CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction and some questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gam321
Neophyte

Introduction and some questions Empty
PostSubject: Introduction and some questions   Introduction and some questions EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:16 am

Hello all,

I have been out of gaming for almost a decade, but I have recently become interested in getting back into the hobby.

When I was playing most of my time was spent in:

DBA
ACW (Fire and Fury)
WH Fantasy
WH 40K
Blood Bowl
Battletech

However, it has been a long time and I am sure much has changed in the last decade. Any recommendations on games or locations to look at? I am in Cheviot and plan on stopping by UUAW this weekend to see what is going on. The Flames of War league and the 40K league look interesting, but I am not really in a spot to spend a few hundred $ on figures and paint just to get started in a league now. I would love a chance to meet and play a few games casually to see what I am really interested in.

Thanks,
Geoff
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and some questions   Introduction and some questions EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 6:45 am

Welcome! You have come to the right place! and UU&A will help in saving you money with their U-card. That and Kendall Kicks ass!

What armies do you like to play?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and some questions   Introduction and some questions EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 7:05 am

welcome.

Unfortunately both FoW and 40k have higher $ entry points.

Id behappy o split my force to get some smaller point games in for 40k.

check out yottaquest for a large selection o f FoW. I think they play on Fridays.
If you click the link in my signature the TTG site has some dba players. They seem to have a lot of events in the Columbus area.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and some questions   Introduction and some questions EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Well seeing the Assault on Black reach box set really helps getting into 40K reletively cheaper than years past.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and some questions   Introduction and some questions EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and some questions   Introduction and some questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction and some questions
Page 1 of 1