the next time you're going to be at ACME?
Back to top Go down
Yarrick68
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:41 am

Well I am usually there monday night, but danny was looking to get a game in on sunday since he doesen't get to play much on his new schedule (he has sunday off) some place. I was thinking of heading up to yottaquest on sunday. For now not sure what I am doing saturday, you going to be up at ACME then?
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 8:36 am

Yarrick68 wrote:
Well I am usually there monday night, but danny was looking to get a game in on sunday since he doesen't get to play much on his new schedule (he has sunday off) some place. I was thinking of heading up to yottaquest on sunday. For now not sure what I am doing saturday, you going to be up at ACME then?
If you are comming up on Sunday you may want to arrive a bit early;
the SWM fellows and 2 RPG groups are there
the back room is usually hosting Matt's (Owners) Group, if no one claims it by 1:00pm...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 10:02 am

yeah I will be at acme on saturday...in the pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy to find this place :D   Happy to find this place :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy to find this place :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Forum Stuff! :: Say Hello!-
Jump to: