CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol

Go down 
+4
Matt
Marc
Rhino-182
CJ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol Empty
PostSubject: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 10:58 pm

but comments and some feed back WILL BE WELCOME THIS TIME!

Now I didn't spray yet but this is the color theme I'm going for.

My dad suggest one time making an army look like Spartans...(Michigan State)

His wish is my command.....

*sigh* life sucks dick guys.....give your dad a hug.
Image hosted by servimg.com
<p>Image hosted by servimg.com<p>

Image hosted by servimg.com<p>
Image hosted by servimg.com

don't kill it too bad......I think it looks half way decent!
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 8:41 am

i like the color scheme... the paint looks like it's on a little heavy though
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 9:08 am

Good idea. I didn't know you owned green paints Laughing Wink

Lets start with a list of colours used CJ.

Also, clear out the junk from the background on your next snapshots (very much like your 1st pic)
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Yup, and remember to get the model in focus.

As Ryan said, the paint looks a little on the heavy side. Swing by sometime and we can paint one through at the same time if you want.

Your scheme and all, just want to help out. Should only take an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 6:41 pm

Matt...sounds good!

As for your comment Ryan.....I inked the model green after the first initial paint....

Marc...here's your list of colors...

Matt black for the primer

Fast coated dry Boltgun Metal mix with Choas Black to get the gun metal a little darker.....

Dark Angels green for the armor....ink wash followed....

Detailed paints are Enchanted Blue.....Bllod red then a ink red cover...and Bone White for the stripe..

I use Fireglow from Reaper paints for the thrusters.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 7:50 pm

One thing I would suggest for the metal parts is as follows.

Drybrush boltgun metal over the matte black undercoat, then ink it back down. This will work better than the way you have been doing metal at the moment. Reason is, when you just mix black and boltgun you aren't doing too much good as the metalic GW paint isn't too good at playing with others.

Another thing is that your green looks a little thin, or like it has been mixed with a metal paint... gives it an inconsistency that hurts the models look imo.

What day would you want to sit and paint a mini? Need to work out when I'll have time.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 8:21 pm

Matt....I wanted some of the bolt gun metal to show through the green. Intended on purpose.....and any day I have off will be fine....I'll get you a schedule soon.

As for inking metal....what's a good ink?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 8:27 pm

bah.. its dark so an artificial light source hurts this pic.

This is a straight 1:1:1 GW TinBitz:Boltgun:BlackInk over a GW Black Primer. Gives a nice foundation and covers well as the Ink really allows the Metallic Paint to settle. I'll hit some deep recesses with Ink again and highlight with the BoltGun and finally just a few Silver.

I'll get you a better pic and Monday I'll complete the steps.

Not the "right" way to do it. Just a successful way.

Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol Test1
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 12:04 am

Yeah, that works alright. I was point out mixing GW metals with regular GW paints is just not too attractive as it messes with the consistency with the paint.

But black ink water down works pretty well on metal parts CJ.

I'd also like to help you out in the color palette department, not to change it... but rather refine it.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Here is the end of the build up to Silver CJ

Don't mind the bolter as these will get chevrons.

Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol IWtest3
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 4:01 pm

Nice CJ. Better than I can paint right now, but a little on the shiny side (not that it detracts from the sexyness of it).
Back to top Go down
Perdair
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:01 am

Well, I'm sure we'd all agree that these are not models one would enter into a painting contest, but I think that an entire army painted at this level of detail would look impressive on the table.

My opinion is: "more than good enough for gaming."

However, I really LIKE Matt's idea of getting together for a painting workshop. That might be something I'd like to take advantage of, Matt, especially since we both do Dark Angels.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:19 am

We can organize one for sure.

A few of us on the board have been painting for a long long time. I'm sure most of us would enjoy passing on some knowledge.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:51 am

Yes, I like this idea a lot. Lets get a painting party together.
Back to top Go down
dan
Initiate
Initiate
dan

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 1:23 pm

defineatly I need painting help like you wouldnt believe.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 2:19 pm

It's all very simple too, just bring a steady hand, some supplies, and a model.

A few Fridays from now would work for me. I'll try get a date up.

Sorry CJ for the hi-jack.

If a few people want some time in between now and then I could maybe set some time up.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 5:49 pm

there's a problem.....I don't have a steady hand....I have carpual(sp)tunnel syndrome in both hands. I tend to shake....so my models looking the way they do....it's good enough....and Chris is right....I'm not in it to win a painting contest....I like to make my stuff look half way decent to put on a table....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 6:57 pm

even without a steady hand, there are plenty of techniques to get your minis looking better. We can go over some of these when we sit down to paint.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 8:27 pm

See Matt...this is where you lose focus.....I don't want my mini's to look perfect. In my mind, they are......
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 10:39 pm

wait, I lose focus because I offer help to improve your painting? Fair enough... I'll use that time helping someone else out Smile

...or teaching you how to actually play the game Wink
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 3:43 pm

i wouldn't mind improoving...
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 5:39 pm

hehe...I'll defo take help on that....I've gone as far as to highlight certain areas in my rulebook...lol
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 5:51 pm

finally!

Ryan, if you and your dad would want to pop over one night or morning with your stuff we could have a little session. Just jabber and paint.

Or I could make it over there some time toward christmas when all of our schedules free up a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 4:09 pm

let's move this to PM.

back to CJ's sexy crisis suit.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 4:43 pm

Sure. CJ I think we can work with your scheme and really make it look special when we get together for the painting workshop. Seeing as you were the person I approached first, I can spend more time helping you.

Then I need to get back to the Ravenwing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol   Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol Empty

Back to top Go down

Crisis WORK IN PROGRESS MATT!!!!! lol
Page 1 of 1