CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Empty
PostSubject: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:29 am

Have at you!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.... I posted in the Market about the Empire knights, and when I got an eBay auction for 14 tomb kings skeleton horses, I was hoping to try out my conversion for a Vampire Counts Black Knight. Well, I had forgotten that I had an OOP Chaos Knight sitting in my "To Paint" pile, and realized last night that it has the style of horse (albeit a different head, of course) that the Empire Knights have. So, I started my conversion Smile

Now, this is not my painting (the horse that is). I will be repriming this and repainting it, hopefully starting tonight. Just figured I'd show what my Black Knights are going to look like Smile

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Blackknight

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Blackknight2

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Blackknight3

So, any thoughts?

Last edited by bojesphob1 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ricter
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:37 am

The skeleton seems kind of naked compared to the horse - I feel he should have some tabard remnants, pieces of armor - something.

Other than that, it looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:55 am

Yeah, I definitely agree, and on the other ones, I'll be combining the Knights from the Empire box with skeletons to get that effect. I figured that one unarmored guy will give it a variety kind of look, so they aren't all the same. Smile But, I may toss on the chestplate from another skeleton sprue when I get it. that would help a bit, probably...
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:41 am

Ok, got a little painting done, and two more assembled. I think that the banner carrier is going to have the dead carcass on it from the warriors box... but I'm not sure if I want to do that or not yet. We'll see Smile I've got a lot of options that I can use, but I'm happy with them so far!

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Blackknights

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Blackknights2
Back to top Go down
Ricter
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Yeah, I definitely like the unpainted, fully assembled one (third mounted from left) better.

I realize that you've already glued on the standard arm, but I feel like you can do something more creative than that.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Do you have a Grave Guard box set Joe?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:39 pm

No, Marc, no grave guard yet. Eventually I will be picking some up (probably off of ebay if I ever see a deal I can't pass up). Do they have good bits in the Grave Guards?

Ricter, yeah, I know what you mean. Since that one is still in progress, I'm thinking about chopping the middle part of the arm out and putting it in as bones from one of the extra spear arms from the skeleton warriors box. Though, I think I may paint some dried blood coming out of the front face mask of that one as a little homage to the Black Knight from Holy Grail Smile
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:57 pm

bojesphob1 wrote:
Do they have good bits in the Grave Guards?
I believe the GG helms, armour & shield components would look much more Black Knightsish

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Vcgg
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:35 pm

I might try to get some bits and use some from that kit, but overall, I'm going more for a "I just raised some dead Empire guys" kind of look, with a few bits from the skeletons. Like the were JUST raised before the battle. If I go with the grave guard look, they would look like black knights that were raised, then went over to the ole' Vampire Counts armory and switched out the armor they were wearing when they died for some Counts approved stuff... Not saying it's a bad idea, just not exactly the look I'm going for... I think this is about what you were thinking, right? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140338409613&Category=152941&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 am

Ok... New update Smile

Here is a WIP Standard bearer (notice that the shield is not finished, nor the saddle, or the base):

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) BlackKnightBanner

A WIP musician. Armor is incomplete, as is the shield, horse armor, saddle, and cloth on the arm. Yes, that is an Empire head as the bell of the trumpet Twisted Evil

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Musician

And while I'm on the topic.... Anybody have any ideas for what I could do for the Champion for the Black Knights?

Just so I don't have to make another thread, this is an objective marker for 40k that I am working on that I started because of a post on BoLS.

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Objectivefront

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Objectiveback
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:52 pm

I think I might use this for my champion conversion:

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) M350212_99120202011_EmpireGeneralMountedOnlyMain_873x627
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:57 pm

I suggest the general kit.The banner in the kit is prolly another bit you,ll use since it has the reaper on it.Would look awesome in that unit ur buildin.I have that bit and wont be usin it.let me know.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:18 am

So, I ordered the Empire General off ebay, got a really good deal on it, and I was thinking, if I can get this kitted up good enough, maybe I can use it as a Wight Lord. I do have a Wight Lord, the old metal version, but I don't like the model all that much. So, if I use this one, it would probably be better to have the Wight Lord be the nice looking heavily converted model, and use the Wight Lord metal model be the Champion of one of the black knight units, right?
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:50 am

Yeah the general as your wight lord would look awesome.Are you running one unit of of knights.My friend sean runs a unit of 9 with a lord and a unit of 6 for flank charges.The 2 units together almost always kill whatever they are fighting.Or even a unit of dire wolves to enhance the knights.Cant wait to see them done.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:54 am

Not sure, JJM. To tell you the truth, I haven't even read the codex yet, LOL! I was thinking about 2 units, one with the Wight Lord, one attached to maybe a mounted Vampire. I'll have approximately 14 total models (well, I have 14 skeletal horses that I can modify), and one metal wight lord model, so I'll have a total of 15. I'm going for a purely skeleton army (except for vampires... I might also use one on foot to put in the middle of the the foot skeletons, depending on if I have enough points or not), so I'll have a BUNCH of skeletons, both normal and grave guard, probably, and a bunch of black knights Smile
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:16 am

Skeletons are cheap so you,ll have plenty of points to spend on grave guard and knights.They have a unit called spirit hosts,a converted skeletal spirit host is something ive never seen,and they can only be hit by magic(etheral creature) ,and walk through anything undetered by movement,i,ve seen these tie up big units of orcs and spearmen for most of 4 turns killin as they please:evil:
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 am

ooooo, that sounds interesting Smile Might have to think about those as well!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:38 am

I could even use regular skeletons on the bigger base and paint them like the Army of the Dead from LOTR, like this link:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=cat150114a&aId=12300001

That would be kinda cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Yea! Got the Empire General box today..... and some more skeleton bits as well Smile I'll be doing some assembly tonight, unless something else pops up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)   The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Black Knight always triumphs!! (Update 8/11)
Page 1 of 1