A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM Empty
PostSubject: 2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM   2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:42 am

[b]HELLO NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT LIVE IN THE CINCINNATI AREA(COLRAIN TOWNSHIP)I,VE NEVER PLAYED IN TOURNAMENTS BUT ONLY WITH FRIENDS.WE PLAY VERY LITTLE THESE DAYS BECAUSE OF WIFES AND JOBS,BUT WOULD LOVE TO PLAY NEW ARMIES(ONLY FANTASY HERE).I RECIENTLY STOPPED IN TO SCI-FI AND FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS FORUM.THE GUYS THAT WERE THERE SAID 2250 PTS IS THE NORM SO I PUT THIS WARRIORS OF CHAOS LIST TOGETHER AND WOULD LIKE FEEDBACK PLEASE.

GENERAL-CHAOS LORD-HW,CHAOS ARMOUR
CHAOS RUNESHIELD,CHAOS RUNESWORD,DEMONIC MOUNT,MARK OF SLAANESH.----375 PTS

EXALTED HERO---HW,CA AXE OF KHRONE,FAVOR OF THE GODS--160

EXALTED HERO--HW,CA,AETHERSWORD-----160

CHAOS SORCERER--HW,CA,LEVEL 2 WIZ,BARDED CHAOS STEED,POWER FAMILIAR,DISPEL SCROLL---186

CORE UNITS-ALL WITH CHAMP,STD BEARER,MUSICIAN

MARAUDER HORSEMAN X5--HW,LA,THROWING SPEARS--105

WARRIORS X11-2HWS,CA,BANNER OF RAGE------251

WARRIORS X11-HW,CA,SHIELDS------206

SPECIAL--ALL WITH CHAMP,STD BEARER,MUSICIAN

DRAGON OGRES X3-HW,LA,GREAT WEAPONS,CHAMP---251

KNIGHTS X5--RAPTUROUS STANDARD---------270

RARE---

DRAGON OGRE SHAGGOTH-----GREAT WEAPON---------285

TOTAL--2249
APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS
I ALSO PLAY WITH EMPIRE,DARK ELVES.
FRIENDS ARMIES---ORCS,HIGH ELVES,BEASTS,DWARVES,CHAOS
THANKS
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Srry old ears   2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Caps off sorry about that,im new to forums wont happen again
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM   2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums. I play both 40k and Fantasy. I prefer fantasy though. As far as your list goes lets see...Im going to approach this from a tournament viewpoint:
your core foot sloggers are too small in group, remember you need 5 models to get a rank, in addition if you are outnumbered by a fear causing enemy and lose combat you will auto break unless you roll insane courage (double ones) and those standards are 100 extra victory points when they run you down. Now I am not completely familiar with the warrior of chaos codex, but if your khorn guy is frenzied, he can be baited out with a chump unit and then counter charged, which hurts. Also as a form long time beast of chaos player, drop the Shaggy. He is an impressive model, but you would better served with another unit of dragon ogres. They are hard as nails. Lets talk magic. I wouldnt even waste the points on that level 2 sorcerer, honestly with only one scroll and him your going to be dominated by almost any army in the magic phase and he will just sit there rolling dice that wont get through. For example in my chaos daemon list (whil is actually a melee list) i have 6 dispel dice and 2 scrolls in 2250, and im not even focused on magic. So either set up a good magic defense or just conceed that phase and focus on your bread and butter....hand to hand combat.
That all being said...please play the list as you most enjoy it. After all we are all out to have fun, my viewpoints are from a competitive view and not for casual gaming. Also if you ever wnat to roll some dice....Im available for fantasy all day every day from 8/16 through 9/5 except for some drill weekends with the army. Im getting ready to deploy and I am on leave from employment pending my deployment. Trying to get as much gaming in as possible.
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: 2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM   2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Yeah i agree with you on the dragon ogres,but i only have 4 of them.I am not usually a chaos player,this is my first list with them.i am in the process of painting a unit of 20 warriors(old style got them free)but only have the 2 units of 11 or 12 at the moment painted(BTW is there a painted or unpainted policy?).I also have another unit of 5 knights,and a unit of 10 knights,plus a big unit of 30 marauders.I originally bought chaos just to paint them,but now i wanna play and still be somewhat competative with them.

I was really thinking of fielding a cavalry army but knights are special choices now and it affected my core choices.

Thanks for the input-jjm
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: 2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM   2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Just approach the book as Wizards of Chaos and you can't go wrong...
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM   2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Well, the tourny armies are min maxing this army, runing bare min marauder horseman cores and maxing out the specials. It can be considered "power gaming" but hey, at tournament level I dont think such a thing exists. For casual play, run with what you got...after all its just for fun and the Shaggy might do something amazing, or some pud my bring him down and all of a sudden you got a memorable Warhammer moment... btw dont mix those up with memorable moments involving your spouse...I made that mistake of fondling looking back on a gaming convention event and my wife was referring to the restaraunt we went to dinner at while at the convention...not a good night....futons suk! Oh btw I have 5 chaos knights, 5 marauder horsemen and a crap ton of foot slogging marauders for sale or trade. I was going to do that army but changed my mind. Now that I am being deployed next month I am trying to get rid of some excess stuff while packing.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: 2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM   2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 pm

unpainted figs are fine for non-tourney play and I am available most days all day long. PM me if you want a game. Monday nights are turning into fantasy night at Sci Fi City even though we only had one table available last Monday. It worked out, only 3 of us were there for fantasy Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM   2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM Empty

Back to top Go down

2250 PT CHAOS WARRIORS---NEW TO FORUM
Page 1 of 1