CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My imperial guard list....of cheese.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

My imperial guard list....of cheese. Empty
PostSubject: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 6:20 am

Ok so I recently got hooked up with a new group of players here in Texas and they play to win hard core, so please excuse the cheese of this list.

If you any of you follow the GTs you might be familier with this list, its pretty much the flavor of the month for guard, or so iv seen.

1750 Points
160 guys
Drop Troops, Close Order Drill, Special Weapons Squads, and Veterans.

Command Platoon:
Command Squad (81 Points)
Junior Officer with Boltgun, 4 guards with Plasma Guns.

Special Weapon Support Squad (80 Points)
3 guards with Lasgun, 3 guards with Meltaguns.

Special Weapon Support Squad (80 Points)
3 guards with Lasgun, 3 guards with Meltaguns.

Hardened Veterans:
2 Veteran with Lasgun, 3 Veterans with Plasma Gun, Veteran Sergeant has Boltgun. (84 Points)

Hardened Veterans:
2 Veteran with Lasgun, 3 Veterans with Plasma Gun, Veteran Sergeant has Boltgun. (84 Points)

Hardened Veterans:

Infantry Platoon:
Infantry Squad (85 Points)
8 guards with Lasgun, 1 guard with Plasma Gun, 1 with Missile Launcher.

Infantry Platoon:

Infantry Platoon:

Infantry Platoon:

Infantry Platoon:
8 guards with Lasgun, 1 guard with Plasma Gun, 1 with Missile Launcher.\

Sorry for the bad copy and paste job but im tired, anyway you get the jyst, 5 full platoons armed with plasma and missile launchers. 2 special weps armed with meltas, 3 veteran teams half of each team with a plasma. and the 6 command squads I have have a 4-1 plasma ratio.

Note this is the insane marine killer list, in my casual list, I opt out for a more varity of special weapons, usually two flamers for depending on the mission if I know im dropping some squads close they will bring the flame, sometimes a team with a melta, juss for extra tank hunter.

I dont sub out heavy weapons much, usually only auto cannons, lascannons arnt needed with this list and are too expensive, heavy bolters seem pointless in the rain of las fire given their high ap and since missile have a frag round that I prefer for flexibility and the morter, dont even get me started on the damn morter... I hate morters ok? Id take a basilisk way before I took a morter team.

List overall does awesome, and even when I loose its freaking awesome.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 6:23 am

I would play this list almost anyday... looks fun to fight... hehe least it almost does...
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 6:25 am

altahara wrote:
I would play this list almost anyday... looks fun to fight... hehe least it almost does...

Well when you consider I loose about 25 guys on average to plasma over heats, yeah its fun.

But I usually make back double the points as my guard are 6-8 points and most things are double to triple that.

i have not had time to read 5th edition yet, I have a feeling I am going to have to change this list dramatically.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:06 am

not really.. in my opinoin.. it actually helps you ALOT with not having the sweeping advances into the next squad.. all you have to remember is set up your lines right, keep the heavy weapons up front dont put other troops in front of them, and noone gets cover saves...
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:37 am

Drop Troops altahara so really no lines of sorts..

Probably a bit too much Plasma seeing as it is still a Guardsman pulling the trigger and cover saves are everywhere.
I'd bring in more Flamers and Meltas with the increase of Orks and Mech armies.

That said, if you are building this from scratch I'd hold off since the new Codex is just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:49 am

i figured he would be setting the units with the missile launchers up on the firld and dropping in the plasma squads.. that way there is the most effective use of heavy firepower first turn
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 9:27 am

Depends on the opponent/mission I suppose. Drop close for all that rapid fire goodness or stay back for a single missile...
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 9:35 am

A lot of Ig armys that are "play to win" have a bunch of Leman russes, backed up by hell hounds and chimeras, or drop troops loaded with melta/flamer goodness, also using armored fists and storm-troopers as troops to cut back on kill points a little. I would think about adding a DH Elite Inquisitor with two mystics and a psy-cannon. That way you can take free leman russ/heavy wepon shots at deepstrikers. Taking the santuary power vs daemons is so broken I wouldn't do it even to somebody I Hated.
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Ah a drop troop plasma/melta guard list. Fun things. Only thing it's missing is those Suicide Detonation Packets for one final "Screw You I killed 3x my points with this squad"
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 7:02 pm

Not with the current codex, the demo charge is highly not worth it in my opinion, not to mention that would be one less meltagun for my special weapons teams.

Iv read some of the rumors for the new codex, when is it due out?

Also im regards to mech armies, I generally chop them to pieces, the plasma + missile works great against transports and meltas dont really help if they are already that close.
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Sexiest_hero wrote:
A lot of Ig armys that are "play to win" have a bunch of Leman russes, backed up by hell hounds and chimeras, or drop troops loaded with melta/flamer goodness, also using armored fists and storm-troopers as troops to cut back on kill points a little. I would think about adding a DH Elite Inquisitor with two mystics and a psy-cannon. That way you can take free leman russ/heavy wepon shots at deepstrikers. Taking the santuary power vs daemons is so broken I wouldn't do it even to somebody I Hated.

Ew I soo disagree. I think many people naturally assume tanks are the best way to go and I believe that is a big mistake. I will admit they fair better on average for newer players but its a one trick pony. If any type of anti tank combat squads gets into the thick, they become a glutton for points.

Raptors, big tyranids, gene stealers, space marines with jetpacks all that.

I would also say it depends on the group your in. I'd say if you play more casual, most people won't have their lists set to handle larger than normal amounts of armor. Most the lists I play against in Texas always incorporate anti armor. As mentioned before my most hated has been raptors with melta bombs.

I always play to my strengths. For the imperial guard that is numbers with special and heavy weapons hidden in the ranks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My imperial guard list....of cheese.   My imperial guard list....of cheese. Empty

Back to top Go down

My imperial guard list....of cheese.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: