CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) Empty
PostSubject: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:48 am

Working on my planetstrike terrain.

The rock is just drybrushed up through Greys (craft paints) and the browns are done with weathering powders.
Meteorites, Lava, and mines are done with more traditional painting methods.

I think you will see, despite being much maligned (GW showed resin masters then sold considerably less detailed vacformed terrain), the blastscapes do quite well with some easy techniques. For $20 Vac formed terrain they are really a steal. I just wish they were about 50% smaller.

Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) 610649207_G3UK2-L
Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) 610649195_Nz6TW-L
Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) 610649215_TFDy8-L
Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) 610649226_Zskc2-L
Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) 610649237_cvAqg-L
Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) 610649242_MisBn-M
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:59 am

I like'em, John Smile Definitely love the lava/melted rock one! That's the look i want for the one I'm working on!
Back to top Go down
Ricter
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:36 am

Just a clarification, you did buy these pieces unpainted, correct? Where from?

Nicely done either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:49 am

Ricter wrote:

Nicely done either way.

yes.... I painted them.

I bought them from Up Up and Away on Harrison Avenue. They were a GW splash release... (limited run).

The mines were a limited run Resin release... booby traps, mines and markers which I attached to hardboard w/ sand, cut up sprues and a piece of flooring from a city fight sprue.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:30 pm

Looking awesome. I think using a full set of these would really add to a game of Planet Strike.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Ricter
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 am

John Gemrich wrote:
Ricter wrote:

Nicely done either way.

yes.... I painted them.

I bought them from Up Up and Away on Harrison Avenue. They were a GW splash release... (limited run).

The mines were a limited run Resin release... booby traps, mines and markers which I attached to hardboard w/ sand, cut up sprues and a piece of flooring from a city fight sprue.

Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 am

Top job there John
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:56 am

John, did you come up with the process for the lava yourself? Or, is there a tutorial out there for doing it like that? I tried painting mine up last night before I went to bed (well.... started it at least), and it looks nothing like what you did (and I tried to get it to look similar)! I'd really love to be able to do something similar to that, but have no idea really where to start!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 am

I started with white then glazed down with yellow to orange to red to red black.

similar to this.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/article/aid/302
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks Smile I'll have to try that out... The lava one is the last one that I need to paint up from my group of them, and the rest of them turned out ok, so I'd really like to have this one look good too.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
methoderik
Neophyte
methoderik

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Those look excellent. Really like your lava.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)   Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt) Empty

Back to top Go down

Blastscapes and Mine field (look out Matt)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: Gallery-
Jump to: