CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Guardians Call...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

The Guardians Call... Empty
PostSubject: The Guardians Call...   The Guardians Call... EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 12:51 pm

For many millennia the guardians have watched over the peaceful lands of the North. Each generation passed the legacy on to the worthy, the brave, and the unfailing. To be a guardian is to be a shining beacon amongst the darkness. Through watchful eyes the guardians oversee the inner workings of society, culture, and politics. While no member will ever hold a title over anyone they all answer to one: Heroes. The guardians themselves own no lands, titles, or property but the whole of the group is more than well equipped and has at their disposal many resources usually not available to many.
From a child you have been very aware of the guardians, because the guardians must choose the legacy at a very early age so that each guardian can be brought up with like minded morals and skills to assist in their endeavors. Each child is given many simple tests whilst growing to constantly groom them and allow them to ascertain their destiny and which will best serve the needs of the guardians. Those that show aptitude for Magic will be further tested and groomed to a specialized role. Those that show great aptitude for martial skills will eventually find their destiny in a warrior’s role as a guardian. Those with the stealth abilities will follow their path to the workings of shadows.
The guardians are gathered into groups by the needs of the region. Each group consists of several cover guilds, Adventurer, Magic, Combatant, and Theatre. The guilds are overseen by guardians but contain mainly non guardian members who have no clue of the true intent of the guild, save for the Theatre Guild. Those of the Theatre guild make up the bards, rogues, and secret agents of the guardians. The guilds are the best source for information for the guardians. The income generated thru the guilds also helps maintain the needs of the guardians.
The guardians consist of many different races, sexes, and cultural backgrounds. But each is chosen for their specific abilities and backgrounds. Most guardians are exposed to as many other cultures during their upbringing as possible to better prepare them for the future. Every guardian is taught at least some rudimentary skills in soldiering, as each member has served a minimum of 1 year garrisoned at many of the outposts throughout the regions. The guardians are all too happy when a particular group of people work well together and often allow them to remain as a group. Although as a guideline no one group can be more than 6 persons although they frequently try to cap at 5 so as to not draw too much attention to themselves.
Each task will be examined and the severity is weighed upon. If it is considered light work then the younger less experienced Guardians will be called into action. The more perilous the job the more experienced guardians will go. The counsel makes all final decisions as to who will complete the task at hand. The appropriate resources will be given and on they will go.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: The Guardians Call...   The Guardians Call... EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 2:56 pm

I will step forth from the shadows and ask what shall be thy bidding my borther.

First of this is not some cheesey Renfest, so you don't need the thy....
second what is a brorther?

Yes this is the opening to a 4th ed D&D campaign!

Lemme know who is interested, what they have in mind to play...etc.

I just got the books 2 weeks ago and I am trying to learn the new system.
I will most likely play on friday or saturday nights at my home in Milford, Sorry no RPG at stores for me, too many distractions...
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: The Guardians Call...   The Guardians Call... EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Magic. Nuff said
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: The Guardians Call...   The Guardians Call... EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Sounds right up my alley. Too bad I won't be around for another 7 months or so. Sad day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Guardians Call...   The Guardians Call... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Guardians Call...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Role Playing Games-
Jump to: