CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a question about casting dice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

a question about casting dice Empty
PostSubject: a question about casting dice   a question about casting dice EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 12:04 am

on a level 4 wizard Say I have 6 casting dice (4 for his level and 2 from magic), first I can only cast 5 correct? (1 + his level)
and second if I do use 5 dice to cast a spell does that only leave me 1 die + magic pool dice to use for the next spell?
and third if I use the dice from magic pool are they spent as well or can I use them over for the next wizard?

I will assume the same answer goes for the Dispel dice as well!
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: a question about casting dice   a question about casting dice EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 9:08 am

Ronniem11 wrote:
on a level 4 wizard Say I have 6 casting dice (4 for his level and 2 from magic), first I can only cast 5 correct? (1 + his level)
and second if I do use 5 dice to cast a spell does that only leave me 1 die + magic pool dice to use for the next spell?
and third if I use the dice from magic pool are they spent as well or can I use them over for the next wizard?

I will assume the same answer goes for the Dispel dice as well!

Going to walk through this slowly...for my benefit...not yours! Sleep

You bring a level 4 wizard to the table.

He generates 4 power dice for himself and 2 dispel dice for the dispel pool.
You also generate 2 power dice for your power dice pool and 2 dispel dice for the dispel pool for playing the game.

So currently you have a grand total of 6 power dice and 4 dispel dice.

The rules state:
[*]You can never use more than your level + 1 power dice for a single spell.
[*]A wizard can only use the power dice he generates and power dice from the general power dice pool for casting spells.
[*]Once a power dice is used, it is spent for the turn.

So, here we go.

You're Wizard Lord wants to cast a spell. You look at the spell and it's difficulty is 13+. So you decide you want to cast that spell with 5 dice. You roll all four of the Wizard Lord's power dice, and you add in one dice from your power dice pool. You roll a 15. The spell goes off...whatever happens.

Now, you have just one power dice remaining in the pool. You can use that power dice to attempt to cast something small, but the 5 dice you spend on that awesome spell are now used until your next magic phase.

Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

PostSubject: Re: a question about casting dice   a question about casting dice EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:24 pm

that's pretty much how I read it too! so that is cool just makes one think out what spells to use and when to use them, great challenge when one has so many good spells to choose from! and then it makes you try to get your opponent to use up their scrolls and dispel dice as well! nice nice i am wanting to play fantasy more and more now hehe! I will study up some more on the rules

study

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: a question about casting dice   a question about casting dice EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 8:49 am

Yeah Warhammer is a lot more going on in it than 40K...tons of stuff to keep straight! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: a question about casting dice   a question about casting dice EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 6:23 pm

kainthedragoonx wrote:
Yeah Warhammer is a lot more going on in it than 40K...tons of stuff to keep straight! cyclops
You said a mouth full brother. 8-P
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: a question about casting dice   a question about casting dice EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Angry Bob wrote:
kainthedragoonx wrote:
You said a mouth full brother. 8-P

Talking is for wimps! I just CRUSH FACE!!!! BUHWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

errr...sorry ego got out of it's cage. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a question about casting dice   a question about casting dice Empty

Back to top Go down

a question about casting dice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: