CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)

Go down 
+2
Makari
Mendin
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) Empty
PostSubject: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 am

This is for the RTT this weekend at the Bookery. Any thoughts would be appreciated:

Chaplain in Term Armour 130 pts

Tac Squad (10)w/ Drop Pod: 210 pts
Missle Launcher
Flamer
Sgt w/ Melta Bombs.

Tact Squad (10) w/Rhino: 225 pts
Missle Lancher
Flamer
Sgt w/ Power Weapon, bolt pistol and melta bombs.

Assault Squad (10) w/ Jumppacks: 205
Sgt w/ power weapon and bolt pistol

Dreadnaught: 130
Assault Cannon
Extra Armor

Thunderfire Cannon: 100pts
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Where would the Termie Chaplain go in that army?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:43 pm

I'd personally prefer to have the Dreadnought in the Drop pod than the squad,
and as I said to JPitt as well only 2 scoring units?

And has there been anything said about the drop pods being a free kill point because it is "immobilized" or anything of the sorts just wondering, haven't looked but I guess I should huh.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 2:19 pm

The drop pod can easily switch between the units or the dread. Anythougts about the thunderfire cannon in the dread? Not sure how that would work out.

Yea....Not sure where the chappy is going to go. Depends on the scenario. Most likely he can Deepstrike w/ the assault marines. (I think his terminator armor let's him do that).

As for scoring units I figured if I needed to score I could split between 4 combat squads but squads die mighty quick.

Most of the selections are b/c that is what I'll have painted. If I can finish my terminators up I'd consider substituting them for the assault marines.
Back to top Go down
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:41 am

Still working out the kinks to my own army but i would agree that it'd prob be better to put the dread in the drop pod and either having the squad hoof it or something like that. Having never used thunderfire cannon my thoughts would be place it in the rear of your army and let it reek hell from afar. With a 60" range i mean you dont need to be that close.... Only problem i can see from the termie chaplain with the assault squad is if you put him with it you lose the intense 18" movement threat range. If you do finish hte termies i'd probably swap them for the squad or pick up a chaplain with a jumppack. I've had decent luck with them....and not so decent luck.... Very Happy But hey play it and if it works great if not....MORE LISTS!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
Kibbles_The_Living_WIP
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Would it not be more sensible to have a Chaplain with a jump pack, works amazing with an asault squad. it can get their abilities bosted to top notch, AND free up the points cost, you need a Chap/JP, not a Term for this army, if you REALLY want the 2+ get a captain in Artificer armour. but the JP suits this army down to earth, not restricting your movment with what seems to be a mobile army.
Back to top Go down
Ricter
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Thunderfire cannons are almost always a bad idea, they're extremely vulnerable to enemy fire, especially deepstrikers.

Deepstriking assault marines sounds great on paper, but you pretty much never want to do it. They get to sit on their butts for a turn while the enemy shoots them. Instead, just jump them from behind cover.

Since your ASM shouldn't be ds'ing, your chappy needs a pack.

Meltabombs are a waste of points. If you really want meltas in those squads, scrounge the points for meltaguns.

Missile launchers are great at doing lots of things very poorly, compared to the other weapon options. I'd highly suggest you consider trading them out. This basically comes from the fact that glances are much less potent than previously.

Extra Armor really does not belong on a dreadnought when your transports don't already have it. If it was an Ironclad or Furioso, okay, but a regular dread doesn't need the armor, he does just fine shooting. He should probably get a new gun - Assault Cannons were so last codex. (terrible joke aside, my point is the same)

I think you'd have a lot more success with something like this:

Chaplain w/ JP 115 pts

Tac Squad (10): 180 pts
Lascannon
Flamer
Sgt.

Tact Squad (10) w/Rhino w/Extra Armor: 235 pts
Multi-Melta
Flamer
Sgt w/ Power Weapon, bolt pistol.

Assault Squad (10) w/ Jumppacks: 205
Sgt w/ power weapon and bolt pistol

Dreadnaught w/ Drop Pod: 150
Multi-Melta

Leaves you 115 points for further goodness. If you have the models and bits, I'd suggest a MM/HF speeder (70) and pfists on all three sergeants (10+10+25=45). Or leave the footslogging tac sgt naked and give the rhino tac a meltagun, whatever.

Also, I figured you really couldn't change models/squads that much, so I tried to keep suggestions in light of that. Might want to list what options you have available, if we're not suggesting anything good.
Back to top Go down
Ghazkhull
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:25 pm

I have absolutely zero help for your topic here, but I just HAVE to say this:

If I were the tourney organizer, you would win simply for the fact that you named your chapter "Sh*t Eagles".

Ghazkhull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)   Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sh*t Eagles (1000 pt Space Marine)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: