CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IG + Salamanders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

IG + Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: IG + Salamanders   IG + Salamanders EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:54 am

Now, I know that the Imperial Guard folks don't really have to have similar fighting styles to the Space Marine companies they support, but I'm trying to build my army nice and fluffy-like.

With that in mind, are there any particular IG regiments you all think would be best suited to work with the Salamanders. I can't decide if you'd want a regiment that compliments them in a yin/yang way, or one that has a fighting style similar to the Sallies.

Krieg seems pretty close to Sallies: tough, resililient, like to use meltas.
Tallarn seems like a good counter point: Quick, hit and run, use rockets/mortars.

Any thoughts/opinions?
Back to top Go down
guynamedFleck
Neophyte
guynamedFleck

IG + Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG + Salamanders   IG + Salamanders EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:01 am

The Steel Legion was introduced along with the Salamanders during the Third War for Armageddon. So they have fought along side each other before.
Back to top Go down
brettfncoleman
Neophyte
brettfncoleman

IG + Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG + Salamanders   IG + Salamanders EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:20 am

im not heavily familiar with the fluff but the tallarn(sp) dont really seem to me like they would work with the salamanders, im going purely on looks tho lol, bu the steel legion def seems like it would work well, especially given their parts in armagedon
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

IG + Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG + Salamanders   IG + Salamanders EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:51 am

Yeah, Steel Legion is actually what I think I'm going to be going for.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

IG + Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG + Salamanders   IG + Salamanders EmptyMon May 04, 2009 11:11 am

Witt, pig iron makes some gas mask heads that look almost like they could be used for steel legion. Though, thinking about it, they don't look exactly like Steel Iron when coupled with the Cadian bodies, but close enough for government work lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IG + Salamanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG + Salamanders   IG + Salamanders Empty

Back to top Go down

IG + Salamanders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Fluff Discussion-
Jump to: