CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mike Leon issues a Challenge

Go down 
+6
Bojesphob
Makari
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Matt
Mendin
Mike Leon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

The Mike Leon issues a Challenge Empty
PostSubject: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

The Mike Leon issues a challenge.

He does this for his own reasons. The challenge is this:

-----------------------------------
You will make an army list.

It must contain:

At least 7 Nob Bikers

or

At least 3 Land Raiders

or

At least two models with the psychic power "Lash of Submission".

or

More than 6 Tyranid monstrous creatures

Then we will play.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:44 pm

The Mike Leon is working on his take all comers list for a GDub tournament, I take it?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:05 am

Alas, GW no longer run tournaments Sad

This thread should be funny though.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:18 am

Why would I create a competitive army list to fight you when you can't even beat my regular vanilla list?

Laughing

lol jk

I don't think you've beaten my Ultramarines yet ... although you've pasted my Guard on at least one occasion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:03 am

What about 2 Land raiders and lots of terminators w/ TH/SS?

Man... I gotta spam another LR just to get a game in with THE MIKE LEON
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:01 am

How about a mini 1750 apoc game that has all of those in the list?
Very Happy

So you wanna rematch with the nobz?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:34 am

If you want more nobz on bikes, Sean, I could loan you a few more for a match with Mike Twisted Evil I know you have a lot of them, but it wouldn't hurt to use a few more!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:45 am

bojesphob1 wrote:
If you want more nobz on bikes, Sean, I could loan you a few more for a match with Mike Twisted Evil I know you have a lot of them, but it wouldn't hurt to use a few more!

How can I fit more than my 32 bikes in a 1750 list?...
lol
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:11 pm

makari wrote:

How can I fit more than my 32 bikes in a 1750 list?...
lol

You know, you can make a 1750 list consisting of nothing but two 10-Nob Biker Squads and 2 Biker Warbossen.

It's obviously not a wise idea, but it was amusing when I found out you could sink that many points into it.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:20 pm

hehe i had just made a list talking with lupus with at least 3 LR.. as long as you let me 'proxy' a few models... its a test army.. I can play tuesdays.. or mondays..
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:03 am

altahara wrote:
hehe i had just made a list talking with lupus with at least 3 LR.. as long as you let me 'proxy' a few models... its a test army.. I can play tuesdays.. or mondays..

I thought you had five land raiders what do you need to proxy
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:20 am

i have 4.. and i need to proxy troops... not sure if i want to b uy them or not..
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 3:00 pm

Do these games need to be played by a perticular date? The reason I ask is my wife and kids are going to Florida on vacation June 27thfor 2 weeks, so I'd be interested in taking the challenge and coming down on sunday 28th. Not sure which of the above forces I would bring, but I would be up for this and possibly another game. Which store would you play at. I have a Garmin, so any should be easy to find.
Back to top Go down
jimmy jam
Neophyte
jimmy jam

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:26 pm

The Mike Leon wrote:
He does this for his own reasons.

Dude, do you realize talking in third person is utterly ridiculous! I'm a psych major and talking in third person signals insecurity issues. Is it because you're a little guy or what? confused
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Nope you just haven't met Mike, sorry I mean The Mike Leon, it is an inside joke that is going to be eternally run!!! honestly I don't even really remember how it got started but he isn't just mike leon he is THE MIKE LEON!

Mike feel free to enlighten us about the story, I think it happened at Sci-fi and there were a couple of Mikes there or something and he or someone else said he is THE Mike Leon, thus the legend is born but I am often mistaken for instances such as this!
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Dume, any time. I like Yottaquest, Sci-fi City and Acme.

Jimmy Jam, make your own thread to stroke your ego over degrees you don't have yet. Come here if you want to play warhammer.

Sean: Sean Dooley dubbed me THE Mike Leon because he never saw me lose a game for like a millenium. I think it started to freak him out or something.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:07 pm

What's with the 3rd degree Jimmy?

Yeah Mike, I'd like to get together. Like I said, the 28th would be great for me with the family going on vacation. I'll be coming down from around Dayton. Let me know what works for you, I'm flexible (place, point values and time). We tend to play 1850 - 2000 pts unless you had something else in mind, since it's your invite. Is there a specific army build you want to play? I can do either the dual lash or 3 LR or both in the same list. Like I said it's your invite to test a list of yours, just let me know on this thread or send me a pm.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:12 pm

That must have been the the first time I heard it then... oh well

The Mike Leon ROCKS!!!

we still need to hook up too! NOB Bikers here we go!
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:17 pm

So Brian and I played the first cheese vs. fluff game today.

He ran a list of:

3 Chaos Land Raiders
1 Sorcerer warptime
6 Thousand Sons, warptime, rhino
10 chaos space marines
9 terminators
2 defilers

My list was:
A shoebox full of randomly armed tactical marines which I dumped out on the table and lined up.
6 squads, all with missile launchers. 3 flamers, 2 meltas, 1 plasma. No other gear.
1 Space Marine Captain with artificer armor and power axe
5 terminators with 1 assault cannon

Brian won 8-3. I took nothing that could realistically destroy the land raiders. I thought about giving my sergeants power weapons and meltabombs, but I decided that wasn't hardcore enough. I also didn't bother to add the army list up properly before the game. I eyeballed it. Apparently my eyeballs are off by 300 points.

This list just needs a little tweaking. I'm confident I can smash all of you other scrubs if I use the extra 300 points.
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Well this is a remarkable departure from the Wall of Cheese. I think artificer armor is too much, though. Lose it and then throw in a Command Squad for maximum fluffiness. Maybe throw in a Rhino for each Tactical Squad, or lose two Tacs and do one Assault and one Devastator for the mini-Battle Company feel.

Would you like to get a game in sometime soon? I'll play Guard so our armies aren't too similar. I think I'd enjoy playing you once without having to glue my models back together as soon as I open my case.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Are you going to rise to the challenge, Jon?

Edit: I did lose the artificer armor. He has 2 storm shields now. Does anyone have extra storm shield bits?

Dume you can play any army build you want. The cheesier the better. If you can put 6 guys with lash in 6 land raiders and have 3 defilers then do it.

This is the Cheddah Challenge from this moment on.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:05 am

would it be possible to take the challenge after Origins next week?

The KaintheDragoonX wants a piece of The Mike Leon! elephant
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mike Leon issues a Challenge   The Mike Leon issues a Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mike Leon issues a Challenge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Make a Date!-
Jump to: