CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I have so far

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:30 pm

I don't yet have an Army list, I don't even have my codexes yet. But these are the Models I have:

Model - Weapon -Qty
SOB Canoness - bolter/Flamer combiweapon - 1
SOB Sister Superior - Power Mace and Bolter/Grenade Launcher - 1
SOB Battle Sister - Bolter - 9
SOB Battle Sister w/standard - Bolter - 1
SOB Battle Sister - Melta Gun - 1
SOB Battle Sister - Multi Melta - 1
SOB Seraphim - Twin Bolt Pistols - 3
SOB Seraphim - Twin Flamer Pistols - 1
SOB Seraphim Superior - Plasma Pistol and Sword 1

SOB Immolator Tank - Twin Linked Heavy Flamers 1

Witch Hunter Inquisitor - 1
Crusader Sword - 1
Sister Hospitaler - 1
Lexmechanic - 1
Acolyte - 1
Penitent - 1
Cherubim - 1

Space Marine - Bolter - 14
Space Marine - Flamer - 2
Space Marine - Missle Launcher - 2
Space Marine Sergeant - Chainsword - 2
Space Marine Captain - Bolter and Power Axe - 1
Space Marine Terminator Sergeant - Power Sword and Storm Bolter - 1
Space Marine Terminator - Power Glove and Storm Bolter - 4

Space Marine Land Speeder - 1
Space Marine Dreadnaught - 1

So far the only things I have painted are the Immolator, the Speeder and the Canoness is partially painted....and I'm planing to re-paint the Immolator and Speeder.

I have a lot of work to do.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Isn't the plural of codex codices? I dunno, but it sounds like a fun and fancy word.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:47 am

wittdooley wrote:
Isn't the plural of codex codices? I dunno, but it sounds like a fun and fancy word.

Yeah your right... and I knew that but still spelled it wrong.

DOH!
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyFri May 22, 2009 9:00 am

I just found out something I didn't know.

Apparantly, as a Witch Hunter army, you cannot enlist Space Marines into your Army list if you have any Adeptis Sororitas (Battle Sisters) at all.

Basically what they are saying is, Space Marines are only a replacement for Battle Sisters if you don't have any Battle Sisters. IE, the easy way for someone who already has a Marine Army to play as Witch Hunters, without having to buy Battle Sisters.

So I have all these Marines I can't use with my Sisters of Battle.

Looks like the Assault on Black Reach wasn't the best choice after all.

So either I have to just paint my Marines anyway and play them alone once in a while. Or sell them or trade them for Imperial Guard, which CAN be played along side Sisters of Battle.

But then which Imperial Guard? Only the basic Imperial Guard army list items can be used with Witch Hunters, but you can use any of the models, you just can't use the special army lists to equip them. So the only reasons for picking which Imperial Guard models to use, are for the look.

Hmm.....
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyFri May 22, 2009 9:16 am

I haven't looked at the Witch Hunters dex in a while, but I thought you could use stormtroopers? Dunno.

The stormtrooper models are awesome. Sadly, they're metal and expensive.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyFri May 22, 2009 9:58 am

wittdooley wrote:
I haven't looked at the Witch Hunters dex in a while, but I thought you could use stormtroopers? Dunno.

The stormtrooper models are awesome. Sadly, they're metal and expensive.

Yeah you can use stormtroopers. I don't really care if they are metal or not. Remember I came from a time when NEARLY all of them were metal. Smile

I'm thinking I might was well just sell off all my marines and buy a bunch more Sisters and Celestines, then some Storm Troopers and make my army entirely from the Inquisitorial Arm.

I don't know... I guess I'll just see how it goes. I have a ways to go painting wise before I need to make that decision anyway.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:45 pm

You could run a Space Marine army using the sisters of battle as an attachment to the Space Marines.

You can take an HQ 2 troops and some other things but can't remember off the top of my head. So basically you have a SM and SoB army.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:59 pm

JTPitt wrote:
You could run a Space Marine army using the sisters of battle as an attachment to the Space Marines.

You can take an HQ 2 troops and some other things but can't remember off the top of my head. So basically you have a SM and SoB army.

Maybe...

But I don't want a Space Marine Army.. I want a Witch Hunter Army.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:05 pm

I like the Inquisition themed stuff. I think you should keep a few of your marines and build a Deathwatch Kill team. They look sweet, and are strictly inquisitorial.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 pm

I just picked up on Ebay a new Sisters of Battle Squad, A new SOB Seraphim Squad and a new Immolator tank.

So that brings my model total to:

1 SOB Canoness - bolter/Flamer combiweapon
1 SOB Sister Superior - Power Mace and Bolter/Grenade Launcher
1 SOB Sister Superior - Chain Sword and Bolter
16 SOB Battle Sisters - Bolters
1 SOB Battle Sister w/standard - Bolter
1 SOB Battle Sister - Melta Gun
1 SOB Battle Sister - Multi Melta
1 SOB Battle Sister - Flamer
1 SOB Battle Sister - Storm Bolter
6 SOB Seraphim - Twin Bolt Pistols
2 SOB Seraphim - Twin Flamer Pistols
2 SOB Seraphim Superior - Plasma Pistol and Sword

2 SOB Immolator Tanks - Twin Linked Heavy Flamers

1 Witch Hunter Inquisitor
1 Crusader Sword
1 Sister Hospitaler
1 Lexmechanic
1 Acolyte
1 Penitent
1 Cherubim

I keep trying to find some Inquisitorial Storm Troopers but they are hard to find. Just as hard as Arco-Flagellants and Sisters Repentia (But I have some out of box repentia being bid on, I'll know in a couple of days if I get them.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 pm

So I have a question about points in army lists.

When you have a model that comes by default with a weapon, do you have to pay the points cost for that weapon, or is it included in the price of the model?

Example

Battle Sisters by default have bolters. Do I then have to pay the extra 2 points for bolters for each model in the unit?

OR

Seraphim by default have twin bolt pistols and jump packs. A Seraphim model costs 22 points. Do I also have to pay 2 points for the bolt pistols and 20 points for the jump packs for each model in the unit?

And while all Sisters of Battle are supposed to have power armor, I assume you still have to write it down and pay for it for each model?

It's been so long and so many versions since I played, I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:06 am

No you don't all weapons that come with the model profile (I.E Space marines armed with bolter) already have the cost added in. Same with the power armour.

IF seraphim costed 44 points people would cry Smile

All the troop units basic goods are already added in. you only pay for upgrades. Some things have vastly improved over the years.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:28 am

Sexiest_hero wrote:
No you don't all weapons that come with the model profile (I.E Space marines armed with bolter) already have the cost added in. Same with the power armour.

IF seraphim costed 44 points people would cry Smile

All the troop units basic goods are already added in. you only pay for upgrades. Some things have vastly improved over the years.

Man... if that's the case, I'm going to have to spend tons of money to get enough models to make a 1700 point army.

That means base models are CHEAP compared to equipment prices.

A Seraphim by default has 32 points worth of gear, and they only cost 22.

The difference isn't that big for basic sisters but damn. I'm going to have a hard time buying enough models to field an army unless I give all my models everything they can possibly have. Though my Celestine Saint will pad the numbers quite a bit I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:49 am

Yeah, sisters can run an power armored "Horde" army quite easy. And with the use of faith, I've had them Take the charge of 12 gene-stealers and beat them in combat. Sisters can put the hurt on fast. Oh btw I have an extra sister model I've been using to pad out my nightlord army. If you need her let me know.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:03 am

Sexiest_hero wrote:
Yeah, sisters can run an power armored "Horde" army quite easy. And with the use of faith, I've had them Take the charge of 12 gene-stealers and beat them in combat. Sisters can put the hurt on fast. Oh btw I have an extra sister model I've been using to pad out my nightlord army. If you need her let me know.

Well I just re-did my list with the models I've got, and by giving every model every possible upgrade and adding Saint Celestine I managed to get it up to 1725.

Thats with hmm... 44 individual models and two vehicles.

The spreadsheet I used for the army list kinda sucks, but it does the job for now, this is the printer friendly output of it:

http://warhammer40k.caelyntek.com/Witch_Hunters1.pdf

If I get a vehicle for my inquisitor retinue it will make it easier, or if I can find a stormtrooper boxed set somewhere that would help too.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:40 am

You know that your retenue doesn't count as an Elite choice. Here is a really cheap way to puff out your force. Get some cheap darkelf models, and convert them to agro-flagalents, or the other crazy chainsord wielding unit( I forget the name) buy you an assassin, and maybe add an Inquisitor or two, the Codex even shows hot to convert Empire models to Inquisitor henchmen. also add some cross-bows, those things rock!
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:37 am

Sexiest_hero wrote:
You know that your retenue doesn't count as an Elite choice. Here is a really cheap way to puff out your force. Get some cheap darkelf models, and convert them to agro-flagalents, or the other crazy chainsord wielding unit( I forget the name) buy you an assassin, and maybe add an Inquisitor or two, the Codex even shows hot to convert Empire models to Inquisitor henchmen. also add some cross-bows, those things rock!

Actually, according to the codex, the inquisitors retinue is included in the single Elite slot with the inquisitor. Same thing goes if you have an inquisitor lord in the HQ spot, his retinue is included in the HQ slot.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:20 pm

A lot of people use the Cadian Kasrkin for their stormtroopers.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:22 pm

wittdooley wrote:
A lot of people use the Cadian Kasrkin for their stormtroopers.

Yeah that's what I'm told. I'm going to get the Kasrkin squad definitely.

The funny thing is, I was perusing the IG codex today.

There's NO listing in the codex for Cadian Shock Troops, but both they are current models being sold in boxed sets right now, and they are pictured in the Codex itself as examples.

There are no pictures in the Codex for Storm Troopers, and they can't be found hardly anywhere, including from GW itself.... yet Storm Troopers have an entry in the Codex.

Does that make any half sense?
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Here's hoping that means a plastic kit is on the way. That's what I'm hoping........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What I have so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I have so far   What I have so far Empty

Back to top Go down

What I have so far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: