CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Empty
PostSubject: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 am

So, I got my Warboss yesterday, and today I thought I'd share the progress with what I was able to do last night with it. The assembly was EXTREMELY easy, and the painting seems to be going really well so far as well Smile

Here is the bag (from the auction):
Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal 567b_1

So, when I got home last night, I dove right into cleaning up the parts... Well, after dinner of course....

These are the parts I started with (though I had already attached the head and a few parts on his arm at this point):
Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbossstage1

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Bikestage1

After about 2 hours of assembly, I was able to get it to this point:
Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbossstage2

I have not attached the bike to the base, nor the warboss to the bike yet, as I want to paint all of the extraneous details before I bring them all together permanently.

Then, after some primer and some paint, here is where he stands right now Smile :
Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbossonbikeprimed

I REALLY like this model, and so far it's been a blast to work on. Too bad I only have one to do!
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:32 am

Great looking model..

so far as is painted and such he reminds me of an orky version of the Mad Max bad guy rofl
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Shocked lol!

I would have never thought of that, but, yeah, he does! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 am

Well, my ADD/OCD habits are kicking in again, and I worked diligently last night painting! I'd have to say that this has been, by far, the model that I've enjoyed working on the most (used the be the Macharius Vulcan I have, but that's moved aside now). Anyhow, I love how the resin takes paint, as this has to be one of the easiest to paint on as well. Plastic just doesn't have the texture to make it seem like it's looking the way I want it to....

Anyhow, without much further ado, my Wazdakka Gutsmek character, forgeworld model, 90% painted:

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbossfront2

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbossside

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbossleft

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbossfront

He's definitely not done yet, I've got a lot of detail work left to do, but I think he's turning out really well! Smile
Back to top Go down
Redmaw
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 9:58 am

Looks really good! I can't believe how fast you've been doing this, it normally takes me a week to what you've done in basically a day.

Are you going to make head wounds more noticeable? Possibly some pinks and purples to make the open wounds more noticeable, or is it old wounds (not familiar with his fluff, just know he doesn't like wulfen too much).

I just love his expression and how you did his eye, it's perfect, looks like he's just staring down a poor guardsman about to whack his head off. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:03 am

Not sure yet. I'll probably touch it up a bit and make it stand out more. I don't think there's any fluff that says that he has to have a scar like that, it's just the way the Forgeworld model is.... I also don't have any flaming skulls for it, either, but I'm not sure if I want to cobble something together and make the overall model look worse because of it.

Yeah, I normally have to take a lot more time to paint guys like this, but for some reason I've been in overdrive. I really didn't want to rush it, as it's going to be the centerpiece of my Ork army (yea for being able to take Warbikers as troop choices!! Smile ), but I haven't felt like I was rushing it. Matter of fact, it seems like I've been working on it a long time.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Dude that is one sick model I love it. Great job. I think you need to put the skulls on it. It's just not Wazdakka without it man. I mean come on its from his greatest achievement of taking out a Reaver all by himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 2:37 am

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:57 am

JT, I'll think about the skulls. The only reason I'm hesitant is that I don't know if I can do the rest of the model justice with doing flaming skulls. I'm not all that great at painting fire, and I could see it ending badly if I tried, screwed the model up, then failed. Maybe if I can do some skulls separately then if they turn out well, include them in the model, that might work... I'll have to ponder that....

Anyhow, I got the rest of the details worked out, and took some pics with the other warbikers that I have (though, I'll need to get some biker bases for them):

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbikergang

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbikergang2

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Warbikergang3
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:58 am

Wow, I don't think I realized how big that bike really was. It looks crazy awesome next to regular bikes.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:03 am

That is one sick bike man. I love the detailing and JMarv is right that thing is huge and so is he compared to the other bikers.

I would definitely craft the flaming skulls separate and then attach them to the bike once you have made what it is your are looking for.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:26 am

That's one reason I had to have it, the size of it, I mean. It's a beast Smile And, the fact that I can take Warbikers as troops helps to justify it as well Twisted Evil I'm going to be posting a troop list here soon that I'm working on, and he'll be included. But, yeah, I'd have to figure out if the skulls on the Ghost Rider model from the Hero clix will be what I want to use, or if I'm going to have to find a mini out there somewhere that has a flaming skull.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal   Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal Empty

Back to top Go down

Ork Warboss on Warbike WIP Journal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: