CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

space wolves... bah!

Go down 
+5
Sexiest_hero
FrostWolf
kainthedragoonx
Mendin
altahara
9 posters
AuthorMessage
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

space wolves... bah! Empty
PostSubject: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:36 am

straight from BOLS..

Quote :
Rumors brought to the community by Warseer's: Shadowphract

Following up on last month's Spaces Wolves chatter, we get these little nuggets of Warhammer 40k joy fresh off the rumormill...

-If drop pods are taken, the whole army must take them.

-Bjorn the Fellhanded has AV14 on all sides, better stats.

-There is some mad Wulfen character, who has his own personal drop pod. He can choose who he fights in combat, like a challenge in WFB. No-one else can fight him apart from the person he's attacking, unless said model is killed, in which case his squad can then attack him.

-All rules for Named Characters have been rebuffed - all of them can take terminator armour for +50 points. All Named Characters models are getting re-done, if not for the actual release then in subsequent releases.

-Any character can take terminator for 50pts, which includes weapons.

-Runic weapons I believe function as Relic blades, but with something else quite snazzy.

-Wolf Guard (in terminator armour) with lightning claws rack up 6 attacks on the charge each. A very broken thing to do (think this ill be omitted from the final codex) is put them with Ragnar Blackmane, who gives them Fleet of foot and rending, though dont' quote me on rending.

-Wolf guard in terminator armour with lightning claws are costing 60 points.

-Individual Wolf Guard can replace squad leaders - all should look individual.

-No model in the SW codex at all has the option to take a thunderhammer and storm shield.

-Wolf Scouts won't be troops.

-Wulfen are back in and TH SS combo isn't an entry, I believe.

-Wolf Guard as squad leaders are goign to be very indivudiaul - they're encouragin player sot model each like a "captain" if you will - very individual - a veteran - personal trophies and the like.

-From the recent space marine models (barring Hestan) they are shaping up to be very nice. Complete overhaul - as it should be. Blackmane is getting redone. As is Logan Grimnar. And the Wolf Priest Character as well.

~Standard caveats on these, but BoLS has been hearing for some time, that the Space Wolves are coming this year. I'm liking the all or nothing drop-pod rule, to take the Wolves anti-teleportation superstition into account. The no TH/SS is also interesting, but maybe they could get some other new crazy viking combo like PW/SS or even TH/SB. finally the inclusion of Wulfen is a nice repreive for all of those 13th Company modelers and players. Have at it guys!
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 am

AV 14/14/14 Dreadnaught Character? Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:59 am

YAY! My codex is not going to be 10 years and two editions old! FINALLY! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:12 pm

I belive I even have a old model of him. Hope the remours are true since that will mean the codex is getting closer to being done
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:47 pm

And behold. I heard a sound like a Million dark eldar and necrons cry out in anguish, then there was silence. All kidding aside though, I feel that varient space marine lists should all be downloadable like blood angels, and big releases saved for races they sorely need them. But then I'm bitter at the loss of chaos cult and undivided armies, so pay me no heed
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 8:40 am

Dark Eldar are broken. They don't need a new codex affraid

New Space Wolves still win!
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 8:45 am

Sexiest_hero wrote:
And behold. I heard a sound like a Million dark eldar and necrons cry out in anguish, then there was silence. All kidding aside though, I feel that varient space marine lists should all be downloadable like blood angels, and big releases saved for races they sorely need them. But then I'm bitter at the loss of chaos cult and undivided armies, so pay me no heed

The dark eldar do need a new codex I think that the necrons are doing just fine and really dont need an update there are other armies that are hurting and dying for a new codex. Poor Daemonhunters and Witchhunters.....and TAU
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 9:19 am

Daemon Hunters!!!!!!! I've been holding out on playing them until a new Codex! santa

Grey Knights FTMFW!
Back to top Go down
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 10:07 am

Go Space-Puppies, GO!
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:24 pm

I love my Marines and the Emperor as much as the next guy, but the last thing GW needs to do is release ANOTHER imperial codex after the IG. If they don't want to do a new Tau, Necron, or DE codex, then let's see some Chaos Mini-Dex's. We've got Black Templars, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, and now seemingly a new Space Wolves codex... I think the traitors are just as full of history, with perhaps even richer characters because they're so much older. Again, I love the imperium, but those other folks deserve some love, too.
Back to top Go down
LupusGhost
Neophyte
LupusGhost

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:24 pm

I cant wait! Need new codex badly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: space wolves... bah!   space wolves... bah! Empty

Back to top Go down

space wolves... bah!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: