CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? Empty
PostSubject: WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?   WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? EmptySat May 23, 2009 12:41 am

OK... so this is the first miniature I've painted for nearly 10 years. I had to buy all new paints because all my old paints.. over 50 bottles... were dried up.

I was trying to decide if for my first new piece I should do an easier model like a space marine, or a more detailed harder one.. in the end I chose to try the Sisters of Battle Canoness.

WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? WIP_Cannoness01
WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? WIP_Cannoness02

These photos show it after just starting the shading and detailing phase. I was trying to decide if I should go with dry brushing or blending. I used to be really good at blending, it turns out I'm out of practice. Crying or Very sad This piece will never be a show piece, but it will be a great one for the tabletop.

So I still need to do some more work on the cloak, and I just started on the corset, moving on to the shoulder pads and power pack next.

I'm planning to make all the leather-esque items detailed in white, which is why they are basecoated in grey. I'm also thinking about making the side plates and fore grip of the gun an opaque color, leaving only the "working parts" of the gun in metallic.

So, knowing the WIP status of this, what do you all think so far?
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com

PostSubject: Re: WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?   WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? EmptySat May 23, 2009 2:49 pm

interesting departure from the 'power' colors you usually see on th SoB (red,black,white, and gold).

I'm curious to see the whole model with the cool green and blues.

Blending is working fine and the paint is pretty clean.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?   WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:17 pm

John Gemrich wrote:
interesting departure from the 'power' colors you usually see on th SoB (red,black,white, and gold).

I'm curious to see the whole model with the cool green and blues.

Blending is working fine and the paint is pretty clean.

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah when I originally bought these (in like 2002-2003), I was planning to go with the standard black and red, but never got beyond priming.

Then last week when I decided to get into it again, I went looking online for SOB photos for example and I came across the work of the woman at IronHalo.net

She has a bunch of photos of an "ongoing commission" for a Sisters of Battle Army, from a customer who wanted something less dark that will stand out more in the crowd.

http://ironhalo.net/csisters.htm

Here are some examples:

WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? CSisters06

WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? CSisters15

WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? CSisters17

When I saw that I decided that I would prefer to go a similar route, making them stand out on the battlefield. The sisters of battle are supposed to be the purest of all, why would they dress in such grim garb, I would think they should dress in bold and bright colors so as to showcase their "purity" My wife helped me to decide on the color scheme of blue green and turquoise, but I'm going to also add white on the boots, leather pouches, hair, power pack vents and even the weapons.

Even in the Witch Hunter codex there are SOB photos with white dominating in the color scheme, and I liked that look too.

We'll see how this one turns out, hopefully it would look good and I can use it as the base scheme for the rest.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?   WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Update on this WIP:

WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? WIPcanoness_back
WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? WIPcanoness_front
WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? WIPcanoness_top

I still have to finish the Simulacrum Imperialis, then there are some details to work out, straightening some edges, outlining, solidifying some colors, then basing. I'm thinking about adding some highlighting to the light green areas too, but I'm not sure yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?   WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Looking good. At this pace I'm if you are waiting to paint your entire army before playing I'll schedule a game for 2015.

*cracks whip*

Get on it old guy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?   WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:34 pm

John Gemrich wrote:
Looking good. At this pace I'm if you are waiting to paint your entire army before playing I'll schedule a game for 2015.

*cracks whip*

Get on it old guy. Very Happy

Hah...

The next should go faster, this one I was also trying to develop the color schemes, which parts are what color etc...

Though it will be a while before I can play regardless. You remember that when I USED to play.. only 15 miniatures was more than enough for a game. Now to get have an army list of 1750, I need 30 miniatures and a couple of tanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?   WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it? Empty

Back to top Go down

WIP = SOB Canoness - Does the old guy still have it?
Page 1 of 1