CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.

Go down 
+3
Warmonger
Scav
CaelynTek
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. Empty
PostSubject: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. EmptySun May 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Hey guys and girls,

I got a card for CAG from a guy at Up Up and Away this weekend.

I wanted to see about the possibility of getting BACK into WH40K. You see I used to be a HUGE gamer back in the days of the original Rogue Trader rules. I was primarily a Space Ork player and was big into mods and scratch builds. Part of the reason I got into WH40K was for the model building and painting.

I used to be a very good painter, I peddled my painted figs at game conventions and painted custom work for other gamers, eventually I had become a judge for my local con's miniature and diorama competition.

But when GW started getting out of hand with the rules revisions I stopped playing. Back when they first released "2nd edition" they really pissed me off, cause I had JUST bought a brand new book for the original rules set, a book that had JUST been released, then 2 months later out came the 2nd edition rules which made the brand new RT book I had just bought obsolete.

Then many years later I tried to get back into it and bought what I think was a 3rd edition set, with a new rule book, a marine army, a marine vehicle and a dark eldar army. But for some reason I never actually played. I think it was because I had lost a job and had to move.

Anyway.. now, several years later, I want to try getting into WH40K again. I don't know if I still have my painting skills, but I'll give it a shot.

Anywhoo,

So yeah, My name is Caelyn... and even though my name doesn't look like it.. I'm a guy... heh... I'm 38 years old and married and I work at University of Cincinnati.

I'm going to look around the forum a bit and see what's what.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. EmptySun May 17, 2009 3:51 pm

hey welcome to the forums!

i am actually a student at the university of cincinnati - college of daap (architecture major)

CAG is THE place to find out more about the local gaming community!
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Scav wrote:
hey welcome to the forums!

i am actually a student at the university of cincinnati - college of daap (architecture major)

CAG is THE place to find out more about the local gaming community!

Hey Scav, thanks for the reply.

I have a friend who's an artist in DAAP, she's graduating this summer. I work on East Campus though.

Here is a picture of me in back of our Condo:

Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. Caelyn_Bishop_web

I can't seem to find any of my photos of my WH40K figs, but here is one of my old Battle Tech figs (Bear in mind this one was painted in 1993):

Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. Battlemaster01

Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. Battlemaster02
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello and welcome! My oldest brother works at UC also. Smile
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Welcome to the boards man!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:27 am

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
guynamedFleck
Neophyte
guynamedFleck

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:36 am

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
thorgrim
Neophyte
thorgrim

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Welcome. I joined CAG about a month ago and have met some really cool people. Check out the Make a Date section if you ever feel like meeting some people to play at one of the local shops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi. Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Forum Stuff! :: Say Hello!-
Jump to: