CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question on space marines

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brettfncoleman
Neophyte
brettfncoleman

question on space marines Empty
PostSubject: question on space marines   question on space marines EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 2:35 pm

well i ahve this idea of makeing a space marine company of out of a collection of marines form various chapters, theyd have a battleship monestary and the force would be a large group of marines form various chapters that have over the years gotten lost in the warp and have banded together to find their way across the universe, fighting xenos all along the way.

i was wondering a.) would this be a possible thing in the 40k universe because im not really that familiar with it and b.) i think that some of the various chapters hold grudges or are feuding with others which would mean they wouldnt band together so i would say theyd be impossible to include in my army. if possible could someone list some of the usable shapters or give me a site that would show me chapter backrounds and such? any help is appreciated
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: question on space marines   question on space marines EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 2:54 pm

Gears are moving..

Not sure how that would fit, but it would be your army afterall, right?

..plus all that painting Wink

I had a similar idea but using a Renegade Chapter with the Chaos codex. Not the Red Corsairs mind you, but painting the various chapters as you mentioned and then slashing up the armour. They would be modeled with small bitz of Chaos goodies (think 13th company..ish)

Anyways, I'm sure others will chime in, but good luck..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: question on space marines   question on space marines EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 9:40 am

You might want to read up on Chaos renegades, the red corsairs, are made up of lots of x loyal marines. The fluff fitswhat you want. Outside of that, I don't know if it's a good idea. Say if you had space wolves, blood angles, and black templars in the same unit, people may get confused, as to what codex you are using.
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: question on space marines   question on space marines EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:46 pm

An army like this is definitely possible, and even flavorful! Space Marine chapters definitely move and fight separately most of the time. However, during crusades, the forces of the Imperium band together in great armies and mix it up. Thus, an army composed of many different Chapters is most likely a Crusading army. Such an army would be pretty cool, and you could go to town with different chapters joining in on the fun. Of course, some chapters have big grudges against other chapters (Space Wolves vs. Dark Angels come to mind), but most of these chapters have their own Codex anyways, so you wouldn't be able to field them with normal Marines.

Crusading units could come from any chapter, but here are some suggestions:
- Ultramarines
- Imperial Fists
- Raven Guard
- Salamanders
- Black Templars (they're the quintessential crusading chapter, and they have their own codex, but you could use Sword Brethren as Vanguard Veterans and stick 'em in a Land Raider Crusader and call it a day).
- Any other frickin' chapter you can find or dream up! An army like this is a great excuse to come up with sweet backgrounds and color schemes!

On the other hand, if you're looking for a "lost in the warp" kind of feel, none of the well known chapters would really give you the image you're looking for. There was a Chapter Approved article in White Dwarf some years ago that talked about "cursed Chapters," or Chapters that for some reason or another got unlucky or fell from grace. Most of these chapters have disappeared into the Warp or have otherwise fallen off the grid, so these cursed chapters might be just what you're looking for. If you made a force of these Marines your army would truly be unique!

I can't remember all of the Chapters involved, but here are a few:
- The Lamenters
- The Fire Hawks
- The Legion of the Damned (this Chapter is especially appropriate, because they have their own army list entry now, and they're hard as nails!)

If the "cursed Chapter" thing is more of what you're going for, I could dig through my stacks of WD's and see if I could find that issue for you.

Hope my advice has given you some ideas!
Back to top Go down
brettfncoleman
Neophyte
brettfncoleman

PostSubject: Re: question on space marines   question on space marines EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 1:02 pm

thanks gusy you have been a big help i liek both the cursed and crusading ideas so now i just have to pick which i wanna do outta that lol
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: question on space marines   question on space marines EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 5:07 pm

I do remember there was something like this, except the Marines were stuck on a planet fighting Chaos. I think it was in Dead Sky, Black Sun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question on space marines   question on space marines Empty

Back to top Go down

question on space marines
Page 1 of 1