CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stepping down - kinda

Go down 
+4
JTPitt
JMarv
Makari
Matt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Stepping down - kinda Empty
PostSubject: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Hey guys,

So after just over a year, we have grown pretty quickly. Our economy took a nose dive, CJ tricked us into thinking he had finally picked an army and John G showed up to make us all feel bad about our painting...

...During this time, I also got extremely busy. If you didn't already know I am in the design program down in Cincinnati. As this is a co-op program I have been jetsetting all over the country working for all sort of sweet companies. Most recently I was working at Apple in Cupertino, CA. While there I realized I am just getting too busy to devote the time to this group that it deserves.

Just look at the banner.... I promised that to Sean about 1 month ago (probably longer than that even.) I also never got him a poster finished! So I have decided to step down as the actual manager of the place, I'll be passing the chalice to a certain event organizer (you might know him as a large smelly green Ork.) I'll be helping him transition in, and I'll still be keeping the same powers I have now, they will just be shared. So if things on the site need to happen... you'll have another person to go to. Sean won't have to call me 5 times to get an answer about something either.

So this post is just a little heads up, there will be some change over the next few weeks. I'll still be handling the design of things on the site as and when I can. I'll just try to get more well organized.

So as I step into an even busier time of my life. I wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this community what it is, I'll be using the start up story as a quick talking point in many interviews to come... and each time I'll be secretly thanking everyone of you for helping out here.

Also, sorry to Sean for 1) Not supporting the tournament as I should, my laziness is to blame and 2) For dumping this burden on him, without much of a warning Wink

Thanks again guys, I'll see you on the boards!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Smelly? I take a my biannual shower... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:23 am

Matt,

Thanks for all the work you've done up to this point. Who would have thought that WoHaG closing would grow Cincinnati gaming. Kudos.

-John
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:36 am

Interesting. Well you better keep in touch with the forums Matt. We are likely to hunt you down and beat you if you don't jump on. At least you are taking the time to care about the forum. Congrats Sean on your forum promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:07 am

Buenos Suerte. I'm sure we'll see you around. I've found that painting figs left my life from the age of 20 to 33. But it's back now. I'm sure gaming will cycle in and out for you at times too.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 12:02 pm

I did pick an army!!!!!! I just liked all of them! *GRIN*
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:29 pm

I'll echo JMarvs thoughts. Not long ago I thought this city was sentenced to eternal doom..

..Matt saves the day!

I'm out of sorts as well with classes cranking back up (ex: Eldar blog takes a dive) so take your time..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Adios Matt. I did not know thee well. Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Im going to miss you killing my armys, hope your life calms down/stays calm enough for you to contiune playing 40k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stepping down - kinda   Stepping down - kinda Empty

Back to top Go down

Stepping down - kinda
Page 1 of 1