CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Salamanders Terminator Captain

Go down 
+3
Affliction
Bojesphob
wittdooley
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Salamanders Terminator Captain Empty
PostSubject: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:36 pm

So. I'm putting together a Salamanders Terminator Captain (you know, just in case I ever want to use one---I've got a ton of extra models....).

What do you guys think, fluff wise, would be appropriate for him to have in terms of weaponry? I'm giving serious consideration to dual Thunder Hammers... is this too ridiculous? Again, I'm focusing on the fluffworthiness of it all. It would give him 4 attacks (though at I1) but seems feasible, as captains can't take flamers or meltas (I'm not including combis because they're only one shooters).

I'm really not concerned about costs. Whaddaya think?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 8:44 am

How about a Thunderhammer and a heavy flamer? lol
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:40 am

Fluff wise it would never fly having two TH, they like many other weapons are very rare. Even as a Chapter Master I would think fluff wise they would want as many relics/rare weapons out amongst their army as possible and not horde them. Like everything you could explain it away as to why he has them but really I would go with the combi-flamer more often than not unless a Special Character is armed with a storm bolter they usually have a master-crafted combi of some type. I know this is just a normal Captain, but fluff wise it is probably your best option, and really for commanders there really aren't many options available.
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 am

Hmm... Like I said, I'd have LOVED to give him some sort of flamer or melta as his NORMAL weapon..but the captain rules don't allow it. I guess I was trying to be nice and liberal with the fact that fluff tells us that Sallies, due to their use of forges and history as blacksmiths, have an unusually high number of master crafted weapons and artificer armour. C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:59 pm

If you're all about terminators and thunder hammers then do it. I would.

But the most badass thing is a captain with a bike, artificer armor, a thunder hammer and storm shield. Give him a bike command squad with the same things. It's like nob bikers but better.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah....but Sallies don't use bikes. The volcanic terrain of Nocturne doesn't allow it.

Oh yeah... if anyone has any recommendations on how to paint their skin (GW shows it as a pretty midnight black in the codex--which I'm not particularly fond of) I'm open to suggestions. Just remember that painting skin is one of my weak points.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Black skin is really hard. I can tell you this from experience painting loads of Dark Elves. You can't shade black because it's already all black. The trick is not actually painting it black at all.

Google Drizzt, Venom, Batman, Spawn and notice that those characters are actually drawn with lots of blues or greys most of the time.

I'm old school so I make my dark elves blue, but grey is the new fad. Whichever you go with it is the same process. Start with a dark shade and black wash it then highlight with progressively lighter shades.

I think you should go for it. I want to see charcoal space marines.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:50 pm

Mike Leon wrote:
If you're all about terminators and thunder hammers then do it. I would.

But the most badass thing is a captain with a bike, artificer armor, a thunder hammer and storm shield. Give him a bike command squad with the same things. It's like nob bikers but better.

No Bikes are better than Nobz on bikes lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Agreed!!
Back to top Go down
Kibbles_The_Living_WIP
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 6:22 am

Being Realistic, i agree with the statment 'They are very Rare' but salamanders are all about rare artifacts, Captain Hest'an of 4th company became forgefater, and has no less than 3 chapter relics. Captains are all about flame too.

If it was me, this is what i would do.

Shorten the thunderhgammers and give them a little extra detail, just a tad, to make them different from standard thunder patern issue hammers (Issued to terminators) and give him one in each hand. (Fluff wise, they are a Paired wepon, you can count them as a single master crafted TH if you wish, Re rolls in combat symbolising two, Or treat it as one.

For the flamer, I would add it to his wargear, lik altering his arm to have it undersling. or again, add it to his gantlets. It would make an interesting model. and since its a Termi, you have alot to work with, and i consider it much easier than a fiddly space marine :3.

Hope i have helped in 'some way'

~ Kibbs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salamanders Terminator Captain   Salamanders Terminator Captain Empty

Back to top Go down

Salamanders Terminator Captain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: