CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ig vs Tau- Slaughter on a mad world! pt1 (fluff heavy)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Ig vs Tau- Slaughter on a mad world! pt1 (fluff heavy) Empty
PostSubject: Ig vs Tau- Slaughter on a mad world! pt1 (fluff heavy)   Ig vs Tau- Slaughter on a mad world! pt1 (fluff heavy) EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 4:12 pm

I brought a modified version of my sniper list.

Doctrines: Ratlings, special weapon teams, close order drill, light infantry, chameleoline,

Command Platoon @ 562 Pts
Command Squad @ [117] Pts
Cameleoline
1 Heroic Senior Officer @ [75] Pts
Cameleoline; Laspistol; Power Weapon
2 Guardsmen @ [32] Pts
Cameleoline; Lasgun (x1); Mortar
1 Standard Bearer @ [11] Pts
Cameleoline
1 Medic @ [11] Pts
Cameleoline; Medi-pack
6 Anti-Tank Squad @ [130] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Lasgun (x3); Lascannon (x3)
6 Anti-Tank Squad @ [115] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Lasgun (x3); Missile Launcher (x3)
6 Fire Support Squad @ [115] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Lasgun (x3); Autocannon (x3)
6 Special Weapon Squad @ [85] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Lasgun (x3); Sniper Rifle (x3)

10 Ratlings @ 110 Pts
Sniper Rifle

#1 Infantry Platoon @ 331 Pts
Command Squad @ [141] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry
1 Junior Officer @ [85] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Honorifica Imperialis; Medallion Crimson; Power Weapon
1 Honorifica Imperialis @ [25] Pts
3 Guardsmen @ [36] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Lasgun (x2); Mortar
1 Medic @ [26] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Medallion Crimson; Medi-pack
9 Infantry Squad @ [95] Pts
Cameleoline; Close Order Drill; Light Infantry; Lasgun (x7); Plasmagun; Sniper Rifle
1 Sergeant @ [6] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Laspistol & CCW
Cameleoline; Close Order Drill; Light Infantry; Lasgun (x7); Plasmagun; Sniper Rifle
1 Sergeant @ [6] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry; Laspistol & CCW

#2 Infantry Platoon @ 291 Pts
0 Command Squad @ [101] Pts
Cameleoline; Light Infantry
1 Junior Officer @ [45] Pts
Cameleoline; Power Weapon
3 Guardsmen @ [36] Pts
Cameleoline; Lasgun (x2); Mortar
1 Medic @ [26] Pts
Cameleoline; Medallion Crimson
1 Sergeant @ [6] Pts
Cameleoline; Laspistol & CCW
1 Sergeant @ [6] Pts
Cameleoline; Laspistol & CCW

1 Leman Russ Demolisher @ 160 Pts
Extra Armour; Demolisher Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter

296 Pts - Daemonhunters Roster - 252

1 Inquisitor Lord @ 211 Pts
Power Weapon (x1); Psycannon; Psychic Hood; Purity Seals; Refractor Field; Targeter
1 Acolyte @ [8] Pts
Laspistol (x1); Close combat weapon (x1)
1 Mystic @ [6] Pts
Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon
1 Mystic @ [6] Pts
1 Sage @ [10] Pts
1 Warrior @ [25] Pts
Gun Servitor
1 Gun Servitor @ [15] Pts
Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Heavy Bolter (x1); Targeter
1 Warrior @ [25] Pts
Gun Servitor
1 Gun Servitor @ [15] Pts
Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Heavy Bolter (x1); Targeter

1 Daemonhosts @ 85 Pts

Opponent Had 3 broad sides, a couple of units of fire warriors, some vespids, 2 units of kroot, a hammer-head, a devil fish, some sniper drone thingies, and a nifty stealth unit.

The mission was table quarters, and objectives. On tau side of the board He had an hug Imperial building on the left. a smaller brown building and a hill to the far right. Spread out in the middle was a tank trap on the left, a small rock formation in the middle left, and a sand bagged trench in the middle, and some cactus thing on the middle right. On my side had a good sized mound on my left and brown building on the far right.

Deployment: The Tau castled up around the the big Imperial building with the broadsides on the roof a stealth unit on the second floor, and fire warriors, the Tau commander (More on this guy later), kroot, vespid and another stealth team ringed the front and right side of the building with the devil fish and hammer head covering the left side. I won't lie It was an very intimidating sight to behold, and I was shaken by all the mean guns.

I was shaken, but not stirred quite yet, Most of my army had infiltrators, My first Ace up my sleeve. Alas the broadsides have a view of everything, and his tight deployment made for no good spots to sneak in so a was effectively push back, falling back on plan B, I decided to surround the Tau. and blast their compound from every angle in the laws of psychics.

My command H.Q. hid behind the mound on my left, the Special weapons sniper unit hung out beside the same mound. The ML and LC heavy weapons team cluttered together around left of the the rock formation, trying to draw beads on the skimmers, an guard unit settled in on the right side. another guard unit hunkered down behind the trenches. Then I made my first major mistake. I placed my ratlings between the trench and cactus. I wanted to get their fancy cover save so I when and plunked my Platoon command in front of them, and then put my heavy bolter servitor Inquisitor behind them. thus removing the point of putting a mortar in the Command squad, and at the same time, giving the tau cover saves against the heavy bolters. After that I hid a Guard squad behind the cactus. I hid my tank behind the brown building on my side to hide it from the broadsides and hammer head, My second platoon command rested behind the brown building on the upper right, with the daemon host not far behind. The last Guard unit, sat on the far upper right hill covering the AC weapons team behind them. With that I had stretched from the bottom left to the upper right of the table.

So I had lost table edge, deployment and first turn, and failed to take the Int, all I could hope was that my plan to box the tau in worked , and that i survived the first turn.

Now with that out of the way here goes.

Noxxis ad become a Feral world. It's people turning on each other in a strange kind of blood lust. Radial Inquisitor lord Keitto Von Gustav had been sent to Investigate (and hopefully die on) the Mad planet. He had "commandeered" the services of the Free corps Legionnaires,a regiment made up of unstable and shell shocked recruits from other armies who weren't quite off enough to warrant Execution, and headed by Major Hilga, (whom was rumored to be Half Ogryn). She had taken a Instant Liking to the Inquisitor, who in turn made sure he stayed locked up in he room. guarded by his servitors and acolyte for fear of life and limb.

They had landed On the outskirts of the Main hive, when things had began to go awry, Vox systems were un able to broadcast or receive, and some of the men had become Paranoid, Scuffles had broken out between guards men for no good reason. their eyes red rimmed and blood shot. Only the bolt pistols of the commissar kept thens from going out of control.

Inquisitor Keitto had more to worry about when At the out-skirts Of Hive city Lorion. They happened on the tau. The Guards-men clutched their las-rifles nervously as the Leader suit shot forward on twin jet streams. landing 200 feet away from Keitto, after a moment. He patted his head and shook it franticly. The Inquisitor shook his head, not understanding. The Xenos patted the side of his helmet and made an listing motion. Intrigued keitto turn on his vox com, though he was sure it was dead. After a moment A Hectic voice cut through the static. "Human You mus-... we must flee, this plac-..Is death....Do not remov- your.." Loud wails cut though the vox, A hundred, hundred screams at once, and underneath, the slightest hint of something chuckling softly. His left eardrum busted and bleeding Keitto's hand went to remove his helm, But something stopped him a 6the sense...something in what the Tau commander had said. For his part the Tau commander Clutched both hands to his head shaking it furiously. Both armies,having not heard what had transpired, saw what looked like their Leaders under attack from each other and leapt at once to their aid. At this the Tau commander flew back to his lines weaving gracefully around las-gun and pulse fire. He looked back and met the Inquisitors gaze. One must protect he men, the other complete his mission, sadly this could only end one way.
Back to top Go down

Ig vs Tau- Slaughter on a mad world! pt1 (fluff heavy)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Battle Reports-
Jump to: