CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..

Go down 
+11
Ronniem11
archite666
Danny
altahara
wittdooley
Makari
Bojesphob
Mike Leon
wolfman
methoderik
Marc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:07 pm

Full 2nd squad pic..

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Secsquad
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Marc--the NMM gold looks superb. Well done, sir.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Thank you Mr Witt.. silver giving fits still Sad

So I probably raced a tad on the second squad APC knowing after this model all I have truly painted are two Troop choices. I scaled back the smoke launchers to black. I simply cannot handle large space silver, but I'll get there. I hope time permits me to get back to this pair as I don't want them to "drag" on the army..

The skulled guardsmen is all that remains of Joe's boys in blue now..

Rhino #2
Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Rhino2

70pts well spent..
Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Rhinopair
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Plenty of groundwork in the remaining army models but nothing completed enough for a pic update. With softball and hockey seasons out of the gate my paint time will be limited to hours of darkness.. we shall see
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm not happy at all with the stage this model is in, but sadly the push must go on as I rush thru the other components of the army. Time is no longer on my side Neutral ..a bit of extras to turn the Vindi "possessed" via chained hatches and rear ramp along with a tentacle thru the peephole made the piece a bit of fun.

Anyways, here is the first of three..

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Vindi
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 am

Diving back into things with my homemade Berserker. At the time of assemblage the CAG tourney was coming quickly and those purty ForgeWorld bitz would have to wait. Enter my Black Legion inspired lot. They all have the "skull" helmet and Khorne pad but taking a note from the Codex and bashing the colour scheme. Thoughts?

EDIT: completely missed a stage in painting the base Mad

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Zerker
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 8:03 pm

wow marc you are getting great!! Your nmm gold is very solid and trust me i know it's not easy. I can't do it at all. My only critique is the nmm silver. The highlights look a bit blochy and abrubt. I'm sure that will not be a problem soon though Wink . Also like the scheme. Overall a great quality troop.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 am

I hear ya.. I'm goofin with some new mixes to transition a bit smoother on that silver. Not sure why I'm comfortable with one and anxious about the other No
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Oblit WiP made from bashing the Chaos Term, Spawn and Marine Devastators.

A nod to Danny for green stuffin me some fleshy bitz.

I'll finish him up Tuesday as I'm working the next 3 days Sad

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Oblit1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Marc wrote:
Oblit WiP made from bashing the Chaos Term, Spawn and Marine Devastators.

A nod to Danny for green stuffin me some fleshy bitz.

I'll finish him up Tuesday as I'm working the next 3 days Sad

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Oblit1

He's going down tonight. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:15 am

John Gemrich wrote:
..really? ..so how did that work out for you? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:50 pm

Marc wrote:
John Gemrich wrote:
..really? ..so how did that work out for you? Wink

HE went down just fine. It is the rest of the army that was the problem. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:29 pm

It was close..

Thanks for the game and all the comments on the army John. We will have to do it again soon..
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Icon for the 3rd squad which is jooost about done..

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Icon
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 3:26 pm

I have one serious critique...

And this is a half hearted comment at best but, don't you think your guys look a little clean for chaos?

The painting is awesome but its just so neat and orderly.

"Hey Benzark The Man-raper, Were like 5 minutes away from eviscerating those followers of the false-god and man I gotta tell ya... You did a lack luster job on cleaning those trophies of The Blood God hanging from the rhino. So were gonna need you to go down to The Infernal Broom closet of agony and fetch some rags and a bottle of tormentuous.....uh... a bottle of anguishous.... A *****(Do not use profanity please...Makari) bottle of pine-sol alright? Get some rags and a bottle of pine-sol and get those skulls and entrails looking sharp. Needless to say, the Dark Lord would be pissed if he saw all that stuff just slung on the impaling spikes with no ryhme or reason. And when you get back, your going to help me alphabetize all these bones we got lying around, tried to find a human femur the other day and missed half of "16 and pregnant"
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 1:41 pm

archite666 wrote:
I have one serious critique...

And this is a half hearted comment at best but, don't you think your guys look a little clean for chaos?

The painting is awesome but its just so neat and orderly.

Thanks

Never thought that would be a bad thing Suspect

hmm.. maybe I can muck up some Plaguebearers for you.
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Well seriously, its so clean. The war trophies and stuff should be a little mucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 pm

I like them. To me... painting clean is a good step. Then you can take that and start to enhance your weathering etc. I clean painted figure (and army for that matter) is something you can always go back and enhance if you so choose.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:02 pm

..wtf ..couldn't find this topic for a few minutes there Embarassed

So we have some Lesser Daemons. I did not want to represent a specific Chaos God with models so went with some Dryads from the WFB range. I think its legit..plus did not want a Chaos God colour scheme nor simply more black next to the Legion. Worked up from dark flesh, vermin brown, etc and now they really do look like Dryads instead of the tentacle head daemons I visioned Neutral

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Dae
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:38 am

Very cool. I like the idea. they'd make great horror too.

I will admit that they look like bark demons and they are so well painted I would have also thought that was the lookyou were trying to achive.p

If you want them to be demons, what about some glazes...maybe with purples/reds?

I'd grab 1 and start playing. If you like it, you can apply to rest of the army.

You could also get a little Tamiya clear red (hobby town USA) and apply blood everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 am

Solid advice, definitely a heart in throat moment to smatter up the models.

I like the Tamiya advice and will nab that product for sure. That would give them a glossy, bloody look which sounds cool.

Thanks for the tip man..
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 pm

I think the dryad idea is really cool. What if you just bought some of the beastmen heads to go on future dryads and use those as lesser demons?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:34 pm

First of my Terminator unit.. a trophy kill atop from a certain brood

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 TermAF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:17 pm

son ofa b1tch.

It's on now.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:17 am

Laughing

..a grudge match for CAG Game 1 then ..I'll be easy pickings so this way my man here gets the points

I may just bring that red down a notch or two and call it a Sgt helmet from a certain chapter.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..   Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Legion Blog: May 20th - Pred, Dread & its a wrap..
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next