CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest Empty
PostSubject: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:48 pm

How's this? My first Noob list:

1 Warboss, Armor, PKlaw, TLShoota, Bosspole

8 Lootas

44 Boyz:
- 12 Shootas w/ 1 Rocket and Nob w/ Choppa & Bosspole
-26 Sluggas w/ 2 BigShootas, 2 Nobs w/ PK & Bosspoles

2 Deff Coptas w/ TLRockets (hello Black Reach)

1 Lobba (to be annoying) w/ extra crew and a Prod

748 points

Is my Ork portfolio too diversified?
Do I have a little of everything, but not enough boyz?
Sounds like there will be mostly other Ork armies to fight!
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I don't know what a "lobba" is which means it isn't in many if any competitive lists. Therefore my gut reaction is to drop it and use the points to up the unit of 12 so that they can stay fearless longer.
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:57 pm

A lobba is a G48" S5AP5 small blast artillery, his setup costs around 50 points.

Nice thing about it being a G weapon (a barrage weapon, in other words), means you can hide that thing behind cover and out of line of sight, and you can happily pop things without giving them cover saves.

The downsides being that it would scatter 2d6 without -BS if you shoot it indirectly like that, and being AP5, it won't kill 4+ units like 'Ard Boyz or Eldar.

It's an amusing idea, but I would drop it too.
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:23 pm

I'll work it up again without the artillery. I think the lobbas could be cooler in groups of 3 so you could have a proper barrage -- but being a total noob I begin to see that a barrage may be a bad idea as your other troops are trying to be in close combat asap.

Maybe some truck transportation? Are burnas worthwhile if you are not playing a highly mechanized or armored opponent?

hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:26 pm

i have had lobbas be devastating against my gun-line.

Remember that for as cheap as they, they do cause pinning. Which can be super helpful.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
MatthewD
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Quote :
44 Boyz:

I don't exactly understand this, I didn't think you could take 2 nobs for a Mob of boyz even if their were 30 of em. Other than that looks good, I've been using the deff Coptas a lot lately, I like them but they are not good in melee at all. Their hit and run is pretty much useless. RL however will pop a hole in damn near eveything at 750 pts, and twin-linked makes it where the Orks might hit something. alien

The lobba might not be efficent but will provide loads of fun, if you do keep it in the Grot Prod and the extra crew (which I think is more for Zzap Guns) is pretty much useless because if anything comes after the lobba, it's stuff that will be tied up for your boyz to come get it. The TL Shoota on the WB is meh, as it rarely will be effective and I think you would rather have two close combat weapons for assaulting. If you do decide to add a gun maybe a kombi-weapon or get cybork Body which will let him survive to get to the army for sure. I've never used a Bosspole for just boyz but then again I always run them in huge amounts Smile.

Sorry if this comes across as being a douche, but I actually really like your army. You said this is a noob list, but it has some really cool stuff and really awesome elements, so I just kind of wanted to explain my opinions on stuff. I just started playing 40k when the Black reach box came in so I'm still Noobish but I've gotten over 20 games in with the stuff with lots of variations. I really want to know how your lootas do, I've been thinking of picking some up to try a shoota army. Right now I'm much more get in ya face and stompin! I'll post the list I used against kaeden today on another thread in a little bit Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.yottaquest.com
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:07 pm

MatthewD wrote:
Quote :
44 Boyz:

I don't exactly understand this, I didn't think you could take 2 nobs for a Mob of boyz even if their were 30 of em.

I'm assuming he just lumped the sluggas and shootas together, and is going to field them in two 13-boy squads.

A kombi-skorcha is always awesome. Handheld heavy flamer right before charging.
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 10:09 am

NEW ONE:

1 Warboss, Eavy Armor, PKlaw, Shoota/Scorcha (just built it), Bosspole

8 Lootas

44 Boyz:
- 12 Shootas w/ 1 Rocket and 1Nob w/ Choppa & Bosspole
-13 Sluggas w/ 1 BigShoota, 1 Nob w/ PK & Bosspole
-13 Sluggas w/ 1 BigShoota, 1 Nob w/ PK & Bosspole

2 Deff Coptas w/ TLRockets

1 Looted Rhino - w/ Big Shoota & Scorcha
(either a transport or a moving shield)
I could just make this a trukk, and add more boys.

749 points
Back to top Go down
Lost Boyz
Neophyte
Lost Boyz

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 3:12 pm

I ran this list last weekend, against and 'speedy' ork list.

Got a tactical tie (not bad for my first game, but I got a bit of advice), I lost more points than my opponent. I ran all the sluggas in one big mob. They worked hard and were GONE by the end. My Lootas did some damage, but lost a morale roll and fled right when they were needed. maybe I have to bring more. First I gotta buy more.

Coptas definately earned their points, since my opponent had vehicles. The Shootas saved the day. Whoever suggested my Warboss pack a combi-weapon burna: thanks. That worked great.

The looted wagon was kinda meh. The best thing it did was keep his unit of tankbustas busy chasing it. It was disabled by the end, but kept the Bustas out of the battle.

Think this list will hold up against Marines?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest   750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest Empty

Back to top Go down

750 (more) Orkz for YouknowwhereQuest
Page 1 of 1