CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area] Empty
PostSubject: TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area]   TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area] EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 10:04 am

Hey all
I realize it's not even Halloween yet
BUT

It's that time of year for the Marine Corps reserves collection for
TOYS FOR TOTS

As someone who is working in an innner city recreation center (Walnut Hills) I can tell you, many parents are already fretting over what to offer their families
these toys are greatly needed and appriciated

It's simple- You go to YOTTA QUEST in Mt Healthy and drop off a NEW, UNWRAPPED Toy in the bin and Viola'!
you make some childs Christmas better

Reccomended items:
    Board Games
    Stuffed animals
    Action Figures
    Infant toys
    Play sets
    Craft kits
    Bath Toys
    Nerf
    Card games
    Crayons or paints

Last edited by The Madman on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area]   TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area] EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 am

I whole heartedly support this idea. While I was in the Marines I got to see some of the good cheer these toys bring those families. Please help support toy for tots. It is a great way to bring a smile to a child's face. Its not just the Marine Corps reserve it's the entire Marine Corps.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area]   TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area] EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 11:34 am

Madman, take a look at this thread:

https://cincycag.forumotion.com/the-open-house-f8/election-weirdness-warriors-voting-t1844.htm

I've told people on two other gaming forums that if they don't know what charity to donate to - then I'd prefer it be TOYS FOR TOTS.

Three or four years ago,someone who looks a lot like me (but white hair & beard) would help out TOYS for TOTS at a STAR TREK Con in the Indianapolis area every Thanksgiving weekend. Now tht I have to work every year that weekemd I ..or rathger he doesn't get to do that .

It was really cool to see the U.S. Marines and Klingon Santa working to gether collecting toys.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area]   TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area] EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Hopefully foundations like this aren't affected TOO much by the economic fiasco that is the United States.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area]   TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area] Empty

Back to top Go down

TOYS FOR TOTS [Greater Cincinnati area]
Page 1 of 1